I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2007 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698238)

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 28th, 2007 02:34 PM

Me too.

Mockery Nov 28th, 2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vila (Post 512667)
Let me know if my RL letter dosent get there on time will ya?

Your letter got here on the very last day, as did Captain Pirateface's. So you two both barely made it in hehe.

Anyway, I'll be sending out everybody's Secret Santa assignments sometime today/tonight, so keep an eye on your forum PM boxes and get ready to do some holiday shoppin!

AlliSabbah Nov 28th, 2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 512705)
Your letter got here on the very last day, as did Captain Pirateface's. So you two both barely made it in hehe.

Anyway, I'll be sending out everybody's Secret Santa assignments sometime today/tonight, so keep an eye on your forum PM boxes and get ready to do some holiday shoppin!

Yahoo. Hurry thought my friend I only have a few hours to shop :) Its late here.

aj2217 Nov 28th, 2007 06:33 PM

Since I don't "know" anyone from the forum, old or new, I took the liberty to buy everything as I found it in shops. And I'm very happy with what I bought, and I hope the person receiving my stuff will like it as much as I do ;D

Secret Santa Event Admin Nov 28th, 2007 08:08 PM

ATTENTION ALL SECRET SANTA EVENT PARTICIPANTS!

All of your assignments have been sent out! Check your forum inbox and look for a PM from me to see who you need to send your Secret Santa gifts to!

And don't forget the deadlines!

SENDING YOUR GIFT OUT DEADLINE: DECEMBER 5TH

POSTING PHOTOS OF THE GIFTS YOU RECEIVE DEADLINE: DECEMBER 20TH


Ho Ho Ho.

Zomboid Nov 28th, 2007 08:55 PM

oh man my person is awesome. I should have fun getting stuff for them.

MattJack Nov 28th, 2007 09:28 PM

is it legal to send shit through the mail system?

AlliSabbah Nov 28th, 2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 512738)
is it legal to send shit through the mail system?

You have single handedly made me happy to be in the new catagory.

Thanos Nov 28th, 2007 09:52 PM

Oh Bloody Hell... I think I missed it by a day. Damn my busy life in the real world! This is what I get for being a bank manager. There must be someone who still needs a gift.


Mockery Nov 28th, 2007 10:02 PM

Thanos, if another person pops up (such as Misdemonar, who was having trouble sending our her address confirmation email) I might be able to set you two up for a mutual exchange. But that's about the best I could offer... and it's something the two of you would have to work out since you're a new user and you never sent your verification snail mail letter on time either.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 28th, 2007 11:17 PM

Sweet! Now the fun begins. Huzzah!

Misdemonar Nov 28th, 2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 512744)
Thanos, if another person pops up (such as Misdemonar, who was having trouble sending our her address confirmation email) I might be able to set you two up for a mutual exchange. But that's about the best I could offer... and it's something the two of you would have to work out since you're a new user and you never sent your verification snail mail letter on time either.


aw, man, that ruins the magiiiiic :(, do I really have to do a non-surprise exchange? my email isn't working.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 28th, 2007 11:30 PM

I had an Idea. Anyone think it would help for getting gifts to send if people post their specific likes/dislikes? I just can't find an easier way of finding out what others are interested in, other that reading post, after post, after post... I know this idea is going to get 1 of 3 different responces. Responce 1, "Yeah, that sounds good. I like......". Responce 2, "No way, that is the stupidest idea I have ever heard! And I have heard some of Peter Griffin's!" Or, the most common, Responce 3"_________ ". (Completely getting ignored.) (again). I just thought it would prevent something like the story I heard from Secret Santa's Past, The 14-year-old getting a Cigar. I don't know... Any thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry Misdemonar, that bytes.

AlliSabbah Nov 29th, 2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchmidtKnifeThrower (Post 512749)
I had an Idea. Anyone think it would help for getting gifts to send if people post their specific likes/dislikes? I just can't find an easier way of finding out what others are interested in, other that reading post, after post, after post... I know this idea is going to get 1 of 3 different responces. Responce 1, "Yeah, that sounds good. I like......". Responce 2, "No way, that is the stupidest idea I have ever heard! And I have heard some of Peter Griffin's!" Or, the most common, Responce 3"_________ ". (Completely getting ignored.) (again). I just thought it would prevent something like the story I heard from Secret Santa's Past, The 14-year-old getting a Cigar. I don't know... Any thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry Misdemonar, that bytes.


