I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2011 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707904)

Babs Dec 8th, 2011 09:56 PM

HOLY MOLARS! MY SECRET SANTA GIFT CAME TODAY! Taking pictures in the morning!

p.s. I sent my SS gift yesterday. Should arrive in a couple of days.

Tacobot Dec 8th, 2011 10:17 PM

Glad you liked your gifts Pharmasweaves.

I had never seen those cards before and from one pic i found online they
look pretty cool.
the stocking itself is priceless, i needed something to put the candy in
and was feeling creative so i slapped it together with my mad sewing skills.
priceless that's synonymous with worthless right?

as for the r/c Mario cart i was thinking Toad is the best right? it was him
or Peach and i didn't want you to think i was fucking with you by sending you
peach even though that's the one i wanted.

the knife thing i figured would be good practice for if you ever go to
jail, you'll be able to build the nicest shank on your cell block.

and the scribble on the tmnt book is from Kevin Eastman.

Pharmasweaves Dec 8th, 2011 11:23 PM

well i absolutely loved the whole thing taco, either one probably woulda been aight, i always play as either princess peach or toad when i play mario cart anyway. and as for saying both girlfriend and wife in my post, im still relatively a newlywed so im still getting used to saying wife haha

the sewed stocking was awesome i can use it for christmas to get more candy from the wife hehe

also i was sorta guessing the signature was from eastman, did you get it signed personally cuz then i kinda feel bad for taking it from ya

Tacobot Dec 8th, 2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves (Post 751843)
did you get it signed personally cuz then i kinda feel bad for taking it from ya

Yea i had him sign two at the San Diego Comic Con earlier this year, so don't worry about me. glad you like it.

dextire Dec 9th, 2011 12:28 AM

Really awesome gifts so far people! :xmas1

Mockery Dec 9th, 2011 12:39 AM

Wow... you guys are seriously going above and beyond the call of Secret Santa duty! You've pretty much ruined Christmas for your recipients, because there's no way the gifts that Santa brings 'em later this month will compare to what you sent. o.O

replicant Dec 9th, 2011 12:42 AM

Hey Paul aka Harry Lime. :)
I am so glad you enjoyed your SS haul. :D
I loved putting it together. I hope you enjoy it all. :)
Don't you love that stress ball? I am totally going to get myself one. :D
Cheers!

I would have posted a picture of my SS haul sooner but last night we got some crazy ass storm that knocked the power out while I was setting up my shot. But ... perhaps... it was divine intervention because while I got 2 packages yesterday... surprise I got a 3rd today. :)

So, I know my picture isn't as elaborate but it's simple, telling, and thank you Nick for my prezzies. :D SO COOL! :D

dextire Dec 9th, 2011 01:09 AM

I got my SS package from Stonewar! Unfortunately I'm stuck with a nasty cold at the moment, so I'll spare you all my disease-ridden face and stick with the amazing swag.

First up is a Cool Gear chiller cup filled to the brim with what I believe is every kind of Hershey's Kisses ever made.
Candy Cane, Mint Truffle, Cherry filled and more, and all very tasty.

Stonewar explained in the very nice card that "Dorothy Lynch" salad dressing is the closest thing to an "exotic" drink in the mid-west. Well I've never heard of it, so it's exotic to me.
And it's good stuff too, and will make a fine marinade for my chicken quesadillas.

Next up, socks! And not just any cheap socks. These are "Cushioned Cotton Thermal" socks made by Stanley that are guaranteed to stay socks (for a year).
I'm not sure what they turn into after a year, maybe a power tool or something.

And finally, two movies! Let me just say that Stonewar knows my taste in films. Though I've never seen the remake of The Hitcher, it definitely looks right up my alley.
And while I've seen The Producers many, many times, I've never actually owned it.

Thanks Stonewar! This stuff is awesome!
Merry Christmas, everyone! :xmas3

Pentegarn Dec 9th, 2011 08:39 AM

You get the non musical version of The Producers which is the best one to get

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 9th, 2011 11:09 AM

My recipient should be getting their parcel today according to the lady at the post office who mailed it out for me (I tried checking the tracking number, but apparently they're useless if things are leaving the country. All it told me was that the parcel left my country on the 6th of December... WTH?)

Thanos Dec 9th, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Punk_Hippie (Post 751889)
My recipient should be getting their parcel today according to the lady at the post office who mailed it out for me (I tried checking the tracking number, but apparently they're useless if things are leaving the country. All it told me was that the parcel left my country on the 6th of December... WTH?)

