I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Game Review: The Witcher (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699047)

MockBot Feb 14th, 2008 03:53 PM

Weekly Game Review: The Witcher

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: The Witcher.

JJ the Jetplane Feb 14th, 2008 05:50 PM

I was thinking about buying this game, but I bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion instead. I think Oblivion may be a better game though.

Dr. Boogie Feb 14th, 2008 06:46 PM

You thought wrong.

Dungeonbrownies Feb 14th, 2008 07:15 PM

it looks fantastic.

Fathom Zero Feb 14th, 2008 07:40 PM

I am looking forward to playing this soon.

Dr. Boogie Feb 14th, 2008 07:54 PM

For anyone interested, there's a demo out that covers nearly the entire first chapter of the game. It's quite long.

Ashmodai Feb 14th, 2008 08:47 PM

This game is amazing. A friend showed me the intro and the first level. Wow is the only word that could describe it.

Colonel Flagg Feb 14th, 2008 08:48 PM

You should get royalty payments - you did a better job of marketing this game than they did.

Copper Feb 14th, 2008 09:58 PM

Definitely interested in trying this one, but I really want to try and get the European version, due to the better "content" than the US version.

Nick Feb 15th, 2008 12:53 AM

I remember reading about this game when it first came out. Those women you bed look horrible.

Dr. Boogie Feb 15th, 2008 12:26 PM

There are quite a few unusually stacked peasant women.

Jaimas Feb 15th, 2008 06:35 PM

Another classic example of us Americans losing out because - SHOCK HORROR! THERE ARE BOOBIES!!
I believe I speak for all Americans when I say that the people who rule that no game can have any adult content whatsoever can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Fathom Zero Feb 15th, 2008 07:18 PM

What do you mean by us "losing out?"

executioneer Feb 15th, 2008 07:45 PM

well hey at least we can have games that let you kill children

Copper Feb 16th, 2008 01:35 AM

Oi, if that's not an invitation to start a rant. Indulge me. Suffice it to say, I'm all for the rating system but I'm opposed to censorship, if that makes sense. The whole "I may not like what you have to say, but you can at least say it" deal. Or put in your games, in this case. Personally, I'd like to see more M or AO rated games, but that's just me, because, well, I'm an *adult.* What I don't like are people blaming the industry because of the content. If you don't want your kid shooting hookers and playing with "hot coffee" then don't buy them GTA in the first place. I'm all for people making informed decisions about what they let their kids be exposed to, but if it's just general ignorace, it makes me want to smack them on the back of the head sometimes. "OMG, my son is playing a game where he runs people over in cars! And has sex with women!" And who *let* him get that game? Personally, if the average consumer out there were just the slightest bit more intelligent, I don't think we'd have to worry about which version of the game got released. (And you're talking to a 7 year retail veteran, so by 'average consumer' I mean people that are generally not going to be found on the I-mockery forums...)

Fat_Hippo Feb 16th, 2008 01:13 PM

I'm actually playing this game right now, and I can definitley recommend it to all of you. Combat is fun, so is the character and potions system.(how could you forget to mention potions in the review?!) I don't think the voice acting is too horrible, but yea, there are some akward moments, and I wish they hadn't used the same voice actors for so many different people. Graphics are cool, and with the new patch the loading times go much faster, when before they were just plain torture. So yea, It's a fun game, and if you're not offended by swearing, drugs, violence and sex, buy it.

Dr. Boogie Feb 16th, 2008 01:59 PM

How could I forget to mention potions? How could you forget to read the third paragraph!?

JJ the Jetplane Feb 16th, 2008 02:11 PM

I still think the elder scrolls is better

Dr. Boogie Feb 16th, 2008 05:04 PM

And I still know you're mistaken.

Sillygoth Feb 17th, 2008 08:36 AM

I've heard so much good and bad about this game that I wasn't sure whether or not to even bother downloading the demo, but after reading this review, I'm pretty sure I'll at least give it a shot. Amusingly enough, I daresay you're the only reviewer to draw attention to the demo's existence, and I know you're the only one I've seen make note of the lengthiness of the demo itself.

Emu Feb 17th, 2008 01:09 PM

bioware can do no wrong, fr srs

Magic Flyin' Lemur Feb 18th, 2008 11:30 AM

sigh..

Ok, fine, fine. But Yahtzee Croshaw's review still steered me away from this game. There, no link, no muss, no foul?

JJ the Jetplane Feb 18th, 2008 05:40 PM

OBLIVION FTW!!!

Fathom Zero Feb 18th, 2008 07:15 PM

SHUT[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KRALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG] UP

Dr. Boogie Feb 19th, 2008 11:54 AM

Yeah, more like "Oblivion For The Wastebasket"!:lol