I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Domo-Kun Invades Our Culture As Target's Official Halloween Mascot (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700590)

MockBot Sep 15th, 2008 03:52 AM

Domo-Kun Invades Our Culture As Target's Official Halloween Mascot

Automatically generated comment thread for Domo-Kun Invades Our Culture As Target's Official Halloween Mascot.

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 15th, 2008 04:16 AM

First!

Domo-kun is awesome, he really is.

DarkfireTaimatsu Sep 15th, 2008 04:59 AM

"He's furry. He's funny."

He's Babs and Buster Bunny?

homor Sep 15th, 2008 06:04 AM

this is amazing!

Drunken_Lemur408 Sep 15th, 2008 06:25 AM

Franken-Domo is the best. I am definitely going to pick up some of that theme candy.

Hangie Sep 15th, 2008 06:43 AM

Oh boy a bunch of domo stuff for all the wapanese to they're backpacks with -_-. They ruined domo for me :(

Low Calorie Sep 15th, 2008 07:48 AM

Woah. I can't wait to go to Target this year.

I actually dressed up as Domo-Kun two years ago, but everyone thought I was that Domino's Fudge'Ems guy (those advertisements where popular at the time).

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 15th, 2008 09:04 AM

I always liked Domo-kun but his merch is sadly unavailable in Australia depending on where you look. Poor me, deprived of Domo-kun...

Neen Sep 15th, 2008 10:09 AM

First to post, first to grieve. Ah ha ha ha.

DuFresne Sep 15th, 2008 10:20 AM

I worked at Target over the summer. I know a lot of their back-to-school stuff featured Domo, but I didn't know they had this much of a hardon for the little guy.

seesawbooy Sep 15th, 2008 10:44 AM

I hope they sell halloween dolls dressed as the monsters on the displays

Aura Fox Sep 15th, 2008 10:45 AM

They cant popularize Domo like this, it kills some of the mistique of there being people who dont know what he is.
Though I do wonder if that giant hanging domo is for sale..

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 15th, 2008 12:49 PM

Franken-Domo is beyond awesome. Wish they had Target around these parts.

poppers620 Sep 15th, 2008 02:14 PM

ok your Target has way more halloween stuff than mine. i wanna come out and shop with you. Sunday maybe? alo i bought the marshmallow Frankenstein Domo candy... so nasty. i took one bite and it tasted like it was infused with plastic. Like a marshmallow candy and some plastic went through Seth Brundle's telepod together and became one. sooooo nasty.

Nick Sep 15th, 2008 03:31 PM

I can't help but feel that this is very wrong for some reason.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 15th, 2008 04:03 PM

Franken-Domo looks intoxicated beyond belief. It could be he's also drinking orange poison from a beaker though.

Dimnos Sep 15th, 2008 04:51 PM

So... do they sell any plush Domos? Like the ghost-Domo or the fanken-Domo?

Metal Misfit Sep 15th, 2008 06:08 PM

No idea who this is.

KrytenSyxx Sep 15th, 2008 09:46 PM

Target is teasing us big time. So far the only real Domo Kun merchandie they have are the damn pinatas. We demand angry Domos in various Halloween outfits!

HowardC Sep 15th, 2008 10:37 PM

This pretty much confirms it... target isn't a real store, it's just a long and twisted performance art piece put together by some rich dudes with nothing better to do.

Seriously... wtf is wrong with target? Their commericals don't make any sense, their store is so offensively painted that I get a migrain when I even peer inside one and now this? How could domo possibly attract anyone besides a VERY small portion of the US population? It's like they look at what walmart and kmart do marketing-wise, which btw makes them a butt-load of cash, and then say "well that's making them money, let's do the exact opposite."

Rant aside, domo is cool, he just doesn't belong in target.

Jquick Sep 15th, 2008 11:16 PM

I need a Domo pinata. Now.

Copper Sep 16th, 2008 02:06 AM

Makes me wish I worked retail *there* to get the promo stuff when they take it down. (And, 9 times out of 10, they will *not* give it to customers that ask because either A. It really does have to be destroyed or B. Most of the employees have called dibs on the stuff already.) Closest thing I've got is a plain plush Domo at my store. I suppose I could dress it up, but premades are so much more fun.

Could be why, too, they took Domo off of Gaia. He used to be a forum "smiley" but was removed. I know some people (self included) who are grumbly about that.

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 16th, 2008 03:56 AM

My local Anime collectable shop up the road might be able to order in a Domo for me. Surprisingly there are no weeaboos in Australia, only geeks and nerds who are interested in Anime and non-Anime stuff as well, plus the occasional hipster who desperately needs an Astro Boy tee shirt to make his image and identity constructed until the next trend comes along.

Also, funny how Australians never have Halloween displays in shops unless it's a two dollar shop. Target in Australia is a lot more respectable than to use a Japanese mascot yet not sell anything related to him.

greenimp Sep 16th, 2008 05:29 AM

awesome! but this probably wont go to australia, what with hallowen not being very big over here

resident-adam Sep 16th, 2008 07:08 AM

Holy-Shit, TARGET knows of the DOMO-KUN? EPIC