View Single Post

Raize is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 09:45 PM       
Also wanted to note that this is mainly about performance rather than security. A lot of self-described geeks like to talk about Firefox and nixing IE, but this actually gives them an opportunity to abandon IE and WMP altogether, going with a more streamlined version.

I'm working on a modification to my ISO that actually lets me also package Word, Powerpoint, and Excel with this setup since the size is only about 300 meg for the installation files. Yes, you read that right, 300 meg. But it doesn't include the latest DirectX nor does it have all the other drivers that XP normally comes with. Which really isn't a problem, because it does have all the network drivers a regular installation of XP has, so you can download the latest via-4-in-one drivers or video card drivers after you get it installed.

Gaming-wise, you'd only need to load the latest DirectX and then install whatever game you wanted to play. And I'm certain you'd enjoy the quicker response and better handling you'd get, even with a sub-par video card.