The majority of all items shipped to international recipients are unable to be tracked beyond our own border. Most foreign postal carriers can not transmit data to the American USPS computer tracking systems because they operate on totally different processing platforms. Much less, they don't have permitted access to the USPS computer system itself. The exception are secured / express packages that cost a fortune to ship. These special packages are usually shipped through a means that has the USPS involved nearly every step of the way - at least in some small capacity. Hence, they have the ability to provide tracking information. This is the reason for the increased cost, though.

LordSappington Dec 9th, 2011 11:58 AM

Oh yeah; my gift is on its way to its mystery recipient! I hope he likes it :E

blood_panther Dec 9th, 2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 751891)
The majority of all items shipped to international recipients are unable to be tracked beyond our own border. Most foreign postal carriers can not transmit data to the American USPS computer tracking systems because they operate on totally different processing platforms. Much less, they don't have permitted access to the USPS computer system itself. The exception are secured / express packages that cost a fortune to ship. These special packages are usually shipped through a means that has the USPS involved nearly every step of the way - at least in some small capacity. Hence, they have the ability to provide tracking information. This is the reason for the increased cost, though.

That said they should update and tell you when they get delivered. or if there's a problem. at least that's what canada post does.

Thanos Dec 9th, 2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 751905)
That said they should update and tell you when they get delivered. or if there's a problem. at least that's what canada post does.

Again, there's no way to report information on tracking or delivery status - even if they wanted to. Short of secured / express mail, that's just the risk of sending things internationally. Admittedly, the risk is small, though. I've never had an issue with a package sent to an international recipient not arriving. I guess this is just one area where Canada has the USA beat.

stonewar Dec 9th, 2011 03:44 PM

After eating all the candy out of last years secret santa and then having to scramble for more at last minute to replace it. I decided this year to buy the candy for me and then share a little with my then unknown recipient. Everytime I bought a bag of Kisses since Thanksgiving a handfull was set aside.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 9th, 2011 03:59 PM

401k chocolate.

dextire Dec 9th, 2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 751872)
You get the non musical version of The Producers which is the best one to get

Agreed. But at least this one made the most sense of the Brooks films to turn into a musical.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewar (Post 751925)
... Everytime I bought a bag of Kisses since Thanksgiving a handfull was set aside.

Ah, I was wondering about that as I've never seen a Kisses variety pack. Much less one that had so many different kinds. :xmas1

Nice haul, Replicant. And you have one hell of an awesome display shelf. :love

Dimnos Dec 9th, 2011 09:25 PM

I just received a shipment of Christmas awesome from Dextire. Short response: Holy Shit! :eek

Suddenly my gifts to him last year seam like crap. :lol Pics to come.

Nick Dec 9th, 2011 10:27 PM

I hoped you enjoy the gifts, Replicant. I tried to find get you something you'd like according to the interests you posted. Merry Christmas!

dextire Dec 10th, 2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 751967)
...Suddenly my gifts to him last year seam like crap. :lol

Oh come on, Godzilla movies could never be considered anything less than awesome. :xmas1
Glad the package made it in (hopefully) one piece though. I was starting to get worried, as the tracking number was still stuck on the 6th until about an hour ago. :lol

replicant Dec 10th, 2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 751973)
I hoped you enjoy the gifts, Replicant. I tried to find get you something you'd like according to the interests you posted. Merry Christmas!

I did, Nick! Thanks! I am proudly sporting the buttons. Started reading the book today. hehe

:rock

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 10th, 2011 10:53 AM

I got my secret santa package today but I have to get a haircut first, then open it up after.

Ex Leper Dec 10th, 2011 10:55 AM

I hope your gift is worth all the stress you have been through.

stonewar Dec 10th, 2011 01:05 PM

I discovered a packaged jammed in my mailbox from Pharmaweaves.

Looks interesting. I try it after I finish my current book.
Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas, Pharma

(did I do it first try?)

EDIT: WOO HOO. I did. I have conquered posting photos finally!

Ex Leper Dec 10th, 2011 03:48 PM

Today after work I received my package from The Punk Hippie
+ Jay & Silent Bob: Talking Jay Figure (Circa 1998): Includes a dog with a giant penis
+ 3 Ren & Stimpy Buttons: Perfect since I'm attempting to fill a bulletin board with them
+ Custom Pee-wee's Playhouse Magnets: Very cute and well drawn.

Not Shown
+ Box of Smarties (Canadian M&MS)
+ 4 rolls of Rockets (Canadian Smarties)

Thank your for your great gift choices.