I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Zomboid Aug 23rd, 2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 575555)
I never beat the giant baby...

I'm playing System Shock 2!

That's like level 8. Fuck you suck.

darkvare Aug 24th, 2008 03:23 AM

i just got sc 4 who want's to challenge me

Fathom Zero Aug 24th, 2008 11:17 AM

I'm still playing TF2. It's the only game I play anymore.

Guitar Woman Aug 24th, 2008 03:25 PM

I took a break from TF2 to try out Painkiller.

I'm not sure if I like this game because it's funny in a good way or a bad way. It plays like it's running on the fucking Tribes engine, and looks about like that, too.

But I love it.

MarioRPG Aug 24th, 2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 575598)
That's like level 8. Fuck you suck.

Yeah, I know. It's just not the same playing by yourself. I played that level for like 10 minutes and couldn't tell if I made any progress.

MetalMilitia Aug 24th, 2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 575707)
I took a break from TF2 to try out Painkiller.

I'm not sure if I like this game because it's funny in a good way or a bad way. It plays like it's running on the fucking Tribes engine, and looks about like that, too.

But I love it.

You probably just like it because Yahtzee said it was good. :rolleyes

Qwarx Aug 24th, 2008 06:58 PM

Donkey Kong 2: Diddy Kong's Quest on my Wii.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

JJ_Maniac Aug 24th, 2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 575740)
You probably just like it because Yahtzee said it was good. :rolleyes

Yahtzee's usually right.

Emu Aug 25th, 2008 03:43 PM

So, how DO Yahtzee's balls taste?

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 04:02 PM

like those of a man who has better opinions than you

Emu Aug 25th, 2008 04:06 PM

that's nonsense

we have the same opinions

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 04:07 PM

oh ok then

Emu Aug 25th, 2008 04:15 PM

It's amazing how Yahtzee mirrors my opinions so succinctly. It's as if I said them myself. Fantastic

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 04:48 PM

I get that too, but most people are like LOL YOU JUST WANT TO AGREE WITH YAHTZEE BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAG

JJ_Maniac Aug 25th, 2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 575911)
I get that too, but most people are like LOL YOU JUST WANT TO AGREE WITH YAHTZEE BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAG

50% of the time, they're right.

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 07:05 PM

I am a huge faggot, but that's not why I like Yahtzee's reviews.

Dr. Boogie Aug 25th, 2008 07:32 PM

He and I share a lot of the same opinions on games, but there are a few times here and there that I disagree with his conclusions.

Anyway, I've gone back to playing The World Ends with You. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of fighting on two screens at once.

Guitar Woman Aug 25th, 2008 07:53 PM

Thief 3!

The new interface and whatnot took a little getting used to, and the AI is still as piss retarded as the old games, but it's pretty fun :<

JJ_Maniac Aug 25th, 2008 07:54 PM

Dawn of War Soulstorm. S'okay.

bigtimecow Aug 25th, 2008 10:08 PM

i'm gonna pick up professor layton again; no idea why i stopped playing this masterpiece

BurntToShreds Aug 26th, 2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 575626)
i just got sc 4 who want's to challenge me

I do. My gamertag is the same as my name on the forum. Send me a friend request.

I've also been playing Audiosurf, which is awesome.

Zomboid Aug 26th, 2008 01:41 AM

Castle Crashers on Wednesday :O

MetalMilitia Aug 26th, 2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 575911)
I get that too, but most people are like LOL YOU JUST WANT TO AGREE WITH YAHTZEE BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAG

Well SOME people are just fags. I'm pretty sure had he not said Painkiller was good you'd be all like "ERR SINCE WHEN HAS KILLING AND ARBITRARY SELECTION OF MONSTERS WITH NO STORYLINE BEEN RELEVANT? :rolleyes".

As I think Zomboid pointed out before, you're like the video gaming world's equivalent of a scene kid.

Guitar Woman Aug 26th, 2008 01:49 PM

I think you just like being a big stick in the mud.

Also, it has a storyline, stupid

I mostly liked it at first because it wants to be Quake so hard they actually implemented the bunny-hopping mechanic, which I still can't get over, but getting into it a little more it's actually also pretty fucking awesome. The palace level is great.

Guitar Woman Aug 26th, 2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

"ERR SINCE WHEN HAS KILLING AND ARBITRARY SELECTION OF MONSTERS WITH NO STORYLINE BEEN RELEVANT? :rolleyes:".
Come to think of it, Half Life sorta fits this quote. Are you sure I wasn't talking about that?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 26th, 2008 02:05 PM

Yahtzee has a rad hat and a silly voice.

