I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   All aboard the wtf bus (a pictorial) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705723)

Kitsa Jan 9th, 2011 08:37 PM

All aboard the wtf bus (a pictorial)

This is, so far, the weirdest object I've ever found at Foy's.

I was poking around their off-season drifts of assorted clutter, past sets of pogs and olive forks and plastic wedding-cake toppers and percolator lids and giant Shrek souvenir pencils, when I came upon this box and instantly knew I had to have it:

Now, I'm not entirely ignorant of India. I was raised with Telegus, and I know that Champak is a kids' magazine. Like Highlights for Children, but with shittier print quality. I was expecting a fairly standard, straightforward, tin bus toy with maybe the magazine logo on it or something.

Ok, an Indian bus that for some reason carries go-getting caucasian commuters. But still. For some reason I thought that what was on the outside was a pretty good reflection of what I could find inside. So I opened the box, and here's what I saw:

Got to honestly say, I was not prepared for the possibility of this Indian commuter bus to be topped with freaking Santa Claus and some random Christian saint. Well, this is all mighty intriguing. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

So the bus company logo is a rocket-powered pig pulling a manic skateboard-riding clown dog in a blue straitjacket. Fair enough. And what of the passengers? If this were to scale, their heads would be the size of those ball things that kids sit and bounce on. I don't like the look of that guy on the far left at all. And what's with the kid in the glasses? I can't figure out if they just went over a bump, he's playing Jolly Roger, or what. The jolt also seems to have particolored his frames.

The other side has another weird assortment of kids, although none are particularly objectionable. Let's see who's driving this wacky thing.

Sort of like a little desi Rob Schneider. I don't know what the hell is going on underneath him.

The mouse kicking a brown volleyball doesn't really solve any mysteries.

While we're examining it, here, I thought I'd get a shot of the mechanism for you too. Brand new but looks like it has quite a few miles on it.

Anyway, for around $5 it was mine, and now enjoys pride of place in my kitchen. How this object came to Foy's, I have no idea. I've never seen anything quite like it.

dextire Jan 9th, 2011 10:00 PM

:lol Wow, that thing is great!

kahljorn Jan 9th, 2011 10:49 PM

until you reach the heart of avarice you will not avow yourself of these mysteries!

Mockery Jan 9th, 2011 11:46 PM

Haha that is too awesome. I'm pretty sure the souls of some dead children are stored inside that bus. A wonderfully creepy and bizarre find if I've ever seen one. Foy's continues to amaze.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Kitsa! (just linked to it on the I-Mockery homepage btw)

ChrisGlass Jan 10th, 2011 01:51 AM

I have NO CLUE how you would get all those images together to make that. It's beyond reason.

That would go right on my mantle.

Kitsa Jan 10th, 2011 09:00 AM

Thanks...yeah, this was a strange one. When I opened it and saw Santa, I thought maybe there'd been a mistake and it was a tin bank or something in the box. Then I saw the Champak logo. I still have no idea why it bears absolutely no resemblance to the bus depicted on the outside.

Another thing that bugged me were the windows...some pointed forwards, some pointed backwards, and one was a regular rectangle. I think the artist must have said, "eh, good enough" more than once.

This is the only other place I've seen this object mentioned online, and I searched pretty extensively. Two bucks more than Foy's, but if you've got to have it, there's a way.

Zhukov Jan 10th, 2011 09:03 AM

'its ready to cruise your highway of dreams!'

Certainly your kind of dreams, Kitsa.

Kitsa Jan 10th, 2011 09:12 AM

that's for damn sure.

Colonel Flagg Jan 10th, 2011 09:13 AM

I was only able to access the "tinmantoy" pic on that website, as my firewall (die 1000 deaths) will not allow me to view any of your undoubtedly splendid pictures. Even so, WTF seems a much better name for this bus than Champak.

Colonel Flagg Jan 10th, 2011 10:40 PM

Wow, Kit. That was worth the wait! :lol

Dimnos Jan 11th, 2011 12:19 PM

Can we get a close up of that freaky kid on the left?

Tadao Jan 11th, 2011 12:21 PM

I count 6 different freaky kids to the left.

Dimnos Jan 11th, 2011 12:26 PM

The one to the far left of the wanna be pirate kid. She knows who Im talking about.

Kitsa Jan 11th, 2011 01:01 PM

Dimnos Jan 11th, 2011 01:12 PM

That has to be the youngest tranny I have ever seen.

Colonel Flagg Jan 11th, 2011 02:21 PM

I thought he looked like a changeling. :eek

Kitsa Jan 11th, 2011 02:41 PM

is it my imagination, or does he have a black eye?

Dimnos Jan 11th, 2011 03:27 PM

Trannies gotta make samiches fast too you know. >:

ChrisGlass Jan 12th, 2011 04:45 PM

It's Donny Osmond, you fool. He makes sammiches for no one.

Dimnos Jan 12th, 2011 04:54 PM

And thats why he has a black eye.

Kitsa Jan 15th, 2011 01:25 PM

More Foy's news....our beloved local horror host, Dr. Creep, died yesterday.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26501097/detail.html

Mockery Jan 15th, 2011 04:20 PM

:(

Babs Jan 15th, 2011 06:10 PM

What! He didn't die, that's a bunch of bologna.

dextire Jan 15th, 2011 11:06 PM

:(

All Hail Duke Jan 29th, 2011 03:36 PM

bus driver looks like little monsters era fred savage