I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Sam Sep 8th, 2011 04:31 PM

I love Dead Island.

Also playing as Sam B.

"WHO DO YOU VOODOO BITCH?"

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 8th, 2011 05:58 PM

When I got to the first Thug you fight my game Daggerdale'd real bad. After that it hasn't glitched again.....yet

OxBlood Sep 9th, 2011 01:00 AM

I´m really starting to like Sam´s Skillset, as he´s the only Character that can take normal enemies out of comission for 6 seconds...just like that and he has that hilarious head-jump :D

By the way once I got to the second Act, I got really angry at Capcom. I always though no one was able to make a hot, sunny city scary and threatening (I´m looking at you Resident Evil 5 you piece of crap) but Techland just casually walks in and nails it. The city is GOOD. Really good.

zerothree Sep 9th, 2011 03:31 AM

I'll be spending the whole day playing Jet Grind Radio, MvsC2, Sword of the Berzerk, and Shenmue.

Happy 12th Birthday Dreamcast.

Oh, and Starfox 64 3D.

kahljorn Sep 9th, 2011 04:35 AM

maybe ill get dead island. did you buy it on xbox 360 billiam?

i almost want to get it for my computer since i just upgraded ;/

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 9th, 2011 09:25 AM

I didn't but I'm thinking about buying it this weekend. just a rental for the time being.

k0k0 Sep 9th, 2011 09:34 AM

Fucking red box near my house only had a choice between Driver San Francisco and Warhammer Space Marine. I decided to go inside the walgreens and get a block of cheese instead.

Zomboid Sep 9th, 2011 01:02 PM

Still playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's pretty fucking hard until you get the hang of combat and some better guns. It really lacks personality and is pretty dry, but it's fun enough to keep going with until I beat it.

Mad Melvin Sep 9th, 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 741247)
Still playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's pretty fucking hard until you get the hang of combat and some better guns. It really lacks personality and is pretty dry, but it's fun enough to keep going with until I beat it.

I strongly recommend that you download L.U.R.K. mod for it. It makes the game creepier and fixes all the things that annoyed me in the vanilla version.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 01:32 PM

I recommend you skip Shadow and move right on into Call of Pripyat.

It's... really up there with me. I HOLD IT IN HIGH REGARD, in other words.

Mad Melvin Sep 9th, 2011 01:39 PM

You fool. Shadow Of Chernobyl is awesome, but I really dislike the vanilla version of it. Too buggy, the enemies have supernatural eyesight and the guns don't seem to have any punch to them. The plot is kinda forgettable too, but the atmosphere is just amazing. With the L.U.R.K. mod, it's a really cool experience, 'cause it addresses all the things I just bitched about. And then some!

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2011 01:43 PM

I grant full disclosure and say that I've not modded Shadow of Chernobyl. I loved it a lot, though.

But Call of Pripyat just blows away every PC game in years for me. The sound design, the weather effects, all of it. Everything is immersive. I started playing it in my apartment's living room on my big-ass TV with my surround sound stereo system hooked up and it blew my mind. Blew everyone else's mind, too, because after a while, I was attracting a crowd. Seriously, I can't laud Pripyat enough.

Zomboid Sep 9th, 2011 01:50 PM

Alright, I'll install that mod and finish this one before trying Pripyat. I'm a few areas in right now, but I think that I still have a ways to go. I fucking love the arena. Every game needs an arena area.

kahljorn Sep 9th, 2011 05:47 PM

i love the mods too. I don't play it without mods :(

at first i just used weapon mods to make the enemies actually die when they get shot in the head. Then i tried those alife mods. Really make it more fun.. there's a few that completely change the whole game -- some even change the storyline.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 10th, 2011 09:50 AM

Star Fox 64 3D. I still got it after all these years. Unlocked Expert in only a few playthroughs. The graphics are so fucking pretty.

Zomboid Sep 10th, 2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 741309)
i love the mods too. I don't play it without mods :(

at first i just used weapon mods to make the enemies actually die when they get shot in the head. Then i tried those alife mods. Really make it more fun.. there's a few that completely change the whole game -- some even change the storyline.

