I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Movies You're Embarassed to Like (:bandwagon) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22576)

Dire Flamingo Oct 3rd, 2006 12:14 AM

Movies You're Embarassed to Like (:bandwagon)

In lieu if all the "Songs/Bands/TV Shows You're embarassed to say you like", I figured I would be a bandwagon whore and make my own crappy incarnation of this theme, so here it goes.

Me? Labyrinth. It wasn't a bad movie at all, it's just because at age six, it made my first ever crush be on David Bowie. :( At the time, I saw nothing wrong with it. My parents, however, thought it was hillarious. And I guess I'm ashamed of watching anything produced by Disney.

shakaconner Oct 3rd, 2006 12:31 AM

suburban commandow, Mr. Nanny, Surf Ninjas, Child's Play 3

WhiteRat Oct 3rd, 2006 12:47 AM

Clueless. I even own the "Whatever Edition".

RaNkeri Oct 3rd, 2006 03:06 AM

Dang, I had the same urge to create all kind of pointless threads, such as Books you're embarrassed to tell you like, Foods you're embarrassed to tell you like etc. :(

FartinMowler Oct 3rd, 2006 05:48 AM

Dumb and Dumber/Black Rain/Akira (because I still don't know what the hell is going on). Any Jackie Chan movie that doesn't have Chris Tucker in it...

the_dudefather Oct 3rd, 2006 06:10 AM

Flash Gordon, by far the most cheese ridden movie i have ever seen (unless there is a movie which is literly constructed of cheese)

Grislygus Oct 3rd, 2006 09:55 AM

I loved Flash Gordon.

"ALL WILL MAKE MERRY...
...ON PAIN OF DEATH."

And the crappy synth rock themsong by Queen? Who could not like that movie, I ask you?

As for me, I liked was Silent Hill.

They changed the plot to be more understandable to John Q. Public (a pointless gesture, not a single non-gamer "got it"), but other than that, they used a lot of Silent Hill plot elements, the music was great, the monsters were very well-done, the atmosphere was dead-on, and it had more than enough retarded movie logic to make it enjoyable. I don't get why everyone bitched about it.

Miss Modular Oct 3rd, 2006 12:52 PM

The first two American Pie movies
Legally Blonde

MLE Oct 3rd, 2006 01:04 PM

The Last Unicorn ;<

Sam Oct 3rd, 2006 01:57 PM

I'm not embarassed by ANY movies I like. >:

executioneer Oct 3rd, 2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE
The Last Unicorn ;<

seconded :(

GADZOOKS Oct 3rd, 2006 05:36 PM

That Big Lebowski

Dire Flamingo Oct 3rd, 2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
That Big Lebowski

Why would you be embarassed about liking that movie? I thought it was great.

Fathom Zero Oct 3rd, 2006 07:05 PM

Rock & Rule

Esuohlim Oct 3rd, 2006 07:49 PM

Harriet the Spy >:

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 3rd, 2006 09:52 PM

Good Burger :(

Juttin Oct 3rd, 2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
That Big Lebowski

That's my favorite movie :(

Everybody likes it, no shame in that.

Schimid Oct 3rd, 2006 10:17 PM

When I was a kid I loved My Little Pony and had no shame for it

Jixby Phillips Oct 3rd, 2006 10:37 PM

Big Lebowski is easy to lump into the catagory of movies that are easy to like because they are made up of fail-safe ingrediants that will make dumb college-age guys love it. Movies you can buy posters of at Tower Records, you know. It's one of those movies that appear on FAVORITE MOVIES LIST next to the word "etc" because they aren't so much FAVORITE MOVIES LIST as just "i like this type of bullshit because I'm cool and I just want to let you know that" lists. I completley understand.

Juttin Oct 3rd, 2006 10:39 PM

The Big Lebowski is funny as hell

Jixby Phillips Oct 3rd, 2006 11:35 PM

I love the big lebowski!

I just care too much about the criminal element that also enjoy it

DuFresne Oct 3rd, 2006 11:52 PM

-DOOM
-Dead Poets Society
-Tommy

Dire Flamingo Oct 4th, 2006 12:04 AM

Ah. The Big Lebowski is not at all a status-symbol sort of thing in my area. But I guess last year, when almost every guy in my class thought that seeing, or as in most cases, pretending to see "Clockwork Orange" made them super badass it got extremely annoying. Especially because they wouldn't shut up about it for like four months. :|

GADZOOKS Oct 4th, 2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juttin
The Big Lebowski is funny as hell

There's your answer, Dire.

Spectre X Oct 4th, 2006 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE
The Last Unicorn ;<

seconded :(

The Last unicorn is seriously fucking awesome, guys. Don't be embarassed to like it. >: