I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Earthbound!! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25514)

Black Flag Mar 28th, 2007 10:54 AM

guys i always meant to play earthbound but i never really got past the first 10 minutes without completely forgetting about it

maybe i should try again now maybe?

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2007 11:13 AM

YES

Although it does start out slow until things start picking up after the first "Your Sanctuary" location. Mostly because the beginning is the most time you'll spend focusing on levelling up and if you're at Lv 11 or so before the first boss then it's not something you'll even really have to think about anymore afterwards.

So yeah, right now I'm spending about an hour fighting a bunch of skate punks and Yes-Man Juniors before I face Frank :o

Divisible by Waffle Mar 28th, 2007 12:02 PM

Am I the only one that thought of TV's Frank from Mystery Science Theater 3000 when I was fighting Frank in Earthbound? For some reason, I just envisioned that fight taking place.

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timrpgland (Post 483680)
I am :(

I probably would too if I had a snes lying around. Maybe not even then though, cause save state is awesome.

Milhouse I think I'm a little ahead of you. I'm about to see the runaway five and head to zombie town.

Emu Mar 28th, 2007 04:51 PM

I could play it on the SNES but my copy has a loose save chip thing so if it gets shaken it tends to delete everything

Plus I like fast forward

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 483783)
I probably would too if I had a snes lying around. Maybe not even then though, cause save state is awesome.

Oh man I know. I always tell myself not to use save states so I could stay true to the game, but every time I play this I always get killed by Mondo Mole about six times before I remember what his major weakness once so I always end up cheating :eek

And yeah I like fast forwarding Runaway Five shows and those trips you take in Dr. Andonuts's flying saucer thing because they take like five minutes. That and that one long wait behind the waterfall you have to do. :(

Emu Mar 28th, 2007 05:32 PM

Does anyone else skip most of the Sanctuary bosses until just before you fight Diamond Dog?

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2007 05:33 PM

Yeah, that waterfall wait is bullshit so I skip past that. As for mondo mole... One time, I completely forgot about that area and came back and fought him when I had all 4 party members and way pretty high leveled. This time I just destroyed him with psi thunder.

edit: I kinda just replied to emu without knowing it :O

Emu Mar 28th, 2007 05:38 PM

Yeah but I do that on purpose every time I play ;(

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2007 05:42 PM

I don't cause I like all the experience I get from taking them out and it JUST FEELS RIGHT.

Don't forget to keep talking to that guy in the twoson hotel table until he gives you money :O

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2007 06:10 PM

I don't either for the same reason. It gives me a sense of game progression. :o

I also fast forward to get through those messages of encouragement with the trippy backgrounds when you drink the coffee at Saturn Valley and Tenda Village.

I'm on my way to Twoson now, thanks for the tip Zomboid I never knew that :eek

Fathom Zero Mar 28th, 2007 06:21 PM

This is one of the most enjoyable RPGs ever made and I really need to play again. Now I can be on the go and play it too, so bonus!

One thing I noticed about it is that it is very well styled and intricate in the visuals. I like the color choices.

I'M GONNA PLAY RIGHT NOW.

Divisible by Waffle Mar 28th, 2007 06:24 PM

I've only beaten Carpainter (the Happy Happyist cult leader guy), after that I got tired of playing it on a keyboard. But I really like it.

GADZOOKS Mar 28th, 2007 06:29 PM

ok I'm starting this puppy up tonight, it's going to be a real laugh.

noob3 Mar 28th, 2007 08:22 PM

any1 who fast forwards runaway five does not know how to play earthbound while enjoying some fine marijuana

emulators are for homos :(

Cliff Steele Mar 28th, 2007 09:42 PM

earthbound always cheers me up tons!

i am just about to go in the destert now but i havent gotten to play in like 3 weeks :(

Emu Mar 28th, 2007 09:44 PM

When Brick Road follows you around in the desert it plays the opening riff from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band :(

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2007 09:50 PM

Fuck threed is a fun town but not as cool as fourside. I dunno why that is.

MrAdventure Mar 28th, 2007 10:18 PM

man every time i play this game i'm all "i'm not gonna call his favorite food dicks i'm not gonna call his favorite food dicks" but then the mom is all "how about we all eat some dicks" or something and i cant help myself

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2007 11:06 PM

Do you guess pronounce "Onett" so that it rhymes with "bonnet" or "cunt"? :x

I'm at Peaceful Rest Valley now, which is by far my least favorite part of the game. The damn spaceships keep giving me colds and I always run out of PP because I can't find butterflies. I don't think I've ever crossed it in one try :(

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2007 11:11 PM

Oh-net!

Esuohlim Mar 28th, 2007 11:20 PM

Also when I first played this game I kept on imagining what the "Five" town would be called, but I never ever got there :(

Fivetown :(

Emu Mar 28th, 2007 11:28 PM

I call it 1-net

noob3 Mar 29th, 2007 12:39 AM

Arn't the runaway 5 a real band? they did the lady from pinsecola?

executioneer Mar 29th, 2007 01:37 AM

"mothers understand these things- eat some shit and scoot up to bed" lol