I recently downloaded Rhythm Tengoku Gold for the DS. Best rhythm game in a long time, but I definitely want the English release, because I was clueless on some of these games until I saw them on youtube.

MetalMilitia Aug 26th, 2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 576018)
Come to think of it, Half Life sorta fits this quote. Are you sure I wasn't talking about that?


Ohh sick burn.

Guitar Woman Aug 26th, 2008 02:41 PM

I think it has a pretty funky soundtrack, though!

Emu Aug 26th, 2008 03:15 PM

Persona 4 comes out in December. :)

King Hadas Aug 26th, 2008 03:20 PM

I just finished the port of Silent Hill Origins, I was surprised at it's quality both because it came from the Psp (I didn't realize the systems graphics were this good) and because the game was handled by an outside developer which gives me hope for five. Oh sure, they fucked up the aesthetics here and there

Spoilers!
and the storyline was also a little sophomoric, but otherwise I liked it a lot.

Emu Aug 26th, 2008 03:32 PM

SH0 deserves very little of the outrage it gets. I'm fairly certain that most of the assache over that game comes from SH purist who won't play anything that's been touched by filthy gaijin hands.

Guitar Woman Aug 26th, 2008 05:00 PM

I have no idea how anyone could be a PURIST who is OUTRAGED about anything in this series

MetalMilitia Aug 26th, 2008 09:24 PM

Just completed Battlefield Bad Company. It's a good game, just a shame it's not on PC. I've gotten much better at using the control pad but it still feels clunky and inaccurate. With any luck a real Battlefield game will be announced for PC soon.

ADDED: One other thing about BC is is has some of the best audio I've experienced in a game. All the weapons sound perfect and the surround sound works really well.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 27th, 2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 576026)
Persona 4 comes out in December. :)

I can't wait for Persona 3.75! :D

But seriously though, I can't get pumped for P4. I know the updates are all cool (AI partners can be turned on/off when you need it, you can pick up characters when they fall, etc) but I'm not ready to devote another 80 hours to an RPG yet :U

MetalMilitia Aug 27th, 2008 08:51 PM

I just tried the Turok demo. It was so much worse than I ever could have imagined.

I mean honestly, which genius came up with the idea of having the first 10 minutes of the game set in a can't-see-your-hand-infront-of-your-face-let-alone-the-hundreds-of-fucking-raptors dark cave with no flashlight.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 28th, 2008 04:04 PM

I started playing FFXI again for PC.

MetalMilitia Aug 28th, 2008 05:03 PM

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Don't really like it so far. It's a bit to "consoley" what with the whole "oh this state looks like it's missing something, better go find the something then unlock a key with which you may open a door blah blah". The fighting and animation is good though.

BurntToShreds Aug 28th, 2008 05:16 PM

I've been playing Kingdom of Loathing recently. I love the writing.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2008 12:48 AM

Started up Trackmania United Forever. Forgot how fucking hard United was.

Also, MDK and MDK2 are sitting on my harddrive, waiting to be installed. I loved the Dreamcast demo of the second game, but never tried the first. Anyone know if they're any good? I'm in the mood for some third person action.

MetalMilitia Aug 30th, 2008 01:26 PM

Motorstorm - Though I'm not a massive fan of racing games in general, I really like Motorstorm. It's kind of like Flatout's older brother. Though it is closer to a serious racing game it shares Flatout's sense of humor and desire to see other drivers destroyed in as spectacular ways as possible.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The co-op is pretty cool, but as a single-player shooter I have a few issues. Firstly that the game seems to take itself a little to seriously. The cut scenes seem to think they're re-telling an epic, film-like story but the fact is, it's really not very well written which detracts from the experience. The action is fine and there are a lot of nice touches but overall I feel games like Gears or War or the Half Life saga have more to offer.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 30th, 2008 02:28 PM

[quote=MetalMilitia;576509]

Resistance: Fall of Man - Firstly that the game seems to take itself a little to seriously. The cut scenes seem to think they're re-telling an epic, film-like story but the fact is, it's really not very well written which detracts from the experience. quote]


Worse than Brute Force?

"Ah, the thieves of thought" - talking about telapathic criminals.

King Hadas Aug 30th, 2008 07:47 PM

Origins has sent me on my tri-annual playthrough of the Silent Hill series, I'm doing them backwards so I've just finished four. Even though if you asked I'd probably say I hated it I don't think I've played any of the other games in the series as many times. There's something extremely appealing about the room part of the game that keeps me naively coming back. A bunch of bad game design choices keeps it from being really engaging though. This time I did notice something new.

