Thread: FAHRENHEIT 9/11
View Single Post

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by conus
Quote:
Iraq, last i heard is 55% children under 15yrs old. and some people on the right are talking about nuking them still.. just insane.
Yes, but those children have dark skin and speak another language. There wasn't much public outcry when when several thousand Panamanians wound up as "collateral damage" when the U.S. invaded that country to capture their errant crony Manuel Norriega. A big percentage of them were children, as well. How do you think the American public would have responded had Norriega been hiding in Sweden, and had the children killed by U.S. airstrikes had blonde hair and blue eyes?
I find the age comments interesting. Alot of these kids are not their numeric age and are just as efficient at killing than people twice their age. I don't think their "color" has anything to do with it. I've seen pictures with soldiers gunning down a 9 year old but they don't show you the 6 people that 9 year old just gunned down. Sometimes I think the lefties put sympathy over survival which is just wrong. You gotta balance your sympathy with some common sense some times.

I am probably going to wait for video on this one. Mostly b/c I am broke but also because I think Moore is extremely far gone and sometimes his logic jumps leaps and bounds to make a point rather than sticking to facts and making a reasonbable interpretation of them, ie. the infamous golf course scene. But I am glad it is fueling the younger crowd to be more politically involved no matter what side they take.