View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:25 PM       
Nah, I tried to give it a fair chance. But I just don't see much development. It's like a series of short stories in the form of time periods, linked together by a common threat throughout all time. It's an interesting concept, sure. But it just wasn't executed all that well.

The worlds are small, and the NPCs lacking. Sure, you're supoosed to take all the periods as being one big world, but it gets annoying having to jump through time over and over, rather than flying around one big world.

To be honest, I just think the main problem is they made it so small, so you could run through and get all the endings. And that just makes it less enjoyable, because so much could have been added, but at the risk of making it longer.

And I hate the battle system. Selective/forced battles that require you to exit the screen and come back is an OK concept. But like everything else, there's not enough of it. You can go through and fight like 4 battles on a screen, and then you have to leave and come back to reset the monsters. It gets tedious when you're trying to upgrade your characters or get money.