Spoilers!


The other hauntings in the games are not as subtle and actually go as far as to physically harm you which is bullshit. There's so much to bitch about this game, maybe that's why I keep coming back to it.

Another thing I noticed this time through is that Henry has no friends, has pictures of a tourist town he visited a few times framed and plastered all over his personal space, and is also not sure if his shoes are his and if they are his they also came from Silent Hill.

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Aug 30th, 2008 08:03 PM

He could just be a loser.

He does watch his neighbor shave her armpits, after all. And don't Silent Hill protagonists have this habit of being gigantic morons, anyway?





I rest my case.

Fathom Zero Aug 30th, 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 576468)
Anyone know if they're any good? I'm in the mood for some third person action.

MDK is probably one of the fastest, smoothest third person action games I've played, right up there with Max Payne.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 31st, 2008 02:36 AM

Yea, I just jumped right into the sequel, just because I figured it'd have aged better. I really dig it so far, but I'm not crazy about playing as the Professor, mostly because I can't quite find a solid key configuration.

WhiteRat Aug 31st, 2008 07:21 PM

Having started my save file in March 2006 I finally finished Grandia 2 for Dreamcast today. Overall it was a pretty good game even though I don't quite remember some parts near the beginning.

Guitar Woman Sep 2nd, 2008 10:04 PM

Silent Hill 3

It's like someone took everything that sucked about the first two games and kicked them in the ass.

I'm about thirty minutes in, out of bullets, completely lost, and surrounded by fucking meat monsters and split headed dogs

and I LOVE it

It's not what I'd refer to as "scary" yet in the same sense that the School, Sewer, or Hospital from SH1 were scary, but they really nailed the atmosphere. I just wish it had actual widescreen support, and that I could map more than one function to the same button.

MYSTERIES still arise now and then, like why Harry Mason is the only character in the series who doesn't seem to be worried about breaking a nail while bludgeoning shit.

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 10:22 PM

Snatcher for Sega CD. So for I like what I see.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2008 11:27 PM

Downloaded Bionic Commando Rearmed for PC this afternoon. Just got to the final level. Fuck yes, Hitler. Prepare for head explosions.

Guitar Woman Sep 3rd, 2008 11:27 PM

So I was going to complain about SH3 re-treading old ground when it went back to Brookhaven Hospital from the second game. But then I got to the nightmare part and am not going to say that. I will ponder why I'm in this particular hospital, however, since I thought Alessa was kept in Alchemilla.

My only gripe at this point is how unsatisfying the melee combat is; in the original game I had a fucking great time running around with my firehammer SCHLUCKing monsters and watching them writhe around in pain, but every monster here seems to be made of wood and thus repels my weapon with an unsatisfying "click." The camera's not really a team player when I back up into a corner, either, but I'll write that off as intentional and necessary for dramatic tension.

Also, what the fuck was a giant morning star doing in the sewer?

OxBlood Sep 4th, 2008 01:57 AM

Hm, from today Spore, tomorrow Infinite Undiscovery I guess...goddamn mail.

King Hadas Sep 4th, 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 577531)
Also, what the fuck was a giant morning star doing in the sewer?

After that room if you explore the passages a little bit you can find a dead end where if you examine the garbage piled up in the corner heather says something to the effect, "the body's been completely crushed what could of done this? Is that what that thing was used for..." (there isn't actually a body present here, I'm not sure If that was a glitch or if I just missed it).

Silent Hill 3 probably has the best overall presentation in the series, it definitely has the best voice acting. I really like Heathers reactions to things when she examines them, It's actually somewhat realistic. It also has the coolest secrets and, I think, more unlockable items than the rest of the series combined. This is my favorite Silent Hill.

Emu Sep 4th, 2008 06:51 PM

It's not a body, it's a locker that's been bashed in.

Esuohlim Sep 4th, 2008 07:18 PM

Wind Waker :eek

MetalMilitia Sep 4th, 2008 07:22 PM

Started playing TF2 again today. I'd forgotten how good it is. Especially with all the new achievements.

Ploxtrot Sep 4th, 2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 577724)
Started playing TF2 again today. I'd forgotten how good it is. Especially with all the new achievements.

Too bad most of the Heavies got those achievements from bot servers in the first week of the update.

Guitar Woman Sep 6th, 2008 08:05 PM

Why are final bosses in Silent Hill games such fucking bullshit?

