I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   slither! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23259)

noob3 Dec 15th, 2006 05:07 PM

slither!

hive minded zombies!

STARLAA!!!!

Zomboid Dec 15th, 2006 05:09 PM

OWSUM movie. Wasn't as gross as I'd hoped, but still pretty good. The really really fat guy being assimilated near the end was pretty gross though :x

noob3 Dec 15th, 2006 05:27 PM

Well, I wasn't hoping it would be gross :p I was very satisfied!

"Oh just give me a piece of that possum over there!"

Mockery Dec 15th, 2006 06:33 PM

A fun movie and a step in the right direction for modern horror comedies, but still didn't live up to my expectations especially since they were saying it was heavily influenced by "Night of the Creeps" and "Slugs".

Grislygus Dec 15th, 2006 06:36 PM

I keep meaning to see it. I loved Eight Legged Freaks, so I'm bound to enjoy it.

noob3 Dec 15th, 2006 07:07 PM

eight legged freaks sucked

Grislygus Dec 15th, 2006 07:09 PM

Well, duh. What did you expect, Shakespeare?

Rabid Child Dec 15th, 2006 07:35 PM

Slugs is better then Eight Legged Freaks

Yggdrasill Dec 15th, 2006 08:25 PM

:love Nathan Fillion :love

Mockery Dec 15th, 2006 09:34 PM

Eight Legged Freaks was a fun movie. Plus it had Kari Wuhrer in it and I had a big crush on her back in the 80's when she was the punk rock chick on MTV's "Remote Control" game show.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Dec 29th, 2006 04:27 AM

Kari Wuhrer was hot in Sliders as well.

I liked Eight Legged Freaks, Slither was way better though and a great throwback to the fun horror films of yore. Back when B movies were still 'good'.

Grislygus Dec 29th, 2006 03:55 PM

My friends came up from California last week, and the last night that they were here it came up that one of them (the big cult movie fan, no less) hadn't seen From Dusk Till Dawn or any of the Evil Dead movies.

So we ran by the local video place and had a big horror marathon that ended with Slither. :)

NightOfTheLivingDon Dec 29th, 2006 04:34 PM

MacReady: It's obvious that the bastard's got lyme disease.
Pardy: What?
MacReady: Lyme disease. You touch some deer feces, and then you... eat a sandwich without washin' your hands. You got your lyme disease!
Pardy: And that makes you look like a squid?

Yeah, I have lyme disease, so that line was fucking hilarious. My friend Phil put some brownies in a sandwich and gave it to me. When I asked him what the hell it was, he said is was a deer feces sandwich like the one that gave me lyme disease.

I also liked the line when MacReady said "If I wasn't shittin' my pants right now, I'd be fuckin' fascinated."

I heard that James Gunn (writer/director who also wrote the Dawn of the Dead remake) never even saw Night of the Creeps. It was more Slugs and Shivers.

Cover to Cronenberg's Shivers. Same premise, but the parasites turn their victims into sex-crazed, violent zombies.

Look familiar?