Yeah, the gun thing really put me off, initially. I snuck up on this old building filled with enemies, and had to put two clips into a guy before he finally keeled over. Then I got a shotgun from one of my dead allies, which was great, but even that seemed pretty weak. I mean, a blast from a sawed-off shotgun should cut right through a guy in a rain jacket.

kahljorn Sep 10th, 2011 04:08 PM

:lol yea that really pissed me off and totally ruined the experience for me.
I think LURK has a weapon mod so its probably a good one to start off with.
only thing about weapon mods is that it makes you die faster too :O until you get combat armor or something :O i remember finding a stash of like 2 really good combat armors and after that i just rocked a shotgun with slugs and killed everybody.

Mad Melvin Sep 10th, 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 741378)
:lol yea that really pissed me off and totally ruined the experience for me.
I think LURK has a weapon mod so its probably a good one to start off with.
only thing about weapon mods is that it makes you die faster too :O until you get combat armor or something :O i remember finding a stash of like 2 really good combat armors and after that i just rocked a shotgun with slugs and killed everybody.

Yeah, In LURK you only need one shot to the head, or 1-2 in the torso area (if they are not wearing bodyarmor). Another cool feature is, that sometimes the enemies receive a fatal gutshot that doesn't kill them right away. They're bleeding for a while and trying to limp away before they die.

OxBlood Sep 11th, 2011 05:08 AM

I´ve crossed the sewers in Dead Island and heck, the game get´s a lot harder once you reach the city but I really like it that way. What I don´t like is that I never have enough money to keep my weapons maintained properly.
One funny thing I actually agree on with a friend of mine...the game is more fun offline without coop-buddies. It´s nice to play with them but most of the enviroment seems to be built for one player only and the whole atmosphere is gone once you go online of course...

I also got my copy of Space Marine the other day and played that for a bit too. Solid but immensly stupid in both gameplay and story but that´s to be expected of a warhammer game I guess. Which doesn´t mean I don´t like the game, it´s pretty fun, even the Multiplayer is kinda okay so far. Takes forever to level though and you have to get to level 4 before you can customize anything. What I like about it though is that you can steal your killer´s equipment, so if some highlevel asshole kills you, you can get the same stuff he hast...until you die again.

Dr. Boogie Sep 11th, 2011 08:28 PM

Just about finished with Shadows of the Damned. Good game, even though it is pretty short. Really could've used a new game+ mode, what with a single playthrough being around 6-7 hours. Still, I did laugh at how many different takes there are of Steve Blum saying, "Taste my big boner!"

Started up Dynasty Warriors 7 the other night. I like the new changes, particularly the ability to equip different weapons at any time so you don't wind up stuck with anything crappy.

Mad Melvin Sep 11th, 2011 08:48 PM

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Never played it, and decided to give it a whirl when I saw it on sale in Steam. I googled a few essential mods to improve the gameplay and graphics. Weird game. Everything seems very static and fake, NPC AI is pretty bad, there are too many useless dungeons and there aren't that many intresting quests, but somehow i'm extremely addicted. I like stealing shit from peoples houses when they sleep and the Dark Brotherhood missions were awesome. Despite all it's flaws, a pretty good game.

Dimnos Sep 12th, 2011 01:35 AM

Once I beat the dark brotherhood missions my interest dropped fast. :\

OxBlood Sep 12th, 2011 02:50 AM

What´s it with Dead Island. Everytime I get to a new setting, it´s still beautiful and creates a great mood. Even the Jungle which I thought would suck is really cool. And Dr. West is there so we´re all set I guess.

k0k0 Sep 13th, 2011 06:45 PM

Started my second playthrough of Deus Ex, the asshole playthrough. Whereas before I was nice and did everything good, this time I'm a dick to everyone. I killed all the cops in detroit and sold their weapons. So now I'm about to head to china with 35k in credits. Don't know why I took the time to pick up a weapon, run it to the guy, sell, then run back so many times, as money really isn't too useful in the game. But it was fun amassing a fortune before I even get very far. And seeing all the dead cops laying around the streets is so funny. The civilians are all scared of me too as I walk by.

