View Single Post
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Another repulsive trait of this article is that it seems to think that the president is to blame for this. Try again - our friend Greenspan leads the economy far more than those in other offices. Let's not forget that Bush came in on a recession.
You should review your first grade primer, because your assertion clearly shows you can't read. The article doesn't blame Bush - explicitly or implicitly - for the state of the American economy. What it does indict him for is the crime of fudging facts (I would say 'outright lying') about the state of the economy. In uncertain times like these days of terrorism, war and flagging economic fortunes, American citizens would no doubt appreciate a President who has the courage to speak plainly about the poor state of affairs. At the very least, this would give the public a clear picture of the problems facing the U.S. and, having identified the problems, empower people to move on to formulating effective strategies to get the country back on its feet. Instead, Bush, with his pronouncements, seems to be playing typical Washington election year politics, too scared to go before the American electorate and talk plainly to them about the challenges facing the country. Funny, given he sold himself in 2000 as a outsider who would ride into town and clean up Washington.

I think you should stay at the kids' table this year during Thanksgiving.