I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rift (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706530)

Pentegarn Apr 21st, 2011 11:02 PM

Rift

Been messing around some with it. It is pretty interesting as MMORPGs go.

While you play these holes in the sky open up (they can be minor or major) and small swarms of monsters come out of them. Occasionally several will open up at once as one of the outer planes starts a full scale invasion on a zone, and they will destroy all npcs in the area if left all unchecked. Players have to band together and defeat the mobs.

The class system is kind of interesting, you have the 4 basic classes of which you choose one to be (mage, cleric, rogue, warrior) and 8 sub classes in each. You choose 3 and then set up a spec within those spec trees.

Kind of fun so far, and since I don't have the free time I once had and this game can be played for small 30 minute sessions and still accomplish something, it is a pretty good fit for me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 22nd, 2011 09:48 AM

Rift looks like fun, especially with those zone holes. Reminds me of the parts of FF8 where the monsters would take a lunar bridge to earth.

OxBlood Apr 22nd, 2011 02:01 PM

I´d really like to play it...but I guess by the time I get to buy a new PC Rift´s time will be over again :D

executioneer Apr 22nd, 2011 07:31 PM

can you be a glitter boy

Colonel Flagg Apr 22nd, 2011 08:00 PM

Sounds addictive

Dimnos Apr 22nd, 2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 718342)
can you be a glitter boy

:lol

Pentegarn Apr 23rd, 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 718342)
can you be a glitter boy

Only if your name is Willie :lol

executioneer Apr 24th, 2011 05:23 AM

i mean who wouldn't want to play as a mech with a gun so big it needs to anchor itself in the ground plus use retro-rockets whenever it fires, c'mon guys

kahljorn Apr 25th, 2011 02:46 PM

maybe ill check this out on the weekends i need some shit to keep me distracted :O

Pentegarn Apr 26th, 2011 09:41 PM

What I find really odd about this game is every class has some sort of pet class option. Usually pets are reserved for hunters or mages, but there is a warrior and cleric pet option as well.

Been messing with a warrior that is a beastmaster/reaver/paladin

Pentegarn Jun 5th, 2011 08:03 PM

Last patch introduced a chest reward for doing random normal dungeons (where you join a random group at your level to do a random dungeon at your level). The chest has a random piece of blue gear in it (green gear is basic magic gear, blue is rare gear, and purple is epic gear, like WoW). I expect this will tick off the raid crowd though because it is now possible to have all blue gear throughout the leveling process, but you still have to do random dungeons to get there so pbbbbbt on those people