Spoilers!

OxBlood Sep 14th, 2011 01:36 AM

Finished Dead Island. Act 4 feels rushed and the enviroment is stupid but the other three make up for that. Very unclean programming, feels like a PC game most of the time but it´s still the best Zombie game you can get.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 14th, 2011 12:11 PM

Ahem, 2nd best zombie game

darkvare Sep 14th, 2011 01:22 PM

oh pc mods how easy can you turn serious stuff into hilarity

OxBlood Sep 14th, 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 741877)
Ahem, 2nd best zombie game

I suspect you refer to Fist of the dead star being the best? ;)

I just wish, Project Zomboid would get some more...people to program it :lol

kahljorn Sep 14th, 2011 03:37 PM

man that was awesome

i wish i had the pc version now

MarioRPG Sep 15th, 2011 10:49 PM

For, what is it now, the third time in this thread, I've started up Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. My friend finally gave it back... so long, studying!

LordSappington Sep 16th, 2011 04:08 AM

Started up Minecraft 1.8
Our friend got his server back up, and one of my friends is upset that I left their shared house to go make my own. Apparently, it makes it like it's single player and they'll never see me again. I just hate sharing a house with people, because then they end up using my stuff and I don't get to build how I like it.
Also, I got Deus Ex today; will begin tomorrow.

LordSappington Sep 19th, 2011 03:14 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing in Deus Ex. I like it, but it seems like I keep getting sidequests that require me to have hacking skills way higher than I do now, and other such stuff. For instance, right now I have to get into the morgue in the police station. How the hell am I supposed to do that? The manbaby at the front desk bitched me out and won't let me through, and when I finally sneaked in through the back, I was greeted with a hacking console two levels higher than I was, and the cops saw me and started taking me out. I just don't get it.
ALso, my buddy and I bought a Warhammer 40K starter kit; he got Orkz, and I got Space Marines. So far, it's been a blast.

Fathom Zero Sep 19th, 2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 742780)
and when I finally sneaked in through the back, I was greeted with a hacking console two levels higher than I was, and the cops saw me and started taking me out.

There is a route that requires no hacking skills. One would figure that since you decided not to put your points into hacking, then you'd at least pay attention to other ways of doing things.

Matter of fact, I can tell you how to do it all from memory, I know that police station so well.

executioneer Sep 19th, 2011 04:03 PM

i just beat portal 2 last night

wish i'd completely abstained from the internet the entire time it was out, so maybe i'd have been surprised by more than a few things in it

OxBlood Sep 19th, 2011 04:51 PM

The first thing to know about Human Revolution is: Hacking is the only skill you´ll ever need ;)

Started Gears 3 yesterday and finished today...this is quite a short game and the ending is...just bad. Don´t really want to play any multiplayer with this one so...maybe some coop and horde...

Nick Sep 19th, 2011 06:46 PM

What, how did you get it so early. :(

The multiplayer on GoW3 is so good compared to 2. It feels like a more fleshed out GoW1 multiplayer.

dextire Sep 19th, 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 742784)
i just beat portal 2 last night

wish i'd completely abstained from the internet the entire time it was out, so maybe i'd have been surprised by more than a few things in it

But Cave Johnson was still great, right?
That's one game where I'm really glad I bought it the first day it was out.

k0k0 Sep 19th, 2011 08:34 PM

I really hope amazon ships gears 3 to me tomorrow. Or else ordering it from amazon with the release date shipping was a waste. I could easily just pick it up from somewhere. Anyone have any experience with amazon for games? It's my first time with them and it's not showing that it's shipped and the deliver date is tomorrow. Makes no sense. It says "Shipping soon". Anyways, when I do get the game, first thing I'm going to do is buy the 'Garish' weapon skin so I can kill people with my flowery weapon. Maybe even the 'Deadly cute' pink one for the same reason.

