View Single Post

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:13 PM       
For my formal synopsis: (perhaps minor spoilers)

Much better than RELOADED, but it still leaves much to be desired. The most non-conclusive ending to a trilogy I've seen. Seemingly, the Wachowski brothers didn't have the fantastic finish we've all been waiting for, so they kind of just lop it off. It kind of leaves you hanging. Almost like there's little closure. It's not like the end of the first one, with the "what's going to happen now type deal", it's just like a "that's it?" kind of ending. The thing I got to give RELOADED credit for is that the ending totally ruled, and left you hanging. This had nothing of the sort.

It seemed more or less like the W.B. had too much to jumble together, too many plots and sub-plots at the end, that they kind of tried to fit it all into one package and please everyone, but ended up accomplishing very little. They're seriously lacking in character development. Characters are introduced and lopped off with absolutely no warning (for example, there may be some sort of "major" character that you simply don't see again- for reasons unknown). Also, towards the end, the WBs didn't try to gradually wind down the plot. Instead, they had a consistently developing plot (more questions being asked than answered), until the last 5 minutes, when suddenly everything is supposed to ravel up into a nice little package. The execution was horrible. Not to mention so many of the important questions were left unanswered; the movie time was instead devoted to things that really didn't flow well.

Despite my harsh overtones about the ending, the entire movie was fun to watch (Although a bit George Lucasey for me at parts - trying to dazzle you with lights and special effects to take your mind off the important issues at hand). Very action-packed, and I would recommend watching it. But you just might be scratching your head at the ending.

(Note: Did anyone else find it hilarious that the only Asian man on the ship was the best "gunner" in the video game like sequence of killing the sentinels?)