I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BYE BYE CIRCUIT CITY, HELLO FREEDOM! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18683)

Mockery Oct 7th, 2005 12:55 PM

BYE BYE CIRCUIT CITY, HELLO FREEDOM!

Yep, today is my last day working for Circuit City. Starting tomorrow I will be working on I-Mockery full-time. It's crazy looking back on how long and hard I've worked to get the site to this point. Hard to believe it's finally here.

So a big thanks to all of you who've helped work with me on the site all these years. And thanks to all of you who've helped support the site over the years, whether it's just checking it out every week or sharing it with your friends or whatever.

As for what the future of the site holds, all I can say is I'm extremely excited.

:domo :imock :picklehat

KevinTheOmnivore Oct 7th, 2005 01:15 PM

Hey Rog, I don't mean to pry, but this is great news.

Does I-mockery.com really bring in enough revenue for you to get by? That's friggin great to hear, man.

Mockery Oct 7th, 2005 01:23 PM

How is that prying? You're one of the oldest members on I-Mockery man... you've been around since we had our very first forums using that crappy old "InsideTheWeb" free message board service. It rocks that you're still around after all this time. And thanks for the congrats.

Anyway, yeah it does bring in enough revenue for me to cover my half of the living expenses each month. I'm hoping I'll be able to make the site grow much more so I can afford to pay I-Mockery's writers for each piece they write for it. While I'm not at that point yet by any means, it's definitely one o' my goals.

I'm just really happy cuz now I'm gonna be able to spend a lot of time on the big I-Mockery projects that I've been wanting to do for a while, but simply couldn't because I had a full-time job.

Zomboid Oct 7th, 2005 02:49 PM

Congrats man, you deserve it.

Dole Oct 7th, 2005 02:50 PM

amazing rog. nice one! I expect to see you on the boards all day, every day now, replying to every single thread.

KevinTheOmnivore Oct 7th, 2005 02:55 PM

Especially Jonathan Clements posts.

Archduke Tips Oct 7th, 2005 07:14 PM

Congrats, Rog.

Blaber66 Oct 7th, 2005 07:56 PM

You know, since you don't have a Circuit City job...THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT CHANCE TO RELEASE A CLUB PACK!! *HINT HINT* :wank :whitepig

Ninjavenom Oct 7th, 2005 08:06 PM

Congratulations, nigga :O

Guitar Woman Oct 7th, 2005 08:57 PM

:bestthread

Marc Summers Oct 7th, 2005 09:07 PM

Now is the time for a celebratory act in which all will partake in joyful merriment.
:rave

ok

Black Flag Oct 8th, 2005 09:05 AM

you should go public

sadie Oct 8th, 2005 11:57 AM

rog, you have restored my faith in the american dream.

kellychaos Oct 8th, 2005 12:06 PM

Congrats, Rog! I just get this feeling that I should probably contribute more than inane posts. :/

deAdeNdz Oct 8th, 2005 01:28 PM

Congratulations bro...glad to hear you can finally do this....I've seen you do amazing things with this site over the years and you never cease to amaze! catch ya soon! I think Kabutos is in the future!

Mike Oct 8th, 2005 03:10 PM

Sounds like it's just what you needed!

Protoclown Oct 8th, 2005 04:10 PM

I've said it already but I'll say it again...congrats, dude!

Dole Oct 8th, 2005 04:36 PM

Rog has assured me that if all goes well with the site, all vets will soon be PAID to post here!

KevinTheOmnivore Oct 8th, 2005 05:07 PM

FANtastic!

kahljorn Oct 8th, 2005 08:27 PM

Congrats Mock, nice that your work is paying off. I'll do celebritory things that wont really involve you at all, but as far as life on this message board is concerned the next 48 hours of xanax taking pot smoking excitement is all for you maaan.

We call this Celebration the traditional, "48 hours in 4 hours fiesta".

Stabby Oct 8th, 2005 10:24 PM

Kudos to you!

Won't be long now before we're all complaing about how I-Mock Corp is running the country with all it's liberal media outlets and 68% ownership in the Mega Peeps conglomerate (peeps of course replace oil as the new fought over fuel source in fifteen years).

ScruU2wice Oct 9th, 2005 01:30 AM

When do you start your job at freedom?

EisigerBiskuit Oct 9th, 2005 07:46 AM

This is awesome. Congratulations!

I propose a march through the streets of DC throwing flyers and confetti.

Slinky Ferret Oct 9th, 2005 06:24 PM

I think this is what is required! :bestthread

Congratulations! I knew you'd get there one day! :)

I'm curious to see what will happen to the site from now on...

Chojin Oct 9th, 2005 07:45 PM

Hourly updates to the rog blog.