I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My mom wants to see that new Adam Sandler movie... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700021)

Kitsa Jun 23rd, 2008 07:02 PM

My mom wants to see that new Adam Sandler movie...

...probably going to do that this week.

Anyone been? Any opinions?

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2008 07:05 PM

Haven't seen it. But that Chuck and Larry movie was better than I thought, so Sandler may be on the rise.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2008 07:22 PM

My friend works at a movie theater and he said it was amazing. I trust his judgement in comedies.

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 09:46 PM

i trust sandler, and apatow. i'm sure it won't suck

Esuohlim Jun 23rd, 2008 11:23 PM

It looks like shit to me but hey w/e

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 24th, 2008 01:19 AM

I've gotten better at detecting shit movies based on their ads. I'd stay the hell away from that one if possible.

executioneer Jun 24th, 2008 03:53 AM

yeah i'd say judging by the ads for this and the love guru that that particular generation of SNL alumnus has passed their expiration date

Lobo Tommy Jun 24th, 2008 11:06 AM

Sandler and Myers have both jumped the shark.

MetalMilitia Jun 24th, 2008 11:08 AM

Chuck and Larry was probably the most offensive thing I've ever seen - and I'm not even gay. The one before that, uhh, Click? That wasn't so bad but It was kind of long and not massively funny. I can't really say I've actually LIKED any of his films with the exceptions of The Wedding Singer and Airheads (though in Airheads he was only playing a minor role and I didn't particularly like his character).

So in conclusion it's safe to say it's going to be somewhere between "unmemorable" and "dreadful".

executioneer Jun 25th, 2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 563444)
Sandler and Myers have both jumped the shark.

yes that is what i said but i said it with my own words and not a retarded internet catchphrase >:

Tadao Jun 25th, 2008 10:06 AM

What the hell is jumping the shark? A Fonzie reference?

darkvare Jun 25th, 2008 10:43 AM

yes it means now you did everything you could
ontopic: i want to see it too but i may dl it cause i mostly watch high octane action flicks in the cinema

Blasted Child Jun 25th, 2008 04:04 PM

Adam Sandler is unbelievably overrated, in my humble opinion. He can't act and he doesn't look/move/talk funny. He's got the same expression on his face all the time, and I dunno, it just happens to be a boring one.
Having read some reviews, I'm going to steer clear from his newest title as well.

Kitsa Jun 25th, 2008 04:09 PM

Well, we went and saw it.

I'd rank it as "mildly amusing sitcom" level of funny. It relies very heavily on ethnic in-jokes, sort of in the vein of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (even containing one of that movie's main actors), and chances are that if you're not at least part Jewish, a lot of it will be lost on you.

I only lol'd once. Kind of a shame because Adam Sandler really seems like a likeable guy.

And I'll say this...the "Adam Sandler's character does an unattractive old lady" thing worked in Happy Gilmore, but doing the same gag over and over and over doesn't make it funnier.

Ant10708 Jun 25th, 2008 07:23 PM

May not make it funnier but he's making millions by rehashing old jokes and not trying at all which is basically what the Austin powers sequels do to the point of absurdity

Esuohlim Jun 25th, 2008 09:09 PM

Seriously. It's probably no better or worse than Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore was but I only like both of those movies beause I saw them when I was still a stupid kid.

I'm a stupid adult now but at least I don't find this stuff funny anymore.

Kybo Ren Jun 26th, 2008 05:20 AM

the only thing funny about Zohan was the theatre lobby prop. A real salon chair with a cardboard Sandler doing your hair.

Nobody was getting their picture taken with it though, HULK statue got all the attention.

McClain Jun 27th, 2008 09:24 AM

I haven't seen it, but I'd be willing to bet there's a "You can do it!" reference in there.

badboy7 Jun 27th, 2008 01:14 PM

Well the whole world is his fan , just take her to see ...