I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   EPA Scientists & Workers Call for an End to Water Fluoridation Because of Cancer Risk (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704920)

TheCoolinator Aug 7th, 2010 11:00 AM

EPA Scientists & Workers Call for an End to Water Fluoridation Because of Cancer Risk
 
Quote:

Eleven EPA employee unions representing over 7000 environmental and public health professionals of the Civil Service have called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people. The unions acted following revelations of an apparent cover-up of evidence from Harvard School of Dental Medicine linking fluoridation with elevated risk of a fatal bone cancer in young boys.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/h...ide090105.html
:lol

No really.....Sodium Fluoride is good for you.....

The Leader Aug 7th, 2010 12:36 PM

So what is it, fluoride or "chemical wastes" that contain it that cause cancer? That website's discription and the one on the NTEU chapter 280 website of the issue differ. MAYBE THEY CAN'T GET THERE FACTS STRAIGHT EITHER! :x

TheCoolinator Aug 7th, 2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 694467)
So what is it, fluoride or "chemical wastes" that contain it that cause cancer?

They are one and the same.

Dr. Boogie Aug 7th, 2010 02:03 PM

Sodium fluoride is good for you.

No, really.

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2010 05:50 PM

Sorry, your 'facts' have failed to convince me, what with me being alive and all after 30 something years of drinking tap water, brushing my teeth 2 times a day, and showering in the stuff daily.

Chew on those facts Coolie

Tadao Aug 7th, 2010 06:33 PM

Funny how it only effects young boys, couldn't be anything else but tap water!

The Leader Aug 7th, 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 694468)
They are one and the same.

But one of the sites referred to them as separate things.

kahljorn Aug 8th, 2010 05:58 AM

this time im convinced

Colonel Flagg Aug 8th, 2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 694467)
MAYBE THEY CAN'T GET THERE FACTS STRAIGHT EITHER! :x

Indeed.

Quote:

Other major studies have reached the opposite conclusion, including a 1995 study by the New York State Health Department that found fluoride exposure does not increase the risk for childhood osteosarcoma.
Looking at such localized groups ALWAYS carries a risk that other environmental or social effects could be coming into play. Even Freud admitted that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Quote:

[...] the Environmental Working Group does not oppose fluoridated toothpaste because most fluoride in toothpaste is not ingested.
Keep brushing! :lol

Pentegarn Aug 8th, 2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 694528)
Indeed.



Looking at such localized groups ALWAYS carries a risk that other environmental or social effects could be coming into play. Even Freud admitted that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.



Keep brushing! :lol

You forgot this one at the end, and it was a gem

Quote:

Originally Posted by article
“I think the industry realizes that the public may not make the distinction,” Wiles said. "If fluoride gets a big black eye in tap water then the public is going to wonder about this fluoride in my toothpaste.”

Hear that Coolie? You are part of something!

That something is the public

In other words, you are the sheep you claim not to be and acted exactly as projected by the experts

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2010 08:39 AM

I like where this thread has gone.

Quote:

"The public are generally morons" says fluorologist Dr. Trevor Peter. "I wouldn't trust them to organise a shit in a brothel. No doubt some loony out there thinks that fluoride in your toothpaste is unhealthy. The tit."

MLE Aug 8th, 2010 10:42 AM

SOURCE!

TheCoolinator Aug 8th, 2010 08:53 PM

yawn*

Colonel Flagg Aug 8th, 2010 09:12 PM

We don't share his worldview, so he sticks his fingers in his ears and sings.

I was going to offer him a better alternative than Tom's of Maine for a fluoride-free toothpaste, but screw that now.

Pentegarn Aug 8th, 2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 694567)
yawn*

I think you spelled "Sorry guys, I was wrong and should have listened" wrong

Colonel Flagg Aug 8th, 2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 694571)
I think you spelled "Sorry guys, I was wrong and should have listened" wrong

The "*" was for all the other missing letters.

Pentegarn Aug 8th, 2010 09:56 PM

:lol

You win the internet sir!

RaNkeri Aug 9th, 2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 694569)
We don't share his worldview, so he sticks his fingers in his ears and sings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"



:lol

Blasted Child Aug 9th, 2010 03:48 AM

I remember once way back when I was but a silly teenager, I was going to a disco but had run out of deoderant, so in panic I smeared toothpaste under my armpits. It really started to burn after a while, so I'm inclined to chime in with Coolie here and say that toothpaste is evil

Zhukov Aug 9th, 2010 03:55 AM

Haha, that's awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE
SOURCE!

The boundless pastures of my imagination.

Colonel Flagg Aug 9th, 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasted Child (Post 694603)
I remember once way back when I was but a silly teenager, I was going to a disco but had run out of deoderant, so in panic I smeared toothpaste under my armpits.

Go to a doct- ... I mean an holistic medical practicioner immediately. They will probably diagnose you with Pit Cancer, and start you on a rigid therapy of rubbing pumice stones all over your upper torso and lymphatic system, which will of course include your nether regions.

Win-win, I say.

EDIT: The stones may be a bit too rough in places - maybe there's an option to use massage oil or organic whipped cream instead.

Dimnos Aug 9th, 2010 01:27 PM

Tea tree oil dude. Its cures everything.

Supafly345 Aug 10th, 2010 05:39 PM

You see crap like this all the time, there is a National American Association of Doctors council that is fighting against obamacare, but its really a propaganda group with 2 doctors and 30 public relation officers as members. But they still get to say "LOOK WE ARE A GROUP OF DOCTORS YOU MUST LISTEN TO US."

Flouride may very well be dangerous, and these people might be doing legitimate research that will someday produce results to confirm their claims. But right now they are nothing but a authority by numbers fallacy claims PR group. As soon as you read something like "group representing 7000 people" as an argument, sirens should be going off in your head. I even did a google search to look for the ONE SINGLE PAPER they reference (since they don't provide a link to it) as proof in research, but I couldn't find it anywhere. All they provide is multiple formal letters from (I assume) important names demanding that flouride must be taken out of drinking water.

To put this all in perspective, there is a large group of people out there who are don't believe that microorganisms cause disease. They have a flotilla of doctors and healthcare professionals who are constantly fighting to 'change the system' for the good of mankind. Names as big as Bill Maher are on this boat, spending tons of money to prove it. And they have just as much evidence: fallacy ad populi and appeals to authority. Just because lots of people, and lots of important people beleive something doesn't make something more believable unless they have the proper data.

People don't like to think they are being manipulated, I understand that, and the idea that flouride was put in our water as some social experiment years ago perks up the ears of many people, without offering proper evidence.

I know, I know, TL;DR
But here's some truth: evidence may some day agree with you and everyone will go "OH SHIT THEY WERE RIGHT" and you'll feel real smart for knowing it all along. But in reality you were an idiot right up until the moment they found evidence, then you became lucky.

kahljorn Aug 10th, 2010 07:18 PM

some of the letters referenced studies that had been done by other people :(

for the most part they were studies which he has already brought up on this message board... like, the rats that got cancer injesting the same amount of fluoride as humans would :lol

Geggy Aug 11th, 2010 05:33 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.