I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cleaning out the pantry/fridge/cookie jar/huh? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23175)

Angryhydralisk Dec 8th, 2006 12:57 PM

Cleaning out the pantry/fridge/cookie jar/huh?

Anyone ever had one of those days where you just clean out the old pantry or fridge and find all sorts of expired junk or food you would never expect to find?

If so, what's the longest expired thing you've found?

The worst thing you've found?

Eat any of the expired stuff?

It's kind of amusing to do if you live at someone's place, plus the extra shelf space is nice.

kahljorn Dec 8th, 2006 01:26 PM

we just did this yesterday actually

the worst thing we found was bacterialized scrump(shrimp).
except it wasn't shrimp!
It was pineapple.

Isn't it amazing that shrimp are born from rotting pineapples?

sadie Dec 8th, 2006 03:41 PM

we've got some veggies in the bottom drawer that have turned to squishy, liquidy yuck, and i don't wanna clean it up. :( but i need to. :( i don't even know what kind of veggies anymore. :( but i think they were cucumbers. :(

Angryhydralisk Dec 8th, 2006 03:52 PM

I've done this twice.

The first time was at my dad's place last year. Found a whole lotta canned foods and a jello mix pack that had been expired for over 10 years.

My aunt's is even worse, because judging by the labels, the stuff might have been there since the early 70s. Anyways, with that, I found a lot of old, stinky spices and a lot of expired mayonnaise. But I have four big jars of relish and a lot of salt to spare. Anyone need any?

I've never found anything that vile in my fridges, though. But one time a can of biscuits exploded in the fridge (Sounded like a shotgun blast) and when I went to look, I flipped out, saying "It's ALIIIIIIIIIVE! RUN!!!"

kahljorn Dec 8th, 2006 04:00 PM

one time anchovy juice spilled all over bisquits and everytime we would cook them I'd go, "tHESE TASTE FISHY" then we would remember and be disgusting and mad that we wasted bisquits and gravy :(

MarioRPG Dec 8th, 2006 06:23 PM

One time I left the freezer open a crack, and the freezies melted into the pizza.

FartinMowler Dec 8th, 2006 07:02 PM

I moved a fridge and thought I was looking at rice and a fuzzy peach that was actually maggots...

Yggdrasill Dec 8th, 2006 09:00 PM

Oh man I slammed downed a very expired sobe it was tart and delicious. Once someone was defrosting hamburger in the fridge and forgot it was there. It practically moved itself out when we found it.

zeldasbiggestfan Dec 9th, 2006 02:55 PM

This wierd ass blue fungus shit. Smelled horrible.

AngryTinyMan Dec 10th, 2006 03:53 PM

Once, while searching for some paprika in the spice cabinet, I found a huge tin of the stuff, and it felt nearly full. I opened the sprinkling end to get some out, hoping for its spicy goodness...but almost nothing came out.

I opened the whole tin, and soon discovered why: there were a bunch of dead bugs were inside the tin. Ew. We pitched it, and the stuff I had sprinkled that paprika on. It probably wasn't even paprika at all.

kahljorn Dec 10th, 2006 03:57 PM

prolly not what you thought was flaky paprika goodness was probably flaky roach skin/scabs :(

sadie Dec 10th, 2006 06:11 PM

still haven't done it. :(