I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Show off Your Toys Part Deux (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708867)

Ex Leper Nov 25th, 2012 07:58 PM

Show off Your Toys Part Deux

There use to be a thread for this a while back but ROG gave me the go ahead to start a new one because it's old and forgotten.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 26th, 2012 02:05 AM

Came in the mail on Saturday (Link, not the chickens). Came with a yelling face and a neat sword effect piece and one of those clear stands that Japanese toys come with to do cool action poses because Japanese kids have all the toys I always wanted growing up :(

Spoilers!

Nick Nov 27th, 2012 09:32 PM

Holy shit! You guys have the best toys. Where'd you pick up that Link?

darkvare Nov 27th, 2012 10:28 PM

i think their are figmas fro japan i have 2 revoltech rei ayanamis and waiting for the newest model to get in the mail

Phoenix Gamma Nov 28th, 2012 01:49 AM

Yea, the Link's a figma. Real expensive cause you gotta import that shit from Japan. Same with Michael Jackson. I got the Samus Figma during the summer but I actually don't have any photos of her for some reason. It's fucking gorgeous.

Imma post a shitload of random photos because I feel the need to validate the hundreds of plastic rocks collecting dust in my bedroom.
Spoilers!

Also, bigtimecow gave me this for Christmas last year:

I feel bad because I gave him a graphic design book he wanted but I don't think he read it :lol

Nick Nov 28th, 2012 03:13 PM

Everyone's a private in the gay empire.

Mockery Nov 28th, 2012 05:36 PM

Will post some toys later when I have a chance, but here's one of my favorite ones from recent years that you've probably already seen in my Halloween candy review:

A Sideshow Collectibles "Sam" from the Trick 'R Treat horror anthology.

You can take the mask off, but I always preferred him with the burlap sack on. Was real lucky to pick him up when he was still cheap.

Ex Leper Nov 28th, 2012 05:38 PM

I have tons of other great toys I should be getting from a guy I trade with soon.

Zomboid Nov 28th, 2012 08:29 PM

I had that Candyman and a the suit-wearing Leatherface, but my chihuahua chewed up Candyman over the course of a few weeks and I recently put away almost all of my toys. I've got a replica of Longclaw, some nerdy collector's edition shit, and some nerdy framed pictures, so I guess I figured the toys were a bit much.

Ex Leper Nov 28th, 2012 08:30 PM

It's almost impossible to find an opened Candyman figure with his hook still attached.

Zomboid Nov 28th, 2012 08:36 PM

Yeah, that hook didn't last long at all. I picked up him and the Tall Man (with dwarf and gateway pole things) for really cheap like five years ago when this one store was going out of business. Those movie maniacs seemed to be more cheaply made as time went on; my Freddy Krueger and his stand are still fine, but both the stand and Candyman himself were really fragile and basically glued together.

Ex Leper Nov 28th, 2012 08:39 PM

Of all the ones that I just got, I'd say Leatherface is the best made. I think The Tall Man is a different company, not that it matters.

Nick Nov 28th, 2012 09:06 PM

The only thing I have is a few video game related figures and statues sitting on top of my bookshelf. Should I take a new picture of that?

darkvare Nov 29th, 2012 10:56 AM

i have tons of toys some i've saved from my childhood here's a recent picture i took of my gears of war toys
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...wR1v62uws-lbY_
you can also see nemesis, my tiny ed 209, george from halo reach, eva 00 prototype, cammy, ghost rider, neo, dorothy from mcfarlane, the creech and a bit of 47s shoulder

Mockery Nov 29th, 2012 03:12 PM

Nick - Yes, you should

darkvare - It says "access denied" when I try to visit that link. Try embedding the photos on the forum instead?

darkvare Nov 29th, 2012 05:22 PM

Mad Melvin Nov 30th, 2012 04:04 PM

I used to own that Quasimodo Ghostbusters figure, which is shown in the first post. It makes me sad. :( Toys used to be so cool. I remember when I used to go shopping with my mom and she left me at the toy shelves and I just stared at the toys and time seemed to disappear. Then my mom came to get me but I never wanted to leave that magical place. :(

Fuck you beer for making me be nostalgic.

BatmanJohnson Nov 30th, 2012 11:37 PM

I need to get a good picture, my favorite toy is my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime.

stevetothepast Dec 1st, 2012 05:27 PM

Link hitting the chickens made me laugh BIGTIME.

dextire Dec 1st, 2012 05:32 PM

These are awesome guys. Thanks for recreating the thread, Ex Leper. :xmas1

Mike Tobacco Dec 2nd, 2012 02:37 AM

I got this Barack Obama action figure as a gag gift back in '08 or early '09. I'd upload a picture of my own doing something presidential, but it's unopened and after watching Tales From The Hood this past Halloween, it's gonna stay that way.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 3rd, 2012 12:07 PM

If anyone wanted to order Link, he's back in stock online for god-knows-how-long. Just be prepared to pay a lot for shipping:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...-4446&page=top

Also, I REALLY want this:
http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...ctID=259520100
But I need to stop spending so I can buy for friends/family. Goddammit.

