I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tarentino v.s. Kevin Smith? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12359)

Mallrat867 Jun 24th, 2004 07:39 PM

Tarentino v.s. Kevin Smith?

well....yeah. Who?

FartinMowler Jun 24th, 2004 07:40 PM

I eat poo.

Jixby Phillips Jun 24th, 2004 07:45 PM

are you in the 10th grade?

huond Jun 24th, 2004 07:59 PM

i remember when TIm Burton said he would never watch anything made by Kevin smith and i thought he was like so stupid (I was in the 10th grade :x) now i side with Tim Burton >:

Royal Tenenbaum Jun 24th, 2004 08:29 PM

Comparing Tarantino to Smith is like comparing a concert violinist to the dirty guy with a guitar busking outside the liquor store.

Zee Kay Jun 24th, 2004 09:07 PM

If they were anything alike I'd vote.
But they're not.
So I won't.

Emu Jun 24th, 2004 09:20 PM

Zee Kay's a very mature individual

Snatchtastic Jun 25th, 2004 10:59 AM

I eat poo.

Mallrat867 Jun 25th, 2004 02:51 PM

Well looks like most of us eat poo.

ohhh and, yes I am in 10th grade. Thanks for reading my profile.

GADZOOKS Jun 25th, 2004 03:16 PM

No most of us picked taratino, fatass.

ziggytrix Jun 25th, 2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huond
i remember when TIm Burton said he would never watch anything made by Kevin smith and i thought he was like so stupid (I was in the 10th grade :x) now i side with Tim Burton >:

He really said that? That's strange. I really dug Clerks, Dogma, and Clerks: the Animated Series. The others, I could kinda take or leave, but I certainly can say Burton has put out his fair share of crap too.

Same with Tarentino, he's put out wonderful movies and absolute crap.

On the whole though, I'd say I like all 3 of them as directors.

Geggy Jun 25th, 2004 06:14 PM

what gives tim burton a right to judge if he has never watched any of his movies? what an ass.

Perndog Jun 25th, 2004 08:02 PM

I love Tim Burton.
I like Kevin Smith.
I haven't seen anything by Tarantino that I liked. (yes, Kill Bill included).

But there's no question that Tarantino is a better director than Smith. Scripts aside - Smith's scripts are just more my style - you can't really give Kevin Smith a lot of points for cinematography.

Jixby Phillips Jun 25th, 2004 09:09 PM

What Tim Burton said was in response to somebody pointing out that the ending of "Planet of the Apes" closely resembled a panel in one of Kevin Smith's comics, and also it was in response to Kevin Smith's reaction that he was "really upset" about it. But Kevin Smith was joking about being upset and knew it was a coincidence, but his comments were printed as if they were completely serious. So Tim Burton responded saying something like he's never read the comic, and he would never read anything by Smith. It could have been a slam on Kevin Smith's superman script, which Tim Burton was set to direct a few years ago.

I know way too fucking much about Kevin Smith.

Spectre X Jun 26th, 2004 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perndog
I haven't seen anything by Tarantino that I liked. (yes, Kill Bill included).

Que "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" scream and pointing at Perndog.

Zee Kay Jun 26th, 2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
It could have been a slam on Kevin Smith's superman script, which Tim Burton was set to direct a few years ago.

The Superman script fiasco also lead to the creation of the movie "Wild Wild West's" giant mecha spider.

Jixby Phillips Jun 26th, 2004 03:47 PM

Please explain

Zee Kay Jun 26th, 2004 05:17 PM

Burton wanted alot of things in the script that Smith didn't. Tim Burton didn't want Superman to wear a costume, he also wanted him to fight a giant mecha spider, Smith didn't think too well of either ideas. After they both gave up on working with each other, Tim Burton still wanted at least A movie to have a giant mechanical spider. So with a few strings pulled, he managed to get the bug into Wild Wild West. So in case anyone wondered why there was a giant spider in Wild Wild West despite there never being any in the TV show, now you know.

Emu Jun 26th, 2004 05:25 PM

Zee Kay's all over this

Zee Kay Jun 26th, 2004 07:35 PM

Are you stalking me?

Daphne Jun 26th, 2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee Kay
Burton wanted alot of things in the script that Smith didn't. Tim Burton didn't want Superman to wear a costume, he also wanted him to fight a giant mecha spider, Smith didn't think too well of either ideas. After they both gave up on working with each other, Tim Burton still wanted at least A movie to have a giant mechanical spider. So with a few strings pulled, he managed to get the bug into Wild Wild West. So in case anyone wondered why there was a giant spider in Wild Wild West despite there never being any in the TV show, now you know.

Not quite, it was the producer of Superman that wanted the giant spider not Tim Burton, and he also wanted Superman to fight a Polar Bear. This was the same guy who produced Wild Wild West, and Kevin Smith was amused that he got the giant spider finally.
Tim Burton had nothing to do with Wild Wild West, why would he give a shit if there was a mechanical spider in it?
Tim Burton wanted Superman to wear a weird mechanical outfit, but that's all I know.

Also, he didn't refuse to see Kevin Smith's movies, he heard that Planet of the Apes comment and said he wouldn't read his script for Superman and that he'd never read any of his comics (and made a snide remark I can't recall).

sports Jun 27th, 2004 01:27 AM

All are good directors...even Tarinto...

Esuohlim Jun 27th, 2004 01:32 AM

Who is Tarinto, sports?

GADZOOKS Jun 27th, 2004 02:10 AM

A Big LOL at Superman Vs. Polar Bears.

sports Jun 27th, 2004 03:08 AM

Taco? :)