Dr. Boogie Sep 19th, 2011 08:39 PM

I ordered LA Noire with Amazon and went with the release date shipping. They had a foul-up with the shipping, so it got to me on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. And they sent an apology letter, and they refunded my shipping, and they gave me a $5 voucher. It was pretty awesome.

k0k0 Sep 19th, 2011 08:42 PM

I'd rather not have that happen to me though. I paid 99 cents for the release date shipping and don't care enough about that refund. Plus I fear if I have it pushed back another day, my online gears buddies will get antsy and start the co-op without me. That's the only downside to this 4 person co-op is that if 1 dude is ready, the other 3 will probably go on ahead without him.

Fathom Zero Sep 19th, 2011 09:21 PM

If you preorder anything on Amazon, it will get there day-of, unless there's unforeseen circumstances, of course.

executioneer Sep 19th, 2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 742810)
But Cave Johnson was still great, right?
That's one game where I'm really glad I bought it the first day it was out.

wouldn'a done me any good to have bought it day one

not enough PC :(

LordSappington Sep 19th, 2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 742781)
There is a route that requires no hacking skills. One would figure that since you decided not to put your points into hacking, then you'd at least pay attention to other ways of doing things.

Matter of fact, I can tell you how to do it all from memory, I know that police station so well.

I dunno; the city layout confuses me so much, I can't figure much out. I blew my chance with Haas, and my friend told me he jumped from another rooftop onto the police rooftop, but I can't find any building I can climb up, no matter where I go. I broke in through the sewers, but the cops immediately started trying to kill me, no matter how stealthy I tried to be. I jsut really suck at this damn game.

Fathom Zero Sep 20th, 2011 12:11 AM

Try the back entrance.

OxBlood Sep 20th, 2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 742829)
If you preorder anything on Amazon, it will get there day-of, unless there's unforeseen circumstances, of course.

I never order games I really want on Amazon, simply because they ship on or to release day which is...well, too late. I prefer to have my games as early as possible. That whole release day stuff is stupid anyway. As soon as my retailer gets the game, he should sell it. Luckily, some shops see these things the same way I do and donīt give me that "Noooo, we have to wait two more days for no real reason, sorry!"-Bullshit.

Fathom Zero Sep 20th, 2011 03:06 AM

EHHHHH GERMANY IS STUPID

AMERICA RULES :sunglasses

MY PRODUCTS ARE DELIVERED TO ME AT THE TIME ADVERTISED.

OxBlood Sep 20th, 2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 742866)
EHHHHH GERMANY IS STUPID

AMERICA RULES :sunglasses

MY PRODUCTS ARE DELIVERED TO ME AT THE TIME ADVERTISED.

Thatīs how it works here too most of the time, but as I said: Getting a game on release-day is...not how I like it, I want my games sooner ;) Iīm not talking weeks here, getting a game a whole week before itīs released is good but sad at the same time. The retailers HAVE the games but theyīre sitting on them like hens on an egg for NO reason, thatīs what I hate about the whole thing.

You get your games, you give them to me, simple. You donīt wait for some artificial date.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2011 10:43 AM

I played the gears of war 3 beta multiplayer. I really didn't like it because it just felt clunky. Can't compare it to other gears game but just against other FPS.

Felt like a ham fisted goon but with a gun but with ham handed interface controls.

Dimnos Sep 20th, 2011 02:00 PM

Warhammer space marines is giving me a hard on for the time being.

Zhukov Sep 21st, 2011 12:33 AM

I have promised myself not to buy it since I already have too many unfinished games lying around.

I'll buy it when it gets around to dropping in price.

LordSappington Sep 21st, 2011 11:23 AM

I just started a new game and it's working a hell of a lot better. I did a better job getting my augs, and actually saved the hostages, then went through the police station easily after convincing Haas.
Now that I know what I'm doing, this game is fantastic.

kahljorn Sep 23rd, 2011 09:45 PM

so i downloaded the rift free trial :O

Pentegarn Sep 24th, 2011 06:17 AM

What's your take on Rift?

I played it for awhile, my advice to you is search for collectibles to sell on the auction house, that's where the real in game money is

kahljorn Sep 24th, 2011 04:11 PM

do you still play it?

its kinda fun so far. did some major rift type events that were fun although they lasted forever

although im kinda pissed cause the game deleted my character ;/ got to level 12 or so, come back today and its gone

Pentegarn Sep 24th, 2011 08:22 PM

I wonder if that is how the demo version works?