HEY, GUESS WHAT COMPLETELY NORMAL PERSON WITH THE STRENGTH OF AN AVERAGE HUMAN, YOU GET TO FIGHT GOD NOW

I HOPE YOU'VE BEEN HOARDING AMPUOLES


Anyway, 3 was certainly better than the first two, but I can't help but be annoyed at how underdeveloped the story was, especially near the end. I knew slightly more than I did about Silent Hill at the beginning of the game, but there are a lot of things that I wanted an explanation for and didn't get. It seemed really rushed at 5 hours long, too, but that's probably because I usually just ran past everything to save bullets for boss fights. Plots in this series seem to have real problems in the same places every time; they have potential to be really good, and the formula of big plot points revealed in cutscenes and details filled in with chaff scattered throughout the levels works the way a Metroid Prime game does, but they leave so many ends untied in the story that I have no feeling of closure after beating the game, or they just don't fucking tell me enough about what's going on. Silent Hill 2 is probably the worst offender, here; the vanishing letter was cool, and I actually really like the story in summary, but the way they tell it is so stunted and incomplete that it takes away from the experience monumentally. The crappy acting and dialogue is another problem that affects my enjoyment of the plot, but 3 really only had a few flat lines, mostly from Vincent. So, improvement there.

So, yeah, I think that's what I really hate about Silent Hill; it's got potential to be the greatest and most artistically important series of video games ever made, and it's wasted so casually that I have to be mad about it. Three comes the closest out of all of them; it's filled with incredibly neat ideas, such as Stanley's creepy as fuck diaries and the confessional scene, which was nothing short of brilliant. The Nightmare Church was also one of the coolest looking video game environments ever, and one of the most atmospheric. Loved the valve monster torturing the nurse at one point.

I'll still try out 4, later; I consider SH3 one of the best games I've ever played despite the big "fuck you" it throws me in the story department at the end, and I'm interested to see how a series that's on such a promising road to greatness could jump the shark like everyone complains about. It might actually be good and y'all are a bunch of whiners, who knows!

MarioRPG Sep 7th, 2008 04:36 PM

I finished Super Paper Mario, after about a year on standby.

Nick Sep 7th, 2008 05:59 PM

Super Paper Mario is the worst in the series. All the characters were far too simplistic. :(

Pub Lover Sep 8th, 2008 12:39 AM

I started playing threoughjt the Silent Hill series At the same time as ,my glorious fuckbuddy up there, but I got really screwed up while playing one (I mean who the hell forgets to pick up the key from the hospital basement?) and with no progrerssive save logs, I wasn't in anymood to start over from the start.

So I'm playing Harvest Moon for the gamecude again. This time I'm playing for mad money & my character is secretly black.

IU'm a pimp & my cows be my whores, yo.

Guitar Woman Sep 9th, 2008 07:22 PM

Ok, so after a horrendous first impression, I actually like SH4 a lot.

It's not scary or terribly atmospheric, and again everything seems kind of rushed, with everyone I meet getting murdered sometime within the next 20 minutes. But for some reason I'm intrigued and don't want to put it down.

Gameplay isn't horrible, and it certainly has better melee combat than previous installments.

This part is just awful, though. I got stuck for a whole minute on one wall guy who wouldn't shrink back after knocking me over.


yeesh.

I like Henry for how soft-spoken he is, but the standard "moron syndrome" affecting Silent Hill protagonists showed itself during the part where he asks a woman covered in her own blood with numbers carved into her chest, "Are you ok!?"

I really like the chick living next door to him, too, but if experience has taught me anything it's that any character in Silent Hill I like will end up getting killed :<

WhiteRat Sep 9th, 2008 10:14 PM

Mega Race for Sega CD. The expected blast of nostalgia from the dos version did not happen as I expected.

Esuohlim Sep 10th, 2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 577722)
Wind Waker :eek

This might be my favorite Zelda game by the way :(

Hopefully I'll actually finish it this time for once

pac-man Sep 10th, 2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 578821)
Mega Race for Sega CD. The expected blast of nostalgia from the dos version did not happen as I expected.

That game was tits. The interstitial scenes with the wacky announcer were the epitome of everything that was right about the FMV era.

executioneer Sep 10th, 2008 03:31 AM

hahah megarace

that's the first game i can remember not being able to play because my computer was too slow :x

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 11th, 2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 578245)
Why are final bosses in Silent Hill games such fucking bullshit?

