I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705181)

Fathom Zero Oct 23rd, 2010 04:34 PM

I beat Fallout 3 in two days... then continued to play it over three consoles for the next two years, beating it I don't know how many times. Story's a story. So yeh. But it was fairly epic. I decided to do what was probably the "middle-of-the-road" ending, and I'm not really spoiling anything when I say that I helped Mr. House. You have to help a faction take over Vegas, after all. He's a benevolent dictator. :)

Now I can start over and do things the propah way, lookin' in all the nooks and crannies for cool shit. I never found a snowglobe, either.

Sam Oct 23rd, 2010 08:25 PM

I've only found one snowglobe so far. :(

LordSappington Oct 24th, 2010 12:16 AM

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Oct 24th, 2010 12:18 AM

Missed that. Got Deckard's Gun, though. Rather, the gun from Fallout 1 & 2, which was modeled on Deckard's.

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 11:37 AM

I got this shit. Made my way to Primm or whatever the first town you go to (not the one you start in) then restarted. Then restarted again. Then again. I just couldnt make up my mind about what kind of character I wanted to play or if I wanted to be "good" or "evil".

Spoilers!

So are snowglobes like the new bobble heads then? I found one but didnt pick it up because I thought "I cant kill someone with that >: "

Whats the deal with books now? They arent permanent upgrades only temp?

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 11:38 AM

Oh... Epic note. I cut a dudes arm off with a switchblade and he lived to run off. :lol

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 12:42 PM

the BOOKS are still permanent, the MAGAZINES are not

also the books are a lot rarer and give +3 instead of +1

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2010 02:58 PM

@Dimnos:

Conercering Tag Skills, they only get a one-time 15point boost in character creation, they aren´t easier to level like in F1 or F2.

Just reached Primm myself. I decided to play a more or less neutral opportunist character. I steal whatever I can but I won´t kill a whole city full of people just because it has a funny name...it´s time I found some glasses though...picked the four-eyes trait.

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 03:02 PM

Trigger discipline and wild wasteland are the way to go. :picklehat

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 702015)
@Dimnos:

Conercering Tag Skills, they only get a one-time 15point boost in character creation, they arenīt easier to level like in F1 or F2.

Just reached Primm myself. I decided to play a more or less neutral opportunist character. I steal whatever I can but I wonīt kill a whole city full of people just because it has a funny name...itīs time I found some glasses though...picked the four-eyes trait.

part of what i liked is the fact that you almost CAN'T just kill a whole town like you could in f3. I could kill all of megaton or three outcasts in power armour right out of vault 101, but in new vegas i couldn't even kill a bunch of elvis-impersonator dorks when i'd leveled up to about 10 because they swarm you the hell up

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 04:44 PM

That and things really hurt, especially the giant radscorpions. I really don't fuck with them, and my explosives is at 100. I GOTS LOTS OF DYNAMITE. Kinda want the cowboy perk, too.

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2010 04:53 PM

Oh man, the fucking giant radscorpions. I stumbled into one of their nests at around level 8, and I got destroyed. I couldn't take out deathclaws until around level 16, and even then, I was picking them off with a sniper rifle from very far away.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 04:55 PM

I'm trying to find an Anti-"Materiel" Rifle, though. Fucking thing rocks, more so than the Gauss Rifle I ganked off of some Brotherhood punk suckas.

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 04:57 PM

i've got the alien blaster for deathclaws but i don't want to waste it on anything less

Dimnos Oct 25th, 2010 05:18 PM

I like how the radscopions are smart enough to run off and hide when you jump on top of a rock where they cant get you.

executioneer Oct 25th, 2010 05:30 PM

i hate the hell out of cazadors, though now i've got good DR and a 10mm smg they're not so threatening (but they still kill me once in a while when there's a swarm of six or more and i'm not expecting)

Dr. Boogie Oct 25th, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 702023)
I'm trying to find an Anti-"Materiel" Rifle, though. Fucking thing rocks, more so than the Gauss Rifle I ganked off of some Brotherhood punk suckas.

The Fallout wiki had this to say:

Quote:

• The anti-materiel rifle can be bought from any of the gun dealers found in the Mojave, specifically the Gun Runners
  • The Gun Runner's kiosk has several rifles on display, including an anti-materiel rifle. However, its sealed walls prevents the player from pilfering them, and they are not guaranteed to appear in the sales inventory.
  • NCR Ranger Veterans often use them as their primary weapon. A source of Ranger Vets is Ranger Station Delta, southwest of Hoover Dam.

Zomboid Oct 26th, 2010 12:50 AM

I'm wearing the reinforced leather armor and combat helmet (with visor!) at level 22, and I mainly use the hunting rifle, .44 magnum, and caravan shotgun. I'm teaming up with the NCR, but I haven't attacked the BoS or done any of the Strip quests. So fun.

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 01:49 AM

I got cheated out of the Master of the Mojave achievement. Eh. But I made it to Jacobstown. And met Lily. :lol

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 702019)
part of what i liked is the fact that you almost CAN'T just kill a whole town like you could in f3. I could kill all of megaton or three outcasts in power armour right out of vault 101, but in new vegas i couldn't even kill a bunch of elvis-impersonator dorks when i'd leveled up to about 10 because they swarm you the hell up

Yeah I also noticed that it seems to be a little more dangerous this time around. Not that I die all the time but I DID die, which happend only very rarely in F3 on normal.

I just finished the Dinosaur-Quest this morning and got my first packmule...err companion and house (the motel room does count as a safe house as far as I know). I want scopes and mods for my handguns though and I canīt find any decent traders around the wastes...only second rate fleamarket entrepreneurs...

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 04:50 AM

Gun Runners has a couple.

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 05:51 AM

They´re around Vegas itself, right? I still haven´t gottan that far north on the map yet but I guess that´ll be my homework for today. Another thing. The armor (especially the helmet) and the pistol from the cover...I guess that´s some kind of Vegas-Guard Armor and a modified .357 can anyone confirm that?

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 10:48 AM

The gun just looks like a .357 Magnum Revolver, but I don't know what the duster and helmet are. It's not worn by anyone on the strip, at least that I know of.

OxBlood Oct 26th, 2010 12:59 PM

Found the armor...in theory. It´s elite ranger armor and the gun seems to be either a modded .357 or the 44 magnum

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2010 01:13 PM

Mmm. Never met one of them rangers before. Also, I got a snowglobe. And blew some poor doctor's head off because he wasn't giving me market value for my guns. Jerk.