I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Faerie picture :\ (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12880)

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 01:30 PM

Faerie picture :\

please click on it. it will open another window and show you a large version

Pub Lover Jul 23rd, 2004 02:29 PM

She has huge feet. :eek

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 02:52 PM

i did that on purpose, actually :/

FS Jul 23rd, 2004 02:53 PM

Aah. Pretty. The shadow(?) seems rather unusual, though?

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 02:55 PM

i intended on it looking like a strong light was on her. and the light is streaming through where it can.

FS Jul 23rd, 2004 02:57 PM

That explains it. I was looking at the light rays as if they were indications of wind.

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 02:58 PM

i might consider changing it a bit because if that. they're not quite straight lines, so that might be able to be changed :/

Supafly345 Jul 23rd, 2004 03:01 PM

Thank you for hiding her no-nos.

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 03:10 PM

:/ i thought for a while on that, and i only did it because i had an artistic way of doing it.

Supafly345 Jul 23rd, 2004 03:26 PM

Yeah, I am one of the few people who believes that nudes don't need to show the naughties.

Matt Harty Jul 23rd, 2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE
i might consider changing it a bit because if that. they're not quite straight lines, so that might be able to be changed :/

I like how the shadow bends. :/

The Fifth Man Jul 23rd, 2004 06:59 PM

That's really nice.

Are you gonna color it or leave it black and white?

MLE Jul 23rd, 2004 08:22 PM

i'll probably leave this one black and white, but i have another one i'm working on that i'm going to add color to.

Ninjavenom Jul 23rd, 2004 10:03 PM

Very emotive. Thank you for not Elfwooding your fairy out. :o I think her right (our left) arm is a little long, though. Maybe it just looks like it to me?

liquidstatik Jul 23rd, 2004 10:36 PM

Yeh.. the shading confused me at first. Until i read what you said.. so it all kinda makes sense now. Looks real good. :)

The Fifth Man Jul 23rd, 2004 10:53 PM

I thought the limbs looked a little strange, too, with how long
and exaggerated they are, but it actually really suits her.
I don't really know how to explain it, but they just look like
they belong that way as fairy limbs.

I think they make her look more nimble than if they were
more realistically proportioned.

And the wings are awesome.

Dole Jul 24th, 2004 03:27 AM

perty

MLE Jul 24th, 2004 12:58 PM

i know i said i wouldn't color it, but i kept thinking on how fatsatan couldn't tell if it was light or wind, and how empty the rest of it looked with the high contrast of the shadows and decided i would.

once again, click on it for a large version.

Matt Harty Jul 24th, 2004 01:01 PM

very nice :o

Supafly345 Jul 24th, 2004 01:34 PM

The shadows don't look as extreme now that it has color. Maybe to counter that you should add more streams of light on top. But it still looks like someone is shining a very bright light on her in an otherwise completely dark room.

Other than that it looks remarkable. I need to get me a set of those pencils.

subterfuge Jul 24th, 2004 02:10 PM

It's pretty. The only things I'd give a little advice on are that the limbs are slightly too long. I elongate the limbs on all of my stuff purposely though, too. So, it's no big deal. Also, the legs are a little off on their positioning. You can stand in front of a mirror and get the right position and sketch from that to correct it.

Otherwise, it's very nice. I like the colored version a lot. :)

MLE Jul 24th, 2004 02:38 PM

on all of my faeries, i elongate their limbs because they're slightly insect-like as well. that's also why i make parts of their anatomy too thin to be human.

thank you, sub :>

ScruU2wice Jul 24th, 2004 03:02 PM

I liked it better without color, but I'm just the type of person who likes art with out color :(

I liked the really dramatic shadows and I didn't have any real difficulty distinguishing the wind from the shadows. And the leaves were more subtle without color.

I like the real femenine flow of the hair and wings and body. It's really good...

ArrowX Jul 24th, 2004 03:14 PM

If I had a scanner I could post my art but I suck compared to that because I can't detail without fucking the picture up :(

I like it better without the color.

MLE Jul 24th, 2004 03:15 PM

thank you :>

i really appreciate that you put your full opinion, and not just "i like it" :>

thank you to everyone who responded ;>

and thank you supa, for helping me with choices on some of my pieces :>