HEY, GUESS WHAT COMPLETELY NORMAL PERSON WITH THE STRENGTH OF AN AVERAGE HUMAN, YOU GET TO FIGHT GOD NOW

I HOPE YOU'VE BEEN HOARDING AMPUOLES

How is that different from any other survival horror game that requires you to save up ammo and health packs in order to make it through?

Guitar Woman Sep 11th, 2008 06:48 PM

Because Silent Hill gives me a retardedly limited amount of ammo and health kits that I need a fucking spreadsheet to manage properly. If you take a meathook in the face from Dr. Salvador a few times, whoops, there go your medkits for the second half of the game, better not fight any more monsters. Resident Evil doesn't do this, there is ammo and health fucking everywhere.

I had to restart 3 at the Mall when I got to the gigantic worm boss and could only beat him in the mouth with a rusty pipe because I'd been shooting monsters, allowing him ample opportunity to chew on my pasty ass. I'm also having to replay the game from the beginning because I never could beat the final boss with no health kits left from tooling around in the church, and only one or two shotgun shells. The other bullshit part is how the God's attacks will hit you no matter what, so instead of working out a strategy you just have to shoot the hell out of it while patching yourself up if it hurts you too badly, in a textbook case of what I like to call "Diablo Syndrome."

The game is made way, way less scary by forcing you to run past everything so you have bullets and health left for boss battles. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for wanting to shoot the hulking meat monster trying to knock my head off. I'm certainly not going to try and melee anything, especially those big guys who buy their boots in the sixties, lest I want a gigantic club of flesh beating me upside the head and proceeding to shove huge bits of bone into me.

That also scared the shit out of me the first time it happened :<

Guitar Woman Sep 11th, 2008 07:06 PM

Oh, Silent Hill 4 also removes this complaint by having a) Way, way, way, way better melee combat, and b) no boss fights.

I think the second one is a little stupid, but I do appreciate being able to perforate monsters with nary a second thought about how the boss is probably going to rape me because of it.

I guess you could look at that as the town "evaluating" you; i.e., the more violent you are, the nastier it is on your character. It's still bullshit, but that's a pretty cool thought.

Dimnos Sep 12th, 2008 12:02 PM

SH 4 is the room right?

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 12:13 PM

Re-playing Pokemon Diamond.

Guitar Woman Sep 12th, 2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 579243)
SH 4 is the room right?

Yeah.

This is actually my favorite Silent Hill so far, although I have a feeling I should make a habit of not mentioning that in public.

I have no idea what the hell everyone's problem with this game is, it's fucking great. Adds extra dimensions to 3, too, because I'm visiting a bunch of the culty locations mentioned in that one.

Iíve also noticed the bloody rabbit from SH3 hanging around. Thereís a hot air balloon shaped like his head visible flying around over Ashfield at one point, and the doll of him in Elieenís room periodically changes position until itís facing you and pointing directly at the peephole.

Emu Sep 12th, 2008 03:43 PM

SH4 isn't bad, it's just extremely repetitive. I'm probably not spoiling anything for you by telling you that you do have to play all of the "zones" two times over the course of the game with very little changed.

In fact I'm sure the game would've gotten a much better reception if it had been made as a Silent Hill spinoff instead of a numbered Silent Hill. A horror game that shares parts of its mythos with the main series.

Fathom Zero Sep 12th, 2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobzire (Post 579244)
Re-playing Pokemon Diamond.

Guess who's not playing Pokemon Diamond?

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 04:04 PM

Everyone over twelve excluding me. yeah, yeah.

Fathom Zero Sep 12th, 2008 04:17 PM

No, just Guitar Woman.

Dimnos Sep 12th, 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579257)
Yeah.

This is actually my favorite Silent Hill so far, although I have a feeling I should make a habit of not mentioning that in public.

I have no idea what the hell everyone's problem with this game is, it's fucking great. Adds extra dimensions to 3, too, because I'm visiting a bunch of the culty locations mentioned in that one.

Iíve also noticed the bloody rabbit from SH3 hanging around. Thereís a hot air balloon shaped like his head visible flying around over Ashfield at one point, and the doll of him in Elieenís room periodically changes position until itís facing you and pointing directly at the peephole.

I was going to get that one when it came out but a friend beat me to it. I thought I would just borow it from him when he was done and save the money. I played it a little of it over at his place and I thought it was great. I didnt like 3, that was the one with the girl right? 1 and 2 were the best but i still havent played much of 4 yet.

