I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The War on Kids (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703816)

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 08:48 PM

The War on Kids

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 662592)
Just watched The War on Kids. I is sad. :(

Warning, their gay ass thinks your browser window is NOT the correct size. :rolleyes

http://www.thewaronkids.com/

I grew up in an inner-city school and nothing was like that for me. Maybe I'm just different maybe it's just because I'm white. Maybe my school was too poor to hire more security officers. But it's getting worse. The kids are getting worse. There were so many fights by the end of my Senior year, it was unbelievable. And you're told not to fight back or else you'll be suspended. I'd rather be suspended than have a brother or some honkey bitch take my teeth. I got suspended for waving my diploma, (we get it before school's out.) I had to take my final tests after school let out for the Summer. And believe me, I fought the thing. I went to the super-intendant of the public schools. I had video and photo evidence.

It never bothered me because I didn't let it and I refuse to believe that I am somehow special. Maybe I have a superiority complex. So what? Administrators want less responsibility. That's how it always is. People want to streamline their lives and make them as easy as possible, and if that means finding someone else to blame, they'll do it. It was my Principal's last year there, too, before he retired. He checked out wayyyyy before graduation. Fuck him.

Is it a new phenomenon? Of course. It started just a couple years ago, while I was already in High School. And I'm probably not the best judge for whom is getting suspended in elementary schools today, but damn. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kid(s), if I ever have one.

But I also blame the kids. Each generation is dumber and more ignorant. Parents are teaching less and less to their kids. I don't know whose fault that is, though.

tl;dr

Tadao Dec 17th, 2009 08:56 PM

IDK, what can you do about it? It's like one guy said at the end of the film, we adopted a set of rules for teaching kids in school and believe it is the best possible way in the whole world to teach kids.

How would someone even begin to fix the system with all that's in the way now. Home schooling is great, but your kids will then lack in social skills and street survival lessons. :(

The Leader Dec 17th, 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 663589)
But I also blame the kids. Each generation is dumber and more ignorant. Parents are teaching less and less to their kids. I don't know whose fault that is, though.

tl;dr

It seems like it's about the same as it has always been. There are just different fads.

Tadao Dec 17th, 2009 09:11 PM

I wouldn't call drive by shootings a fad.

The Leader Dec 17th, 2009 09:15 PM

:lol

There have been drive by shootings for over 70 years.>:

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 663592)
IDK, what can you do about it? It's like one guy said at the end of the film, we adopted a set of rules for teaching kids in school and believe it is the best possible way in the whole world to teach kids.

Well, now that gets into my thought that no one can change anything no matter what, humanity's gonna be their own end, :philosophicalmasturbation, et cetera. Smart people are always gonna be outnumbered. I don't know what I can do about it. I don't know how to change things. But I know it's wrong. :howardbeale But I know things have to change, or else America's just gonna continue to spiral into fucking oblivion.

Part of me says "fuck it" and leave every person to be out for themselves. But this disgustingly human-sympathizer part of me is just so fucking angry and sad about all of the wrong things in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 663592)
Home schooling is great, but your kids will then lack in social skills and street survival lessons. :(

I don't believe that. Not for a minute. I was a goddamn recluse until my Junior year in high school. I had one friend. A parent can make his or her kid go outside or take them to the playground and tell them to leave the house and not come back for a few hours. Not all homeschoolers and unschoolers are coddling bitches. I know a few kids that were homeschooled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader
It seems like it's about the same as it has always been. There are just different fads.

I haven't lived for an entire century, so I don't know how all the trends have been treated. I don't have a frame of reference and know that only the people that make the media can tell the story. But I gotta believe it, man. I just gotta. I don't want to think about the world just cycling through its incompetence.

Tadao Dec 17th, 2009 09:23 PM

Wait till you think about the war on adults.

It's all for a reason, sit down, do your work, and shut the fuck up.

The Leader Dec 17th, 2009 09:25 PM

It's the man, man.

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2009 10:27 PM

:(

It's a war on everybody man, this sick soh-sy-oh-tee.

executioneer Dec 18th, 2009 12:03 AM

man i hope we win the war on kids, that'd be embarassing to lose a war to kids

kahljorn Dec 18th, 2009 02:47 AM

lol

i kind of liked being suspended other than my parents usually being jerks ;/

Blasted Child Dec 18th, 2009 06:10 AM

By home schooling, do you mean hiring a private teacher, or is a parent supposed to do the teaching?

Fathom Zero Dec 18th, 2009 06:11 AM

Either or.

VaporTrailx1 Dec 18th, 2009 01:59 PM

One Word : Eugenics. Kahn shall be in charge.

Ant10708 Dec 18th, 2009 07:34 PM

Theres some school in the midwest that copied their format from the most successful education programns around the world. People like move all over the country to get their kid in and like all the kids have tons of ap classes in the beginning of hs and they all seem very motivated. i can't fucking remember any specfics about the name or place of the school :(

VaporTrailx1 Dec 19th, 2009 01:25 AM

all i know is the American education system is shit.

Evil Robot Dec 19th, 2009 04:06 AM

I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to go to one of the best college preparatory schools in the northeast. :(

Tadao Dec 19th, 2009 04:08 AM

Newark?

Evil Robot Dec 19th, 2009 04:11 AM

Pawling

Chojin Dec 19th, 2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 663589)
Is it a new phenomenon? Of course. It started just a couple years ago, while I was already in High School. And I'm probably not the best judge for whom is getting suspended in elementary schools today, but damn. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kid(s), if I ever have one.

lol, it's not a new phenomenon.

MattJack Dec 20th, 2009 12:09 AM

I feel like I just read a transcript from Scrubs.

kahljorn Dec 20th, 2009 12:24 AM

who would listen to that fucker anyway his hat is basically a line

Zhukov Dec 20th, 2009 05:53 AM

So I hear Pepsi are sponsoring schools now.

Evil Robot Dec 20th, 2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 664248)
So I hear Pepsi are sponsoring schools now.

Pepsi has been giving things to schools for years now.

Tadao Dec 21st, 2009 02:05 PM

like diabetes