I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HALFLIFE 2 OMFG (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14980)

MetalMilitia Nov 11th, 2004 05:01 PM

HALFLIFE 2 OMFG

4 days to go guys! Hope you all have your game preordered.
Its gonna kick so much ass.
This thread is now about how much hickman and co hate HL.

Anonymous Nov 11th, 2004 05:17 PM

Yeah, because I definitely follow hickman to battle. Hickman. That guy. HICKMAN.

MetalMilitia Nov 11th, 2004 06:29 PM

News just in: Some people have been able to purchase copies of HL2 early, from retailers not sticking to the release date.
However valve are too smart for their own good and have the game locked via steam so it is not playable untill the official release date.

Anonymous Nov 11th, 2004 06:42 PM

Unless they want to do single player.

MetalMilitia Nov 11th, 2004 06:46 PM

Nope whole game is locked. Connecting to steam and activateing the game is party of the installation procedure, hence the whole fuss about the game needing an internet connection even if you just want to play single player. It only needs to connect once tough, not every time you want to play.

the_dudefather Nov 11th, 2004 07:29 PM

apperently you can do it offline too by ringing a number, not sure tho.

HALF LIFE 2 OMG OMG OM
less than 3 days

i wonder if the pirates have been trying to find a way around steam, to play it, as its inevitble that a copy has been leaked, but they cant play it.

MetalMilitia Nov 11th, 2004 07:34 PM

yea i would not be suprised if there is a playable copy available on P2P by sunday. But at 4ish GB it would take until tuesday for me to DL it anyway.
Anyway omg HL2 :rave :rave :rave :rave

AChimp Nov 11th, 2004 07:35 PM

Hopefully Valve will also be keeping track of all the valid serial numbers that they have issued. Nothing stops faggots and cheaters like making them pay for the game. >:

the_dudefather Nov 11th, 2004 07:38 PM

or the people who have become 'valve h@tors' who are all like
"omg, i so hate valve, they suck so much i will pirate their game which i claim to hate" :lol

Perndog Nov 11th, 2004 08:49 PM

Someone post the system specs so I don't have to look them up.

Might be an upgrade on the horizon...

Helm Nov 11th, 2004 08:51 PM

I never thought of that Achimp. Good idea.

I've preloaded and am waiting.

ArrowX Nov 12th, 2004 03:07 AM

I'm curious at why STEAM is still around? out of the thirty some people I know with half life only ONE likes steam because the WON ststem was too Complicated for him to use. ITs baffling why Valve is entrusting Steam with such an important task. I bet steam will just re-direct you to fielplanet so you can wait 3 or 4 days untill you download starts.

the_dudefather Nov 12th, 2004 06:12 AM

i saw pics of the box and contents yesterday as a store sold him his copy of HL2 Early by accident, of course he couldnt play it because of the online authorisation but he could marvel at the box and such (untill the manager of the store called and pleaded with him to bring it back and offered a 50% discount when it came out)
:lol

EisigerBiskuit Nov 12th, 2004 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX
I'm curious at why STEAM is still around? out of the thirty some people I know with half life only ONE likes steam because the WON ststem was too Complicated for him to use. ITs baffling why Valve is entrusting Steam with such an important task. I bet steam will just re-direct you to fielplanet so you can wait 3 or 4 days untill you download starts.

That many people are grass-teethingly retarded?

ArrowX Nov 12th, 2004 11:16 AM

I don't know why it sucks, the technologys there and done right but it never works properly, I try and sign in but somone else is already using my key so It tells me to fuck off. I like the way its supposed to work and all but it refuses to work properly when I'm on Half-Life.

I wanna fuck around with the welding gun, I'm gonna weld steel barrels onto the dune buggy and run shit over. :)

Helm Nov 12th, 2004 11:21 AM

Steam works fine. And there's no 'welding gun'. Are you retarded?

AChimp Nov 12th, 2004 11:29 AM

Steam = made by Valve. :lol

WON was crap. Steam is great. One account, one serial number. Don't spread your account around and no one can use your key.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 12th, 2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helm
Steam works fine. And there's no 'welding gun'. Are you retarded?

*slap*

I sauldered those to the wall. I still wish I had the picture of the barrel knight, with his wooden sword!

MetalMilitia Nov 12th, 2004 12:49 PM

:shocked and appauled

Stop playing the beta.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 12th, 2004 12:57 PM

Meh, this was like 6 months ago. That POS is deleted.

MetalMilitia Nov 12th, 2004 01:00 PM

same here, the novelty of e3_techdemo2 wore off after a few days.

Mad Melvin Nov 12th, 2004 01:13 PM

I have nothing usefull to say but im drunk so i use this oportunity to boost my postcount.

HickMan Nov 12th, 2004 01:48 PM

Did I ever say I hated Half-Life? NO. I think it's a great game. I know that HL2 will be far superiour to Halo2, but I still like Halo's feel a lot more then Half Life's. So this thread is completly pointless MetalMilitia. You are a fucking douchebag who does not do his homework. Look at threads where Rongi needed help in Half-Life. You are just a failed at a stupid joke. Cunt.

the_dudefather Nov 12th, 2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan
I know that HL2 will be far superiour to Halo2

OMG!

anyways, i also have thebeta and its quite fun for mucking around. arrowx, you can get the 'welding' gun in any level, i forget the console command tho , but you can enjoy the fun of welding 20 barrels and a bouy to the buggy :)

MetalMilitia Nov 12th, 2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan
Did I ever say I hated Half-Life? NO. I think it's a great game. I know that HL2 will be far superiour to Halo2, but I still like Halo's feel a lot more then Half Life's. So this thread is completly pointless MetalMilitia. You are a fucking douchebag who does not do his homework. Look at threads where Rongi needed help in Half-Life. You are just a failed at a stupid joke. Cunt.

Pfffff, YOu where all like 'Dude i hate HL so much'...'Its totally gay compared to halo'... Aaannnyway the purpose of this thread was to tell everyone HL2 is almost out.

3 days 2 hours to go