I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698940)

MockBot Jan 31st, 2008 02:13 PM

Weekly Movie Review: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters.

GRUMPYNZ Jan 31st, 2008 03:20 PM

Good review. I agree, it was a tad disappointing, and some of the episodes are much funnier.

Nick Jan 31st, 2008 03:33 PM

I actually enjoyed the movie, it delivered exactly what I was expecting when I walked into that theater. Though it may just because I was blinded by my love for the show.

Dr. Boogie Jan 31st, 2008 03:54 PM

It delivered what I expected, too... in the first twenty minutes. The problem is, it delivered crap for the next hour or so.

BakaGaijin Jan 31st, 2008 05:18 PM

The new season is playing now on Adult Swim and so far, after two new episodes, the Aqua Teens aren't even in it. It's Carl trying to sell their house, which is a great improvement in my book. More Carl = Good

BakaGaijin Jan 31st, 2008 05:18 PM

BTW, I think that was a spot-on review.

MarioRPG Jan 31st, 2008 05:55 PM

It was just OK, I wouldn't pay to see again or anything...

D-MoN Feb 1st, 2008 04:28 AM

I never understood the show so I didn't see the movie. Mediocre humor and shitty animation? Maybe it's avante guard and I don't get it. A comedy with no jokes? It's akin to old comedies in Shakespear's day I spose.

Molly Feb 1st, 2008 02:47 PM

I liked it. It's a show/movie about talking food items. I don't dissect it very much.

incognit000 Feb 2nd, 2008 10:56 AM

I wanted to like this movie. I really, really did.

But the only good part was the Mastodon singing food at the beginning.

autodidact Feb 4th, 2008 01:22 AM

I agree, the best part was the opener. I hope they made enough on tickets to pay off the whiny little girls in Boston. Funny how the other dozen or so cities didn't overreact. Of course, when you think about it, watching them [Boston, Mass. officials] panic was more enjoyable than the movie.

Maxwell Demon Feb 4th, 2008 01:35 PM

im not much for the mauling of deceased livestock but that movie sucked. if you wanna try to take what you can out of it i guess you can purposely enjoy the opening sequence but it still sucked.

Wyldflame Mar 7th, 2008 10:36 AM

I've gotta side with incognit000 here.
I wanted it to be good...I bought the thing blind on dvd, super excited. Fucking terrible. The episodes were random and crazy, but at least you could follow them, I can't tell you what happened in the movie, it contradicted itself glaf a dozen times, it...It just wasn't funny.
It didn't help that the movie came out about 3 years to late. I don't think there had been new episodes in about that time prior to the movie, I know i had lost my taste for re-runs long before the movie showed.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 7th, 2008 08:25 PM

Yeah, the highpoint was definitely the opening Mastadon song, then they just let the bad times roll. :(