I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Movies with the best soundtracks (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9611)

Command Prompt Feb 21st, 2004 09:31 PM

Movies with the best soundtracks

One of the best parts of a really good movie. Says I

1. True Romance

Highlight: when Alabama and Clarence were pulling into Cali on the LA Freeway during Aerosmiths's Take Me To The Other Side.
Also, wins best use of Viens Mallika Sous Le Dome Edais in a movie so far to date. :troutslap

2. Goodfellas :eek

Highlight: The main theme is an original song so it doesn't really count, but it fucking ROCKS, especially when they were playing it when Pauly was slow motion shooting the black guy.

3. Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs/Kill Bill Part 1

Tarantino can pick soundtracks and he knows it and like to rub it in our faces.

Highlights: Uh, all of them

4. The Matrix

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING awesome. >:

Highlights: ROB FUCKING D.

5. Almost Famous

Highlights: I really want to tear up when they are all sining Tiny Dancer on the bus, but my dad will kick the shit out of me if I am ever caught :(

6. Dazed and Confused

Hightlights: Uh, all of them. Okay, Lowrider and Paranoid.

Stabby Feb 21st, 2004 10:30 PM

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Actually most Cohen brothers movies have awesome soundtracks

Rongi Feb 21st, 2004 10:30 PM

I 2nd that

ScruU2wice Feb 22nd, 2004 12:26 AM

All the Tarantino movies i've seen had music that blew me away, especially Kill bill

Poxpower Feb 22nd, 2004 03:51 AM

Star Wars

Jixby Phillips Feb 22nd, 2004 04:41 AM

Re: Movies with the best soundtracks

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Mariachi
4. The Matrix

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING awesome. >:

You're a fag :lol

Up the Acadey has an awesome soundtrack. In fact, it's the only good thing about the movie. The album doesn't have "Surrender" by Cheap Trick, though :(

Kill Bill has an amazing soundtrack.

I like the soundtrack for Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy a lot. It puts me in a good mood.

The Wet Hot American Summer soundtrack is great, but you have to make it yourself.

The Rushmore Soundtrack and the Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack are amazingly awesome. I bought the albums, but I made new versions with the Rolling Stones songs that never make the CD in there.

I really love the Clerks soundtrack. The Mallrats soundtrack not as much, but it makes me nostalgic for the 10th grade.

FartinMowler Feb 22nd, 2004 09:20 AM

just a quick list off the top of my head

Hard Core Logo
Good will hunting
To live and die in La
O brother where art thou
trainspotting

Ninjavenom Feb 22nd, 2004 10:37 AM

Terminator :o

Zomboid Feb 22nd, 2004 01:33 PM

A Clockwork Orange, An American Werewolf in London, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Blade Runner and Maximum Overdrive.

Big McLargehuge Feb 22nd, 2004 02:13 PM

Desparado and The Big Lebowski

Command Prompt Feb 22nd, 2004 02:16 PM

ATTENTION GEYS WHO SAY THE TERMINATOR AND STAR WARS

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK AND ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE

Royal Tenenbaum Feb 22nd, 2004 02:17 PM

Boogie Nights, Magnolia. Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Bottle Rocket... lots of great soundstracks.

Mockery Feb 22nd, 2004 02:50 PM

Matrix Revolutions
Kill Bill - Vol. 1

There's plenty more, but those are the two I've been listening to most lately.

Zomboid Feb 22nd, 2004 03:37 PM

"The Lonely Shepherd" and "The Grand Duel (parte prime)" from kill bill kick so much ass but I can't remember specifically where they were in the movie:(

sports Feb 22nd, 2004 07:14 PM

Cabin Fever.

• Red Blood
    Deputy Winston's theme

There's another original theme (3 themes in movie), can't think of it at the moment.

Die, Redneck, Die- Music you hear off and on during the movie. When the Hicks are chasing Bert, it's that music. Kicks ass.

Highlander

Queen--enogh said.

Rongi Feb 22nd, 2004 08:52 PM

How could I forget?

200 motels has the best soundtrack ever

ScruU2wice Feb 22nd, 2004 11:53 PM

Shaft

that movie made me hate all white people for a three month period :lol

Big McLargehuge Feb 23rd, 2004 12:36 AM

I thought you were a white hating arab already anyways :/

Anonymous Feb 23rd, 2004 12:45 AM

You're thinking of Protoclown.

Bobo Adobo Feb 23rd, 2004 02:50 AM

Superfly soundtrack - done by Curtis Mayfield(I've already mentioned this in the Music forum)

Tarentino films allways has good soundtracks - Reservoir Dogs is classic.

O Brother Where Art Thou. I'm surprised, being how big this album was, that Bluegrass music never gets any radio play.

teh_mastar! Feb 23rd, 2004 02:50 AM

High Fidelity.

Dole Feb 23rd, 2004 05:17 AM

Fire Walk with Me has a fucking amazing soundtrack, incredibly well recorded and very atmospheric. Woody Allens soundtracks are always spot on also, if you like that kind of music.

bartman Feb 23rd, 2004 08:50 PM

Back to the Future...Huey Lewis, Huey Lewis, Huey Lewis

Mr. Vagiclean Feb 23rd, 2004 10:25 PM

Akira

Kelly's Heroes had that lovely whistling and that song about London Bridge collapsing :(

South Park the movie :)

Fight club

WorthlessLiar Feb 24th, 2004 02:14 AM

re

A lot of these have probably been mentioned and there's some stuff I forgot but here goes:

Lord of the Rings - I didn't think you could still make an epic Orchestral score that didn't sound generic, The Red Violin, Requiem, For A Dream, Pi, Snatch, Fight Club, 28 Days Later, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Lost in Translation - Kevin Shields :rock, The Virgin Suicides by Air, Kids - haven't seen the movie but Slint is cool.