Nah I stopped playing just short of hitting 50, just lost interest because it is exactly like WoW in how you level and get gear. I was leveling quickly because I had done it all before only it was on WoW :lol

mew barios Sep 24th, 2011 11:52 PM

i finally got around to messing with one of my saturns, i was testing it out with this game called mr. bones and for some reason it's pissing me off just enough that i don't want to stop playing it

kahljorn Sep 25th, 2011 12:26 AM

my other characters saved. I guess the server I had it on isnt appearing on the server list.

but so far i like it lots of options. So hard to decide what to play though ;/

Pentegarn Sep 25th, 2011 06:44 AM

The server was probably down it sounds like.

If you like mages with a ton of options, i would go with elementalist chloromancer mix, lean more toward elementalist and you have tank, dps, and heals covered while soloing

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 25th, 2011 12:01 PM

what the hell is a chloromancer?

k0k0 Sep 25th, 2011 12:10 PM

It's a class that chloroform's you to death and then necromances your dead body to fight for him. Not to be confused with the class that uses chlorox bleach and a cat's manner of jumping to predict the future.

kahljorn Sep 25th, 2011 08:17 PM

i wish the weapons could grow more. i remember having most of my weapons maxed by the second area

Esuohlim Sep 25th, 2011 08:44 PM

I think I'm finally bored with Anti-Idle, after like 5 goddamn months. Got to level 3700 or so. :\

Pentegarn Sep 25th, 2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 743676)
what the hell is a chloromancer?

They are a life based damage dps class that has a secondary heal sub effect to most of their spells due to a buff they get

Pentegarn Sep 25th, 2011 10:09 PM

As an aside I am playing the castlevania gameboy advance games, just beat Harmony of Dissonance and started Auria of Sorrow. When I beat that I will play Circle of the Moon last cause it is my least favorite of the 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 26th, 2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 743758)
As an aside I am playing the castlevania gameboy advance games, just beat Harmony of Dissonance and started Auria of Sorrow. When I beat that I will play Circle of the Moon last cause it is my least favorite of the 3.

I want to play the ones with Soma because I'm so sick of this assholes on Castlevania HoD thinking they're superior to my Jonathan Morris.

Dimnos Sep 27th, 2011 12:11 AM

Khal... quit paying for that shit and come play some dominion.

kahljorn Sep 27th, 2011 01:25 AM

:(

i kinda hate lol to be honest

fucking only person on my team with kills/positive and i have to deal with people shit talking me ;/

Zomboid Sep 27th, 2011 10:54 PM

Has anyone talked about the last Fallout DLC yet? It wasn't bad, but Old World Blues was by far the best out of all of them; in fact, OWB was about as good as Point Lookout, for me.

That "Courier's Mile" portion of this last one, though...Holy fuck, were those enemies damage sponges. You'd think that I could go in, at level 47, and kill a few guys without needing to use the unique gauss rifle from across the fucking map, in sneak mode.

Dr. Boogie Sep 28th, 2011 02:05 AM

Started playing Dead Island. I went with the throwing guy because I though throwing weapons would be a bigger boon than the other skills on account of you can throw anything. So far, though, I'm finding that the best strategy is to kick enemies to the ground, then stab them in the face until they die. Kinda makes throwing seem inefficient when you can easily knock enemies down and hit them for bonus damage.

On the other hand, his rage skill makes it easy to wipe out hordes of zombies at once.

Pentegarn Sep 28th, 2011 06:47 AM

I bet as the zombies get more advanced the throwing skill will pay off

OxBlood Sep 28th, 2011 08:31 AM

Logan´s throwing is aparently about the most powerful thing in the game. You can skill it to do splash-damage, I think that´s the key or something, haven´t played him yet.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 28th, 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 744235)
Started playing Dead Island. I went with the throwing guy because I though throwing weapons would be a bigger boon than the other skills on account of you can throw anything. So far, though, I'm finding that the best strategy is to kick enemies to the ground, then stab them in the face until they die. Kinda makes throwing seem inefficient when you can easily knock enemies down and hit them for bonus damage.

