I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Metallica Song (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3778)

kellychaos Jun 5th, 2003 11:52 AM

New Metallica Song

The first single that I've heard, "ST Anger", really blows. If, by tradition, the first single is the best song on the CD, I'm definitely not even going to waste my time buying it (I've heard they've made if "download proof" >: ). Another question while I've got your attention. When and why did James Hetfield decide he actually had the talent to sing (Re: Cover of Bob Seger's "Turn The Page") and continue to want to sing songs. The primal screaming in the first three albums or so was fine with me. Leave well enough alone.

Generator86 Jun 5th, 2003 01:33 PM

I didn't hear this song until about three days ago on the radio. God, how I laughed! Just further proof that any Metallica past 1989 is shit.

kellychaos Jun 5th, 2003 01:40 PM

Isn't that about the time most of them sobered up? If that ain't an argument for alcoholism and drugs. :)

The Retro Kat Jun 5th, 2003 09:26 PM

Shi mother fuckin yat. That was one of the crappiest Metallica songs ever. It made me laugh.

Geggy Jun 6th, 2003 09:17 AM

They've been sucking ever since they cut their hair short. It's gotta be the hair.

kellychaos Jun 6th, 2003 12:03 PM

It's like Sampson n' shit.

Ninjavenom Jun 6th, 2003 02:47 PM

The drumming is fucking ridiculous. I am still confident (moreso tenfold, now) that i can outdrum Lars Ulrich. I don't even play drums. ...yet.

executioneer Jun 6th, 2003 04:24 PM

:lol @ "download proof"

-willie

snake Jun 7th, 2003 04:14 PM

the drumming has always been bad becouse Lars Ulrich has never been especially good. He said himself that "black album"s drumming was mostly made up of samples.

As for the new Metallica.......................the albums after master of puppets had some good tunes......but St Anger pisses me off.
The new bassist looks like something straight out of a lame ass NU metal band like linkin park. The band has completely sold out and become NU metal shit. Wouldnt surprise me if next album, Hetfield starts to rap. What I dont understand is why though, they should have enough money by now........

fuck you metallica. You sold out you motherfuckers.

I heard they are going to do a stage performance with linkin parg, korn and Avril Lavinge, its gonna take a lot of fucking good music made before I respect them again....

if this post is more shit t then othre post its becouse Im drunk

Protoclown Jun 8th, 2003 05:09 PM

My god. I have heard this song now and it is worse than I ever could have imagined. And given the crap they've been doing for the past decade, I could imagine quite a bit.

Skulhedface Jun 8th, 2003 09:25 PM

Frankly, I'm ashamed at all of you that thought it might be better than the craptastic crap they've been putting out for the past 5 or so years. >:

Anonymous Jun 8th, 2003 10:51 PM

i heard it on my car with my windows down and going like 85, so i thought i was mistaken that it sounded like ass

i guess sometime i'll download it to try to prove myself wrong, since i really like load and reload

EvilDeadAsh Jun 9th, 2003 12:53 AM

Weakest track on the cd.

Blackjack Jun 9th, 2003 07:17 AM

I randomly saw Metal-lica live on MTV in the pub last night. Why was Hetfield trying to look like Fred Durst?

Metal-lica went to shit after Burton died - Even Justice isn't especially good. I haven't heard the new single but generally the feedback is very, very negative.

kellychaos Jun 9th, 2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
:lol @ "download proof"

-willie

Not my words. That's the way it was stated in the article I read although I'm not sure how they define "download proof". Although I agree (I think what you're implying anyway) that there is always a way to get around whatever protective encryptive measures they attempt to use, the fact that the attempt is being made in the first place pisses me off. In fact, this band has annoyed me ever since they went on their tirade against Napster. Also, the drumming on the song I've heard so far sounds like they're pounding on a tin can and any meaningful guitar solo is nonexistent. Whatever happened to that cool double-bass sound they were developing around the time of "... And Justice For All" ?

Anonymous Jun 9th, 2003 10:05 AM

AJFA was the very best of old Metallica, by far, in my opinion.

kellychaos Jun 9th, 2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
AJFA was the very best of old Metallica, by far, in my opinion.

As an entire album, I agree although some of my favorite individual songs came prior to AJFA. It seems that the AJFA was about the time they were perfecting the sound they were going for ... and then they changed on the Black album. :/

moonlitnight Jun 9th, 2003 03:20 PM

In my opinion the black album was a great one :)

Grazzt Jun 9th, 2003 05:11 PM

I've never liked Metallica. Let the stoning commence.

snake Jun 9th, 2003 05:38 PM

AJFA was a good album but the production is completely shit....the discant is threatening to blow my ears out each time I hear it.......why? Couse its produced by Hetfield and Ulrich....something they obviously did'nt know jack shit about. In my opinion "kill em all" is the best album, then MOP. It all went downhill after MOP.
:(

Rez Jun 9th, 2003 06:20 PM

i've never listened to metallica *shrug*

Blackjack Jun 9th, 2003 10:11 PM

I'm afraid there is only one Master of Puppets - the greatest album ever created. Otherwise, anything Metal-lica produced thereafter can burn in hell. Motherfucker.

noob3 Jun 14th, 2003 09:31 PM

If they had Cliff with them while they were actually making AJFA, it would of fucking destroyed any other album ever. It would have been like Puppetsx100. And I'm pretty sure he wrote most of that shit, too.

UNFORTUNATLEY, HE WAS DEAD. :tear

kellychaos Jun 18th, 2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob3
If they had Cliff with them while they were actually making AJFA, it would of fucking destroyed any other album ever. It would have been like Puppetsx100. And I'm pretty sure he wrote most of that shit, too.

UNFORTUNATLEY, HE WAS DEAD. :tear

Noob,

Do you think Dave Mustaine had any lasting lyrical influence on the band after he was booted out or was the style of the first three albums due mostly to Cliff ... or both?

CastroMotorOil Jun 18th, 2003 12:13 PM

kelly that depends on whether you ask anyone else or dave mustaine, he thinks he is responsible for basically all of metallica's success. he also claims to have originated a whole style of guitar playing, which pantera copied off of him. Even you don't like pantera, you have to admit dimebag is is own guitarist, whether he sucks or not is irrelavant. Mustaine is basically also claiming to be responsible for pantera's success.

I hate dave mustaine. Whiny bastard. :wah :wah