I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Iron Man (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699651)

argonath Apr 30th, 2008 08:53 AM

Iron Man

I saw the sneak preview of Iron Man last night. Holy crap, what a way to start off the summer movie season! I think of all the Marvel-based movie series to come out in the last several years, it is by far the best franchise launcher. Robert Downey Jr. is perfectly cast, and Jeff Bridges and Terrence Howard were excellent in their roles. Even Gwyneth Paltrow was pretty good. The story was well-done, but parts of the movie seemed to drag. It could have been trimmed from its almost 2 hour running time to 90 minutes, but this is a pretty minor complaint.

As far as the action sequences, they are outstanding. The gadgets and weaponry on the suit are just badass, and the flight scenes were very cool. Even the CGI was pretty believeable for the most part: some scenes during the last battle relied on it a bit too much, but overall the animators did a good job. I won't spoil the ending, but I will say that it was a first for a superhero movie. Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing...I guess we'll see in 2-3 years when the sequel comes out (and there will be one--Iron Man will do EXTREMELY well over the next couple of weeks).

I give it a 4 out of a 6 pack. Go check it out!

darkvare Apr 30th, 2008 05:55 PM

i loved it it was awesome i loved the ending i hope for new armors and stuff in the next movie terrence hinted to it so yeah
also
Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Apr 30th, 2008 09:28 PM

This movie rocked my ass andd Tony Stark is a total dick. He's the man I aspire to be.

LordSappington May 1st, 2008 05:56 PM

I wanna go see it tomorrow. Damn TAKS testing is preventing me from seeing it at midnight....

Fathom Zero May 1st, 2008 08:06 PM

I don't want to spoil it but someone bears a resemblance to the evil Steve Jobs.

ItalianStereotype May 2nd, 2008 03:53 AM

I'm Nick Fury and I'd like to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative.

Fathom Zero May 2nd, 2008 07:40 AM

You know, Iron Man will be in the upcoming Hulk flick, as well.

ItalianStereotype May 2nd, 2008 01:44 PM

at this point, who doesn't know that? they're apparently making reference to the super soldier serum as well. after the Hulk movie, there'll be an Ant-Man movie and a Thor movie, and supposedly at the end of the Thor movie there'll be a reference to Cap. AVEGNERS ASSEMBLE!

10,000 Volt Ghost May 2nd, 2008 03:37 PM

Sweet guys, I didn't know yet

Fathom Zero May 2nd, 2008 04:50 PM

Well, there already was a Captain America movie. heh heh heh ehhhh.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 2nd, 2008 05:19 PM

I remember the old cap america, flash and daredevil movies from the 80's, left a bad taste in my mouth. The old hulk movies with Bill Bixby were sweet. Especially the one with Thor where they go to a bar and have a chug-a-lug contest.

Zomboid May 2nd, 2008 06:44 PM

If Marvel really does manage to produce a series of good movies, I'll be very happy. DC's been dominating Marvel in the movie department lately so it'd be nice if Marvel stepped it up cause aside from the first two x-men and spider-man movies, they've sucked pretty badly.

That being said, the upcoming justice league movie will probably be fucking horrible.

Hangie May 2nd, 2008 11:07 PM

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THAT MOVIE KICKED ASS, (jesus I just got back, I feel like my soda was spiked with some raver juice) ZOMGZOMGZOMG. I nearly choked when

Spoilers!

MetalMilitia May 3rd, 2008 07:11 AM

I've seen just about every other comic book based movie in the last few years and as such my expectations for this one are not very high.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2008 03:30 PM

I thought Tom Jane's Punisher was really good. Kind of looking forward to the Flash movie if Ryan Reynolds will play him.

The Leader May 3rd, 2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 553225)
I've seen just about every other comic book based movie in the last few years and as such my expectations for this one are not very high.

Go see it right now and stay after the credits are over. You'll wee yourself.

Phoenix Gamma May 3rd, 2008 11:01 PM

Meh, I wasn't blown away. Marvel's just churning out so many superhero movies that you might as well make them their own freaking genre. Action, Comedy, Romance, and Superhero.

Not that it was bad. It's quite good, but it felt like it was just going through the motions. I wish it had more than two or three action scenes, though, cause that suit's totally boss.

MattJack May 5th, 2008 01:02 AM

First 2/3 of the movie was pretty cool.

Last 1/3 of the movie sucked horribly. The dialogue went to absolute shit for some reason.

TONNNNY!!!

COLLATERAL DAMAGE, TONYYYY

TONNY YOU'LL DIE

TONNYYYY

3/5 is how I'd rate this movie.

Zomboid May 6th, 2008 06:38 PM

IMDB's stupid fucking headlines for this:

Moviegoers Turn 'Iron' Into Gold
'Iron Man' Is Marvelous For Marvel
Heavy Metal Plays Well At Box Office

Fathom Zero May 6th, 2008 06:44 PM

Church bombing kills ten

:lol

Blaster Atoms May 7th, 2008 06:30 AM

I thought it was funny as hell. Looking way forward to the next one, and the avengers movies. I'd like to see Triple H play Thor, personally...

Zomboid May 7th, 2008 06:41 AM

Ugh.

And is that your sig?

Blaster Atoms May 7th, 2008 06:44 AM

Is it too much? I had wondered about that.

Zomboid May 7th, 2008 08:21 AM

Yeah, too big. Maybe 1/3 of that would be small enough.

Blaster Atoms May 8th, 2008 06:10 AM

I think I'll just have to change it then. Downsizing would lose some of the detail. No matter.