On the other hand, his rage skill makes it easy to wipe out hordes of zombies at once.

Sam B is where its at. Also just kicking people is the best skill in the game.

kahljorn Sep 28th, 2011 03:41 PM

i love just running at fools and jump karate kicking them and then their heads explode and they die :(

man i need to play this game again :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 28th, 2011 04:03 PM

I was on for a good amount of time playing last night. :(

Emu Sep 29th, 2011 03:57 PM

Right now I'm playing Space Harrier in the Sega Ages pack for Saturn in between sessions of Breath of Fire 3. Modern gaming bores the piss out of me lately :(

LordSappington Sep 30th, 2011 03:31 AM

I can't think of Dead Island without thinking of that Fist of the Dead Star.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 744650)
Right now I'm playing Space Harrier in the Sega Ages pack for Saturn in between sessions of Breath of Fire 3. Modern gaming bores the piss out of me lately :(

I still need my stupid goo titan sword >:

Played about 4 hours of the Battlefield 3 beta last night. Really like it, just have to get used to the class adjustments. Like the assault drops med packs now. The support throws ammo packs and revives.

The biggest change I really didn't like is how with recon you have to hold your breath with the Left analog stick to steady yourself.

darkvare Sep 30th, 2011 11:23 AM

the retro lancer is here controller added for size comparaison
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 03:16 PM

They finally released NHL jerseys for XBOX avatars. <3

darkvare Sep 30th, 2011 03:18 PM

is there a jersey from the mighty ducks of anaheim?

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2011 05:03 PM

I think they're just the the regular Anaheim Ducks logo. They dropped the Mighty off it.

OxBlood Oct 1st, 2011 06:36 AM

I played some Binding of Isaac (Steam) last night. This is one weird game but it´s still pretty good. Kind of a mix of Zelda and a Roguelike. Hard but fun. Sadly there´s no way to reconfigure the controls yet...as a Leftie, I don´t like that.

I also got Soul Calibur 4 the other day since it was cheap and I have been challenged to a fight in that game...so yeah. It´s really strange coming back to a series if you only know the first installment (Soul Blade back in the PS1-Days)...I have no idea where all these people came from and why Lee Long has been replaced with Maxi or whatever the name of the nunchuck-wielder is...at least Mitsurugi and Cervantes are still there...

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2011 11:08 PM

Playing Metal Gear Online after what I think was a 2+ year hiatus. I wonder if my stuff is still there.

Shyandquietguy Oct 2nd, 2011 10:31 PM

I just played Mount and Blade for five hours straight. I'm getting killer with the bow and my highest consecutive difficultly shots have been 6.0. All time 8.1.

k0k0 Oct 2nd, 2011 10:41 PM

Mount and Blade Warband was so much better than Fire and Sword for me. It pissed me off that you couldn't start your own country in Fire and Sword. Anyways, after playing the right way for 90 hours, I maxed out my character with a hex editor and just went rambo on everyone's asses. Not that you need it once you fully level up a whole army, but the goods prices were way too much to feed all those bastards.

Dimnos Oct 3rd, 2011 10:45 PM

Picked up a cheap used copy of alpha protocol. Its a cool game. I dont know what all you bitches were crying about glitches for. Aside from the mass effect thing where it almost always takes a few seconds to load the detail on all the weapons, armor, walls, and such, I haven't seen any. It runs just fine. In fact, probably better than mass effect because it has yet to even lock up on me. Even the story isn't total crap and the conversation system is rather neat.

Different strokes I guess. :\

Dr. Boogie Oct 4th, 2011 12:53 AM

I thought it was a decent game. It was interesting to see how your choices early on would affect things further down the road, and using the intelligence market mechanic to bend the levels to your advantage was neat. It just needed a bit more work with balancing, what with the pistol being the ultimate weapon and everything else being reserved mainly for knobbing around.

Zhukov Oct 4th, 2011 08:15 AM

Started playing Starcraft II since my internet is now fast enough to play online again. I was never amazing, but I was proud of the rank I earned - a few months hiatus means I am now shit compared to the children that I play against.