Nick Dec 3rd, 2012 11:59 PM

That figma is super neat, and I'd love to buy it, but it's not work $50 plus shipping for me.

Ex Leper Dec 4th, 2012 12:02 AM

I'm going to wait on the hoverboard till' they make one that works for real.

darkvare Dec 4th, 2012 01:08 AM

only 3 years to go

dextire Dec 12th, 2012 01:08 AM

I actually got a toy for my Birthday for the first time in like 15 years. It's a large Star Wars Darth Vader Transformer that has four different modes!
Spoilers!

Mad Melvin Dec 13th, 2012 05:33 AM

what

Mockery Dec 16th, 2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 764426)
I actually got a toy for my Birthday for the first time in like 15 years. It's a large Star Wars Darth Vader Transformer that has four different modes!

Ha, that's pretty great. I have one in storage where Darth transforms into the Death Star. Pretty ridiculous, but I tend to love ridiculous toys anyway.

obihahn Jan 17th, 2013 03:23 PM

As soon as I'm allowed to post links/pics, I'd love to share my collection with you guys here. It'll be a shitload of pics though, I hope that's okay? Think 30 pics... let me know if that is too much for y'all.

Mockery Jan 18th, 2013 04:02 PM

The more the better. I love seeing huge toy collections. Just make sure you embed the photos here in the forum rather than posting links to the photos.

obihahn Jan 19th, 2013 05:17 AM

Okay, cool. Thanks RoG!
Here goes:

These are some of the few figures I own still mint in package. Gotta love HOOK.

And here's some stuff that's not in glass cases (but on top of them):

And one more glass case:

And while not technically "toys", I also got these:

Plus some "MOTU" style buff 1995 Kenner STARWARS figures stashed away in boxes and a shitload of prequel toy stuff that I just don't really want to display any longer.
My roomie has 1:1 R2-D2, C-3PO and Yoda as well, plus more prop replicas, mostly STAR WARS. Maybe I can post some pics as well if anyone's interested.

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2013 09:05 AM

How much money have you spent on glass casing?

obihahn Jan 19th, 2013 09:21 AM

Not that much, actually.
Right now it's 6 IKEA Detolfs plus one larger size glass case that I've had for a couple years and bought cheap.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 19th, 2013 08:01 PM

Is that a Hot Toys Iron Man? I keep hemming and hawing on getting one every time a new suit gets announced, but it's never at a time when I can afford it :(

Nick Jan 19th, 2013 09:31 PM

Man, the one toy line I will always love is G.I. Joe. Anyone else like it?

darkvare Jan 19th, 2013 09:49 PM

i have some but they are from the sort of new era and they kinda suck, the bad thing is that some of the old ones i owned were thosse that had a rubber band holding them together and they just broke

obihahn Jan 20th, 2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 765625)
Is that a Hot Toys Iron Man?

Far from it, unfortunately. Hot Toys is the one brand I dare not start collecting as well. All the extra cost importing them makes them way too expensive...sucks, because they are the best 12" figures you can get.

My Iron Man is just a mostly static electronic 12" kiddie toy. :\

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2013 02:08 PM

Who is that hiding behind Robocop in the case with giant Jason?

obihahn Jan 20th, 2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 765634)
Who is that hiding behind Robocop in the case with giant Jason?

That's Dr. Evil in his space suit, McFarlane Toys "Moon Mission Dr. Evil":

Nick Jan 21st, 2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 765629)
i have some but they are from the sort of new era and they kinda suck, the bad thing is that some of the old ones i owned were thosse that had a rubber band holding them together and they just broke

Worst than the rubber band breaking was when their thumbs snapped off. :(

Phoenix Gamma May 11th, 2013 02:00 AM

zerothree May 11th, 2013 09:04 PM

That might just be the best figure display I've ever seen. I really want to get one of those Samus Figmas, but I can't find one for less than a crazily high price.

Phoenix Gamma May 12th, 2013 12:48 AM

Maybe it's my illustration background, but it took a good 30 minutes and about 15 photos to get that shot just right :\

Samus is going back up for preorder along with Link pretty soon (or maybe it already has? I dunno.)

I think I paid $35-40 for mine before shipping, but the yen was waaaaaay stronger at the time, so you'll probably get a better deal once it's rereleased.

obihahn Jun 13th, 2013 06:56 AM

Some new acquisitions:

Mockery Jun 13th, 2013 05:26 PM

Ha I just noticed 'em now, but did that Stripe come with those movie candies, or did you just buy some miniature ones to stick in with him? Either way, great stuff.

obihahn Jun 13th, 2013 06:06 PM

Stripe came with all those candy goodies (mhhh...ZING, Milk Balls and Chompers...), plus that sweet saw blade he is holding to fuck up Billy with.

I think I need more Gremlins. NECA has a bunch of awesome figures to choose from.

BillSPreston Nov 11th, 2013 07:45 PM

Some Great Toys Here

executioneer Nov 11th, 2013 08:21 PM

woah dude your posts are EXCELLENT *guitar riff*

Ex Leper May 16th, 2015 09:41 PM

Anyone get new stuff? I just got a Spider Gremlin, will take picks when its assembled.