I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW MINIMOCK: "JASON TAKES MANHATTAN!" by -RoG- (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5239)

Mockery Aug 13th, 2003 11:49 PM

NEW MINIMOCK: "JASON TAKES MANHATTAN!" by -RoG-

As you already know, I'm really looking forward to seeing two of my horror heroes duking it out this Friday in "Freddy vs. Jason". Earlier this week I gave you a tour of what I consider to be 10 of Freddy's best kills. Now I've just finished a large 2-page feature on what is probably one of the worst (if not THE worst) Friday the 13th movies - Part 8 "Jason Takes Manhattan". The concept alone is absurd, but you've gotta look at all the crap that takes place in the film. So have fun watching Jason hack and slash his way through yet another cheezy flick.

JASON TAKES MANHATTAN!:
http://www.I-Mockery.com/minimocks/Jason-NYC

Enjoy!

-RoG-

Zomboid Aug 14th, 2003 12:55 AM

Best minimock in a while. That movie had so many fucked up scenes it has to be the funniest in the series.

Oh yeah, you know the mammoth cook plays jason in fvj, right?

Schimid Aug 14th, 2003 12:58 AM

I saved a few of the gifs. Funny as hell.

Geggy Aug 14th, 2003 12:59 AM

All of a sudden, part 8 has become my favorite epsiode of all friday the 13th films. good job.

the_dudefather Aug 14th, 2003 08:44 AM

part 8 is my favorite friday the 13th movie, due to its high level of chessiness

did anyone else notice the amount of steam in new york, every single new york scene had some. must be from the toxic waste you find lying around the sewers.

and as i mentioned before, the fact that time skips about 6 hours when the leave the sewer (midnight -> daylight)

Anonymous Aug 14th, 2003 10:11 AM

far as I can tell, the rom included with the review doesn't work. after you press start music plays and you get to stare at a black screen.

UtterParadox Aug 14th, 2003 10:22 AM

Heeheehee...

This review makes the movie sound so utterly cheesy that I now want to see it.

BTW: Comparing the years, I hate to say it, but the boxing match scene is likely just a rip-off of the previous year's Killer Klowns From Outer Space "You gonna knock my block off?" scene...

Mockery Aug 14th, 2003 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
far as I can tell, the rom included with the review doesn't work. after you press start music plays and you get to stare at a black screen.

No, that's just how the game is for some stupid reason. It sits on a black screen for like 30 seconds and then it goes into the game. I just tested it and it works fine. You just gotta wait.

You might have to hit the some of the buttons to get it to start once it's on the black screen, I'm not exactly sure though. But it does work.

Anonymous Aug 14th, 2003 01:42 PM

Apparently I'm retarded or it fixes itself after you wait for 10 days the first time you run it, but hitting a button at the black screen starts the game :<

this may be the best nes game ever

Mockery Aug 15th, 2003 12:06 AM

I love the music (though I did get a little sick of it after I used it in one of my site intros and heard it every single day hahah). But more importantly...

[center:18ee38aece]
TODAY IS FREDDY vs. JASON!!!
:party :party :party :party
:lol2 :lol :lol2 :lol2 :lol :lol2 :lol2 :lol :lol2
[/center:18ee38aece]

Zomboid Aug 15th, 2003 05:23 AM

Anyone who doesn't see it today should be BANNED >:

And freddy better kick some serious ass >:

Skulhedface Aug 15th, 2003 05:28 AM

I have to work today, so that only means one thing....

LATE NIGHT SHOWING!

Besides... anyone who goes to see this movie during the daytime is a puss.

UtterParadox Aug 15th, 2003 08:22 AM

I'd go see it, but having absolutely squat knowledge of either Freddy, Jason, their respective series, or French philosophy makes it impossible for me to fully enjoy it. Plus, I have obligations this evening.

Mockery Aug 15th, 2003 01:19 PM

Obligations? Your only obligation as a resident here on Earth is to go see this movie on opening night because it's more important than anything else you could possibly have to do.

the_dudefather Aug 15th, 2003 03:03 PM

i have to wait untill the 22nd (i live in the uk). not fair! (goes into tantrum)

lucky i will be i a state of non-internetness next week so not to spoil it.

Zomboid Aug 15th, 2003 11:02 PM

BEST MOVIE EVER >:

And freddy kicked some serious ass :love