I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20976)

Mockery Apr 21st, 2006 10:59 AM

FORUM EVENT: "TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES!"

Our latest I-Mockery forum event has arrived, and this one is for the TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES COMPLETE SERIES DVD SET!

THE TRANSFORMERS: BEAST MACHINES CONTEST!

The goal of this contest is to come up with a whole new series of Transformers that you guys create by either photoshopping various pictures of animals and robotic parts together, or simply drawing them by hand. You can pick ANY kind of animal you like - mammals, insects, fish, reptiles, whatever - and then all you have to do is combine it with some robotic parts.

You have until May 25th, 2006 to make your contribution to this contest.

After the contest is completed, it will go up on the I-Mockery.com homepage as a new article to be viewed by all! (this is pending it's actually worth posting on the site, so make your posts good ones!)

Additionally, we (the admins) will vote for 'best picture' and give out the prize!

GRAND PRIZE (1 Winner): "The Transformers: Beast Machines Complete Series DVD Set!!!" (click here for info on the dvd set)
THE REST OF YOU: Your contribution might be immortalized on i-mockery.com and/or a pat on the back and/or a thankful middle finger!

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE

Anyone with a registered I-Mockery.net account can participate.

RULES FOR PARTICIPATION

1. No "not safe for work" material.
Do not post anything that you wouldn't show your grandmother. We at i-mockery love our grandmothers. And yours. But not in "that way" if you know what we mean. Perverts.

2. .JPG and .GIF file formats only.
No .bmp, .png, .tga, or whatever else you assholes are going to try to pull.

3. No hotlinking.
The image uploader for this event is linked at the bottom of this post, so please use that to upload your pictures. Do not host them on your own space.

4. Images must include content that somehow combines/fuses any kind of animal with robotic elements.
When we say animal, we mean any kind of animal. Mammals, insects, fish, reptiles...whatever you like.

5. Give your new animal/robot character a name.
Please give your character a name, whether you include the name in the actual picture, or simply type it in with your post.

6. Images must be equal to or below 600 pixels in width.
So that you don't stretch out peoples' web browsers who run in 800x600 resolution. Also, make sure your image file sizes are within 300k.

7. Submit as many entries as you like.
There is no limit to how many entries you can submit to this contest, so if you have more than one idea for a character, go ahead and submit them all!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

You may draw your images by hand on paper (you can even use crayons if you like) and scan them in, or you can draw them on the computer. Images created in any digital editing program are accepted, be it Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or others. If you don't want to draw, you can always feel free to "Photoshop" some images of animals and robots together.

Here's how you participate:
- Create an image combining any kind of animal with robotic elements - it should be a fusion of the two, an animal/robot hybrid. You can draw it by hand on paper or on the computer, photoshop various images together, whatever you like. Your entry will be judged on creativity and humor, NOT artistic skill.
- You must include a name for your new animal/robot hybrid!
- Upload your image using the program included at the bottom of this post.
- Post your submission(s) in this thread by May 25th, 2006.

Alrighty, that's it! Now get to work on creating some of the greatest animal/robot hybrid Transformers the world has ever seen! :o

-RoG-

*USE THIS SCRIPT TO UPLOAD YOUR IMAGES FOR POSTING!*

Black Flag Apr 21st, 2006 01:06 PM

ROOMBACANTH

it's a roomba with a coelacanth head on it, it's very useful!

timrpgland Apr 21st, 2006 01:52 PM

PROBOSCIZER

Now with stupid claws and the ability to LIQUIFY!

(it's a friday and work is slow...)

Chojin Apr 21st, 2006 10:09 PM

note: this is not a real contest entry, this is just an example. It will not be included in the judging of the contest.

MLE Apr 21st, 2006 10:38 PM

LUMABEAR WILL SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE

ArrowX Apr 22nd, 2006 01:40 AM

MarmitCycle Give Chase :O

ArrowX Apr 22nd, 2006 07:03 PM

ASIMCROW

Johnny Couth Apr 24th, 2006 05:57 PM

Rongi Apr 24th, 2006 10:54 PM

GATOR TANK AT YOUR SERVICE

Mike P Apr 25th, 2006 07:49 PM

Pac-Manyderm gives new meaning to "gaming on the go".

Sebra Apr 27th, 2006 12:04 AM

MarioRPG Apr 27th, 2006 03:22 PM

GEICANK encounters minor trouble. Good thing he just saved a bunch on his car insurance!

Guitar Woman Apr 27th, 2006 05:40 PM

GOATERCYCLE IS HERE TO TAKE A BITE OUT OF EVIL

Emu Apr 27th, 2006 06:07 PM

CYBIRD AM I RIGHT :meat

Sebra Apr 27th, 2006 06:59 PM

WHITE WASH !!

MLE Apr 28th, 2006 05:00 PM

MarioRPG Apr 28th, 2006 07:36 PM

CHOPPER IS HERE TO CLEAR THE WAY TO VICTORY!!!

GIJOEKAMALA May 3rd, 2006 07:19 PM

My submissions

Also they're individual names are Rodimus Hog (The one fully shown) and Pig Prime.

Sebra May 7th, 2006 02:27 AM

slicer May 12th, 2006 08:52 PM

I'm very surprised that noone did this yet.

snakesoplane!

executioneer May 13th, 2006 12:27 AM

i'm not

Sebra May 13th, 2006 01:09 AM

Sebra May 24th, 2006 07:56 PM

Sam May 24th, 2006 11:11 PM

PANZERCAT![/img]

Mockery Jun 15th, 2006 09:22 PM

It was a real close one, but Sebra won in the end with the most votes from the judges. Here's how the voting worked out:

MLE's Lumabear = 2 votes

Sebra's Segasaurus = 2 votes

Sebra's Whitewash = 1 vote

MarioRPG's Geicank = 1 vote

Thanks again to those of you who entered. We'll have another contest up in the near future!