View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
Once is enough, what the hell kind of economist are you going to make if a simple chart graphing two totally disperate sets of facts against each other with no attempt to explain a correlation is meaningful to you in any way? I can't believe you have the audacity to fault other people for posting bad writting. Giving to charity vs, voting for President? Which charities, what household percentage of giving, who's the governor, what's tha average individual donation how many donations, what were the giving statistics in years the states voted democrat, who did the research, how was it done? You realize, don't you that the comparison graph was posted by pundit who did NO RESEARCH at all as to causal correlatives here, right? That the graph is absolutely without any merit in any argument at all and that if I was teaching a high school research class and got that graph I'd have given the kid a D becuase he made an effort but in no way understood what research was?

See, I think you actually DO know all that. I think you hold the avergare intelligence here in disdain, you underestimate it, and you think you're somehow scoring points by being an agent provocateur. I hate it when people play stupid, especially people who aren't as smart as they think they are to begin with.