Tacobot Oct 5th, 2011 07:29 AM

Dark Souls. The open world seems pretty cool so far, i was worried it all look kinda the same but in the six hours i'v played i think they change up the environments quite a bit.
but in a game where a lot of the fun is the exploration i wont spoil any locales i'v seen here.

I also like the some of the other changes they've made so far. Like using estus flask to heal yourself and how you can only refill the flask at the bonfires, but when you use the bonfire it respawns all the enemies in the world. so you have to make from one bonfire to the next with limited healing items. unlike the first one where you could just carry a butt-ton of herbs and just constantly heal yourself, now you have to worry about every little bit of damage you take.

LordSappington Oct 5th, 2011 01:26 PM

I think I'm on the very last bit of Deus Ex, and of course I ran out of goddamn fucking virus programs.

executioneer Oct 5th, 2011 02:31 PM

i'm a lot earlier on in deus ex, but i had loads of fun knocking out cops and stuffing them into ventilation ducts just a bit ago

also i don't see how running out of virus progs is even possible, i have so many of them already

must be a lot of tough hacking later on

k0k0 Oct 5th, 2011 02:43 PM

Hacking does get kind of tough later in the game. I found my dude, even specced as full hacker, failed a couple later ones. And a lot of them that I didn't fail I had to use programs to get past.

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2011 03:01 PM

DARK SOULS. PLAYING AS DEPRIVED. KILLED LOTS OF BOSSES AND NOT SO BOSSES. LEVEL 27. 11 HOURS IN.

DIED A BAJILLION TIMES.

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

OxBlood Oct 5th, 2011 07:04 PM

Yup, Dark Souls is awesome. 5hrs into the game, haven´t seen any real Bosses yet (Tutorialboss and Taurus don´t count), making my way up the belltower to Boss I. Oh and I´m playing as a Warrior. The Drakesword is a real blessing, I tell you.

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2011 07:19 PM

I missed out on the Drake Sword, coz I just killed the damn thing with 300 arrows.

OxBlood Oct 6th, 2011 03:22 AM

Ow...not good :D. Still, did it drop anything? Special Souls, Cheese-grinder of the ages or something?

Fathom Zero Oct 6th, 2011 05:53 AM

A few thousand regular souls. :( And I used the thing that upgrades your estus flask by mistake. It gives you five humanity, though, so I made sure to use it to upgrade some important bonfires. If I wasn't going to heal for more, I was going to make sure I had more of the damn things.

I'm level 47 now and the latest areas I've unlocked are the one with the ghosts that you can conveniently travel to with the elevator under the initial bonfire and the other is the poisonous town underground, which seems like they recycled a lot from Demon's Souls, but made everything way deadlier. I found both entrances to it - one of them is fairly straightforward in that you unlock the entrance after you beat the boss of the Depths (fucking sewer bugeye things). I actually found the other entrance by just exploring, and you can get to it from the cool Valley of the Drakes. I killed the poisonous dragon and got what he dropped, though - a dragon scale to upgrade the weapon I didn't have. >: Oh well. There's always NEW GAME +.

Nick Oct 6th, 2011 06:26 AM

I'm playing RAGE, it's pretty awesome. id did a great job on it.

Mad Melvin Oct 6th, 2011 01:14 PM

Fallout: New Vegas. Finally got all the DLC's. Finished Honest Hearts. Didn't like it. The Burning Man is a mysterious and eerie character in the main game, and Honest Hearts removed the mystery almost immediately. No build up or nothing. I do not approve of this. When talking about Fallout DLC's, it wasn't as bad as Operation Anchorage or Mothership Zeta, but it was still pretty lame.

Next up, Dead Money.

k0k0 Oct 6th, 2011 01:30 PM

So it's kinda like the story me and my friend's had about 'the dead man', a scary being that sneaks into your house and fucks with you. Then during a sleepover one of the 4 of us wets the bed. Everyone denies doing it, so they blamed it on the dead man. Why the hell would the dead man wet the bed? It turns out it was just one of my asshole friends <--- possibly me, I don't remember.

I guess that's nothing like the burning man, but I just remembered that in my head. Back to video games!