I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Protoclown (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4825)

AChimp Jul 25th, 2003 02:24 PM

Protoclown

That LXG comic was awesome. I want more. :(

Is there a Volume 2 that's out or coming out soon?

Royal Tenenbaum Jul 25th, 2003 05:48 PM

Can I borrow it? :/

crash0814 Jul 25th, 2003 06:59 PM

Shut up.

Poxpower Jul 25th, 2003 07:12 PM

Yes there is a second serie that is coming out, and "they" say it's worthy of serie of the year.
God, I wanna buy the first one so bad...

Rongi Jul 25th, 2003 07:19 PM

My LXG and Watchmen comics aren't coming in till August or September

:tear

Zero Signal Jul 25th, 2003 07:33 PM

Is it as good as the movie? :lol

AChimp Jul 25th, 2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

My LXG and Watchmen comics aren't coming in till August or September
Amazon.ca sent it to me right away. :/

Remember, the Chinaman is brilliant, but evil. ;)

Rongi Jul 26th, 2003 12:06 AM

There was a delay in my shipment for some weird reason :(

Royal Tenenbaum Jul 26th, 2003 12:03 PM

I still want to borrow it Chimp!

AChimp Jul 26th, 2003 04:54 PM

:O

Protoclown Jul 27th, 2003 06:53 PM

There is a second series, Chimp, the 6th and final issue of which comes out sometime next month. I'm sure it will be collected into a trade paperback that will probably be collected late this year or early next year.

And Zero, the "LXG" movie and the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" comics have about as much to do with one another as Lord of the Rings and football.

AChimp Jul 27th, 2003 11:24 PM

I want it now. :(

Royal Tenenbaum Jul 28th, 2003 07:26 PM

So do I. :( And I'll be seeing you in HR to get it. :)

Rongi Jul 30th, 2003 09:42 PM

Bump

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen came in today and it is simply ORGASMIC :love.

The characters are loveable, the story is briliant and unique, it's witty and charming. I just can't wait till the next volume comes out and until Watchmen comes in :love :love :love

Proto, you simply must reccomend me more 'graphic novels' :posh

Royal Tenenbaum Jul 31st, 2003 05:20 PM

If you want a great graphic novel you need to read "Ghost World." It's the bong room.

Rongi Jul 31st, 2003 06:47 PM

Is the movie any good?

Royal Tenenbaum Jul 31st, 2003 07:44 PM

Yes, one of the best cpmedies around.

Rongi Aug 8th, 2003 11:59 AM

Bump >:

Need...more...comics :hypno

Protoclown Aug 8th, 2003 12:06 PM

Rongi, I can ALWAYS recommend more stuff to you. I'm glad you liked "League" so much. I know you'll enjoy "Watchmen", I think it's Alan Moore's best work (that I've read).

I just read "V For Vendetta" (also by Moore) last week while on vacation and it's pretty awesome too. It took me a while to get used to the art, but the story is as brilliant as I would expect to come from Mr. Moore. I'm surprised they haven't tried to make a movie out of that, actually. It would certainly be easier to adapt to film than either "League" or "Watchmen".

I must admit that I've not gotten around to reading "Ghost World" yet (and it's cheap too, only $10), but the movie is wonderful.

If you haven't read any Sandman or Preacher yet (both were long ongoing series, 75 and 66 issues, respectively, but collected into trade paperbacks) you really owe it to yourself to check them out. Volume one of Sandman is "Preludes and Nocturnes", and the first Preacher book is "Gone to Texas". They are both fucking awesome for their own reasons, and remain the two best ongoing series I've ever read.

Rongi Aug 8th, 2003 12:11 PM

As soon as I am paid I will check into them both :posh

I was thinking about checking those out before, but I wanted your opinion before purchasing them. I can't wait till watchmen comes in. Fuckin' shipment delay >: