I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hell Boy (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10087)

KevinTheOmnivore Mar 14th, 2004 04:58 PM

Hell Boy

Sorry if this thread exists already.

I'm going to see a special screening of this tonight. I'll pass on the good word later.....

KevinTheOmnivore Mar 15th, 2004 02:05 AM

Okay, nevermind, I didn't get in. Fucking place was swarmed. But I did have brief encounters with Ron Pearlman (sp?) and Kevin Smith. I also got interviewed by some stupid "National Lampoons" thing. Anyway, they gave me some pass to see another early screening like a week from now in Austin, hopefully I'll see it. :(

huond Mar 15th, 2004 12:47 PM

Ron Pearlmans in Austin?? :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Snatchtastic Mar 15th, 2004 02:40 PM

Hellboy is going to be a fun movie to watch. I'm especially stoked because Phil Tippet the master puppeteer did alot of the CGI and creature effects for this movie. And he was the same guy who worked on Return of the Jedi.

ArrowX Mar 15th, 2004 11:10 PM

ahh crap!

Does that mean that hell boys gonna team up with the E'woks and start killing AT-AT's and Storm troopers?

Sam Mar 15th, 2004 11:25 PM

Re: .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snatchtastic
Hellboy is going to be a fun movie to watch. I'm especially stoked because Phil Tippet the master puppeteer did alot of the CGI and creature effects for this movie. And he was the same guy who worked on Return of the Jedi.

Great, now all the nerds can get their comic book and Star Wars fix all in one shot. :rolleyes

punkgrrrlie10 Mar 16th, 2004 12:32 AM

I just don't see it as being very good. It looks like a mix between league of extra ordinary gayness and xmen to me.

Supafly345 Mar 16th, 2004 09:08 AM

Have a closer look.

Snatchtastic Mar 16th, 2004 12:33 PM

I'm just glad we wont have a movie completly engulfed in CGI, its the rubber suits and silly putty chins that make a REAL movie :eek

Buffalo Tom Mar 16th, 2004 01:10 PM

Hellboy Review

I predict this will be the best, and most faithful, comic book adaptation thus far. Del Toro is a fan of the book, and he worked closely with Mike Mignola to integrate many elements from the 'Seeds of Destruction' and 'Wake the Devil' story arcs.

ArrowX Mar 16th, 2004 05:41 PM

On a forum somewhere someone posted a link to a site that says hellboys real and stuff I can't remember if it was her or somewhere else

pjalne Mar 17th, 2004 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
I just don't see it as being very good. It looks like a mix between league of extra ordinary gayness and xmen to me.

My first reaction to the trailer was pretty much the same (except MiB instead of League of Extraoridnary Gentlemen), but all that means is that that is the kind of movie the studio wants to sell. It doesn't necessarily mean that's what the movie's like.

Krythor Mar 17th, 2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX
On a forum somewhere someone posted a link to a site that says hellboys real and stuff I can't remember if it was her or somewhere else

what?

davinxtk Mar 17th, 2004 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Tom
I predict this will be the best, and most faithful, comic book adaptation thus far.

Failure.
Rated PG-13.
You can't stay faithful to that comic and maintain a PG-13 audience. Sorry.

punkgrrrlie10 Mar 18th, 2004 12:27 AM

awww, it's a platymapus.... :)

Buffalo Tom Mar 18th, 2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davinxtk
Failure.
Rated PG-13.
You can't stay faithful to that comic and maintain a PG-13 audience. Sorry.

Thanks for saving me the sawbuck I would have spent to watch this movie, o Oracle of Delphi.

Even Mike Mignola swears by it. I stick by my original assertion.

Dr. V Mar 19th, 2004 05:16 AM

I've never read the comic, but I went to the website cuz I didn't know what it was. The story's pretty unique. I like that the creator uses actuall historic figures. But as for the movie, who knows?

Rongi Apr 21st, 2004 11:00 PM

I saw it tonight. I liked it, but certain characters ( Abe ) seemed undeveloped and the story had a rushed feeling.

ProfessorCool Apr 21st, 2004 11:12 PM

When you voiced by David Hyde Peirce your always going to come off underdeveloped.

I hope when you saw kevin smith, you punched him in his adam's apple.

ninja wolf Sep 21st, 2004 09:05 PM

I have a few things to say 1. I [b]loved loeg 2. I may not of read the comics but the movie rocks 3. Sabastion is the best villain ever!!!!!!!![/quote]

EisigerBiskuit Sep 21st, 2004 09:26 PM

that's interesting

DeadKennedys Sep 21st, 2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX

Remember that site with the guy and he says something and she says NO! and I don't remember wher eit was but it was pretty funny am I right guys

Crying Baby Jesus Sep 21st, 2004 10:11 PM

coulda posted that a wee bit sooner don't you think?

DeadKennedys Sep 21st, 2004 10:14 PM

Fat children should be seen and not heard.

*ahem*

ninja wolf Sep 22nd, 2004 07:41 PM

I can't believe I brought this thread back from the dead . Now its like Jesus :obey