I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2007 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698238)

Captain PirateFace Nov 21st, 2007 03:46 AM

Can I be added? I am down with this sound baby!

RaNkeri Nov 21st, 2007 08:24 AM

I don't really mind sending a gift to US or Canada, but Europe's fine for me, at least it won't take as much time for it to be mailed. As long as the one receiving the gift is an active/old forum member I don't really care where he lives.

aj2217 Nov 21st, 2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 511854)
I was just about to comment on that. Last year a bunch of people came outta the woodwork just to participate in this and it looks like the same is happening now. This is exactly why people are saying they wanna pair the newer people together and the "vets" together.

Some of us aka me have been fans of I-Mockery for a long time but never felt the need to use the forum.

And also, what's with all the "he", aren't there any "she's? here? :x :P

Mockery Nov 21st, 2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain PirateFace (Post 511860)
Can I be added? I am down with this sound baby!

Sure, as long as you go through all the requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj2217 (Post 511872)
Some of us aka me have been fans of I-Mockery for a long time but never felt the need to use the forum. And also, what's with all the "he", aren't there any "she's? here? :x :P

It's not that new forum members haven't been on I-Mockery.com for a while, most new users have been on I-Mockery for years from what I've seen. The simple fact is that a lot of the people who have been on the forums for a while are worried that they'll get screwed over by a new forum user who just happened to sign up for a Secret Santa event. So that's why we're pairing new users with other new users. It's a good way to keep everything balanced and let everybody have fun with the event. And yeah, there are female members here, several of whom are participating, but it's never been a secret that there are way more male forum members heheh.

MarioRPG Nov 21st, 2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 511857)
Ditto on not caring about being matched with a fellow Canuck. Geographical locations may be an issue to consider for the Europeans in the crowd, if there are any.

:rock:rock:rockCanada rox!
I don't care who's paired up with who. Last year some of the new people gave some pretty bitchin gifts, although I understand the hesitation because a couple of them... didn't.

AlliSabbah Nov 21st, 2007 04:38 PM





Here I am in all my shyness.

Gah now I cannot look forward to getting a handwritten book of quotations from Max Burbank. What will I do now?

poppers620 Nov 21st, 2007 05:01 PM

im a chick and I am participating!

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 21st, 2007 11:33 PM

How do you post a pic here? On the only other Forum I just post the link to it and the pic appears in the post. But I can't post the pic without it being so massively large, that only half of the pic will appear. I tried the 'Insert Image' link, but it ignores my picture altogether. What to do?

Chojin Nov 21st, 2007 11:58 PM

You have to use IMG tags and point it at a URL, like so:

Code:

[ img ]http://www.i-mockery.com/lol.jpg[ /img ]
Only you wouldn't really have the spaces in the [ img ] tags.

Poppers, welcome back!

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 22nd, 2007 03:54 PM

p://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z34/JackSchmidtKnifeThrower/HHNCarnival051.jpg"

See? It only shows up horrendously large, or the same size in a link. Only thing I can think of is, I use PhotoBucket, maybe this forum dosen't work well with it... I can't think of anything else. It works fine on the other forum, but there is a different system here. AND THE 'INSERT IMAGE' BUTTON still does nothing. Is a link O.K.? or does it HAVE to be posted-posted directly on here?

MarioRPG Nov 22nd, 2007 04:11 PM

That's small but neat.

Mockery Nov 22nd, 2007 04:57 PM

32 people signed up so far, but only 17 confirmation emails have been sent to santa@i-mockery.com. Send those emails in if you haven't already.

AlliSabbah Nov 22nd, 2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchmidtKnifeThrower (Post 512056)
p://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z34/JackSchmidtKnifeThrower/HHNCarnival051.jpg"

See? It only shows up horrendously large, or the same size in a link. Only thing I can think of is, I use PhotoBucket, maybe this forum dosen't work well with it... I can't think of anything else. It works fine on the other forum, but there is a different system here. AND THE 'INSERT IMAGE' BUTTON still does nothing. Is a link O.K.? or does it HAVE to be posted-posted directly on here?


I use photobucket and mine is showing up fine. The IMG tags are missing so that might be the problem. Also I noticed theres a few boxes with the code pre done for you with tags and everything. Just get the one that allows adding to message boards and you should be all set.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 22nd, 2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlliSabbah (Post 512085)
I use photobucket and mine is showing up fine. The IMG tags are missing so that might be the problem. Also I noticed theres a few boxes with the code pre done for you with tags and everything. Just get the one that allows adding to message boards and you should be all set.

I have put the [IMG] on and, it ussually comes on automatically, but I tried putting it on manually, and it does the same thing just shows a link but with [IMG] on either end. I tried the link for both 'Forum' witch I ussually use, and 'Message Board' and neither work.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 22nd, 2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 512068)
32 people signed up so far, but only 17 confirmation emails have been sent to santa@i-mockery.com. Send those emails in if you haven't already.

Mine is one right?

EDIT: Okay, my Test Letter is ready to go, I could not send it out today, due to the fact that it is Thanksgiving, but it will go out FIRST thing tommorow, since I am going to the stores for 'Black Friday' early.

AlliSabbah Nov 22nd, 2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchmidtKnifeThrower (Post 512088)
I have put the [IMG] on and, it ussually comes on automatically, but I tried putting it on manually, and it does the same thing just shows a link but with [IMG] on either end. I tried the link for both 'Forum' witch I ussually use, and 'Message Board' and neither work.

Not sure what it could be. maybe you should try another picture or if you want I can pm you my email address for you to send the pic ytoo and I can try it on my photobucket account for you. id hate to see you miss out due to technical errors.

Jixby Phillips Nov 23rd, 2007 05:02 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE I THINK

Chojin Nov 23rd, 2007 05:34 PM

jack, check your profile settings to make sure you have vBcode turned on.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 23rd, 2007 07:45 PM

As far as I know it is.... Anyways, Mockery, I sent out my Letter today, you should get it soon.

Vila Nov 24th, 2007 12:39 AM

I'm in.... I think.


saltshakermaniac Nov 24th, 2007 10:07 AM

I want to get in on this, sounds like fun. I'll have the picture up latter today the e-mail with my info will sent out latter as well.

Dauss Nov 24th, 2007 10:26 AM

Euhh...

Seems like I'll have to pull out this year. I can't arrange for a camera, and I'm moving next week, so I'll have no time.

Sorry for being a nuisance, I'll come back next year with my own camera.

Have a nice time playing this year guys. :D

aj2217 Nov 24th, 2007 12:24 PM

Victory! I stumbled across a shop today with an amazing collection of insane toys :love

doopa Nov 24th, 2007 03:13 PM

:obeyok I'll do it

Uncle_Sham Nov 24th, 2007 06:31 PM

Fuckin, Eh. im from good ol, canada so who ever i get is getting a shit load of snow and maple syrup.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.