View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:57 PM       
IF it had an ICBM and IF I had some concrete evidence that it intended to use it agressively and not just for deterence like everybody else, than YES, I'd probably feel different.

But yhou can play stupid ass games like that all day and its pretty useless.

What IF sadam has no weapons of mass destruction at all, what IF all US clims to the conttrary are lies, What IF sadam has had a mjor change of heart and spend all day now painting unicorns and rainbows.

Oh, and I forgot to answer your statemnt aabout governments having secrets they couldn't reveal that we had to trust them about.

I don't agree. I can think of tons of historical ezamples to the contrary, and since actual transperancy has NEVER been attempted, I don't think there's any way to argue the counter case. I do NOT trust my government blindly, I think it is my duty as an American not to and I think the founding fathers worked very hard to build the ASSUMPTION that tgovernment should not be trusted blindly into the concept of divided powers. I concider it my patriotic mduty to demand that whoever the President is, he is rigorously questioned. That's what freedom of the press is for, that is tyhe responsability every administreation tries to subvert and it's wht CNN is giving away like Logo T-shirts. TRUST my ass! Trust is anti-american.