You can do what I did and just wander a local store looking for strange and/or decent enough items. Although my first choice of a rabid weasel was rejected when the post ofice threatened to have me arrested if I didnt get it out of there. Oh and I like X-box 360s and Playstation 3s. I will stress. I repeat I will stress strongly that I do not like Tranny and black man porn. No sir I do not like it at all. Oh and I also do not smoke or drink well I drink but not alcohalic beverages. oh crap never mind now Im rambling......

Mockery Nov 29th, 2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misdemonar (Post 512748)
aw, man, that ruins the magiiiiic :(, do I really have to do a non-surprise exchange? my email isn't working.

Sorry, but I constantly sent you notices 'n stuff but never got your info in time and we had to move forward. I can assign you to that one new guy (Thanos) who's running late... sure you know WHO your secret santa is, but you don't know what he'd get you. You'd both just have to get stuff for each other.

Let me know if you guys want to do that and I'll send you guys your assignments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchmidtKnifeThrower (Post 512749)
I had an Idea. Anyone think it would help for getting gifts to send if people post their specific likes/dislikes?

No. Do NOT even bother doing this at all. Secret Santa is all about the SURPRISE factor of what you're getting. Will it be good? Will it be lame? Who knows. That's the risk you take and it's all part of the fun. This event isn't about who gets the best gifts... it's about having fun sending somebody some gifts and seeing them post about 'em here on the forums. If you're in this to get great shit for yourself, you're in it for the wrong reasons.

Misdemonar Nov 29th, 2007 02:06 AM

fuck yahoo :(

Grislygus Nov 29th, 2007 03:18 AM

Just sent mine.

Mockery Nov 29th, 2007 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misdemonar (Post 512778)
fuck yahoo :(

Agreed, email problems suck, but that doesn't answer my question. Would you like to be paired up with Thanos? He's looking for a person to exchange with since he was running late due to his job.

RaNkeri Nov 29th, 2007 09:07 AM

Just came from shopping. Going to send my gifts tomorrow.

aj2217 Nov 29th, 2007 10:52 AM

Well my person lives on....the same planet XD Yeah, sending out my stuff saturday! I hope it will arrive in time, with all the christmas mail and such... :x:hypno:)

AlliSabbah Nov 29th, 2007 11:09 AM

I just sent mine about an hour ago. Should be there by this weekend. Heh shipping cost me about sixty cents more than the actual gift or gifts.

MarioRPG Nov 29th, 2007 04:07 PM

I'll get mine out on monday or so... Tomorrow if really unlikely.

Mockery Nov 29th, 2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 512742)
Oh Bloody Hell... I think I missed it by a day. Damn my busy life in the real world! This is what I get for being a bank manager. There must be someone who still needs a gift.

I just received a confirmation letter from saltshakermaniac. It was 2 days late, so if you two want to do a gift exchange, I can help set it up. Just lemme know.

JackSchmidtKnifeThrower Nov 29th, 2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 512770)
No. Do NOT even bother doing this at all. Secret Santa is all about the SURPRISE factor of what you're getting. Will it be good? Will it be lame? Who knows. That's the risk you take and it's all part of the fun. This event isn't about who gets the best gifts... it's about having fun sending somebody some gifts and seeing them post about 'em here on the forums. If you're in this to get great shit for yourself, you're in it for the wrong reasons.

Oh, Sorry. Dide'nt think of that. I am new and pretty stupid sometimes. I did not mean it that way at all. :\ I just stupidly though of trying to get within the realms of things of persons interest. Sorry, And I am in NO way "In this to get great shit for myself", that's Certainly not what I could possibly expect, or the reason I joined. Damn, I dide'nt event think of that. I dide'nt even think of Weird/Strange/Gag gifts for some reason. And this is the I-Mockery Forums. Geez...I feel like a total Idiot now. Whatever, Just wanted to apologise, so...Sorry, again.

"You can do what I did and just wander a local store looking for strange and/or decent enough items."

Thanks, thats probably what I'll probably wind up doing. Like I said before, this IS I-Mockery after all.

Misdemonar Nov 29th, 2007 05:09 PM

I will toatally take thanos


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.