Thread: NO WMD
View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 02:10 AM       
"Right, but how am I baiting. . ."

Baiting in that you are deliberately provoking the mindless conservative puppets into an argument they cannot win.

". . .since this whole war is now be presented as a humanitarian, G.I. Joe kind of thing to do. . ."

In a way, it is. Some good is being served despite the ulteriour motives of our elated politicans, and that will hopefully make our efforts in that region of the country worth it. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I desperately want to believe that those men and women paying the ultimate cost for freedom will not die in vain.

"The purpose for this war has been shifted around many times, and I think it's important to stay focused."

Focus in war is to win with as few casualties and possible.

"Yes, first rule of office, but that doesn't change the fact that many people don't agree with you or I."

Truth exists despite the disbelief of others, or so I tell myself.

"Who's "we"?"

The ones on this board who actually vote.

"When the corporate media, as it has already begun to do, starts drowning us with images of Iraqis thanking Marines for bombing them"

They aren't thanking us for bombing them, they are thanking us for striking at the chains of the totalitarian regime which bound them. Just because our actions aren't pure, doesn;t mean no good can come from them.