Oh and pokemon games are the gay.
:posh

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 04:35 PM

Insulting a game designed for children will not bring you half as much enjoyment as I will get from playing it.

pac-man Sep 12th, 2008 04:45 PM

Yeah, the real fun is in insulting the children.

wobzire Sep 12th, 2008 04:47 PM

That is superior to any game.

pac-man Sep 12th, 2008 04:51 PM

I've been playing Eternal Sonata in a rush to finish it because its mainly just collected dust since I got it and played it for a few hours. The visuals are pure saccharine and my buddy's girlfriend wants to borrow it when I'm done because it's "soooo cute!"

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 12th, 2008 04:52 PM

Final Fantasy XI. Level 23. Long way to go.

Guitar Woman Sep 12th, 2008 05:23 PM

I was thinking about where the fuck my copy of pokemon diamond was this morning, Fathom!

Guitar Woman Sep 12th, 2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

I didnt like 3, that was the one with the girl right?
I liked 3, but it was really trying too hard to scare me most of the time.

I suppose it's better than 2, which didn't try at all. I'm not particularly squeamish, either, thanks in part to the internet, so I guess it's just scarier if you're not familiar with 4chan horror images?

Dr. Boogie Sep 12th, 2008 06:20 PM

"4Chan made me into a man.":posh

Zomboid Sep 12th, 2008 06:28 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Guitar Woman Sep 13th, 2008 01:52 AM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It's fucking great, fyi.

Knife hit detection seems a little wonky; one of my favorite things to do is wound dogs, give them a head start of about 10 seconds, then bolt after them, hunt them down, and stab them when I get up alongside them. This doesn't work as awesomely as I'd like it to, and I usually just end up getting frustrated and shooting them.


I also tossed a grenade into a trio of patrolling soldiers, and in response to this about 5 more came marching down the road to take out the starting camp.

While they were skirmishing with my homies, I snuck up behind them and blew the hell out of them with the shotgun. It was awesome.

The graphics engine is also really impressive. I get absolutely no slowdown in a retardedly big game world that is all present at the same time, save for the shrubbery which appears about 40 feet in front of you.

And the game looks good.

JakeOfAllTrades Sep 14th, 2008 09:38 AM

Got to play a bit of Final Fantasy III, found the Mage's robe, a Fire Staff, and an Ice Staff. Does anyone know what level I should be at for the Tower of Owen? LOL, the Tower of Owen, I used to know a guy called Owen and trust me, he was no tower...

bigtimecow Sep 14th, 2008 01:26 PM

...

Guitar Woman Sep 14th, 2008 03:21 PM

:lol

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 579293)
I was thinking about where the fuck my copy of pokemon diamond was this morning, Fathom!

I can't seem to find it.

I have extreme trouble mailing things, anyway. I haven't forgotten your address though. I still have the letter.

Do you even have a DS?

Guitar Woman Sep 14th, 2008 03:26 PM

I borrow my sister's.

It is pink, the most manly color.

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2008 03:35 PM

Obviously. I'll mail it when I mail it.

Trust me.

Perhaps I will give it to you for Christmas!

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades (Post 579418)
Does anyone know what level I should be at for the Tower of Owen? LOL, the Tower of Owen, I used to know a guy called Owen and trust me, he was no tower...

At first, I was like:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow
...

But then, I was all:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades (Post 579418)
LOL

Also, gamefaqs :V



I've been playing Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles the last two days. It's not that great of a game (could the jumping be any worse? GodDAMMIT.) but I never played Symphony of the Night, and people love the shit out of that, so I unlocked it and gave a shot. The lack of map is frustrating me.

Dimnos Sep 14th, 2008 04:53 PM

lol I picked up Castlevania: SotN off xbox live and have been kicking that around.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 14th, 2008 04:54 PM

You'll get the map soon enough :rolleyes.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 04:58 PM

Oh fuck me. The select button is a map.

It's times like this that I wish some games had a little annoying man to explain shit to me :(

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 14th, 2008 07:57 PM

I thought you meant getting a full map :(

Dr. Boogie Sep 14th, 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 579459)
Oh fuck me. The select button is a map.

It's times like this that I wish some games had a little annoying man to explain shit to me :(

Well the next time something like that happens, just imagine there's an annoying little man standing right next to you, saying "read the fucking manual!"

Nick Sep 14th, 2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579504)
Well the next time something like that happens, just imagine there's an annoying little man standing right next to you, saying "read the fucking manual!"

I was thinking the same thing.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 14th, 2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 579504)
Well the next time something like that happens, just imagine there's an annoying little man standing right next to you, saying "read the fucking manual!"

Pirated games don't come with manuals :(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.