View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
If Hollywood affected my thinking, I would be a liberal. Thus, I am not.
So ... OK ... that WAS kind of funny.

Quote:
I love the general assumption that you don't believe that I can deal with THIS reality. Trust me, I have a nice frim grasp on the world around me. I want to and have had to.
The "this" I was referring to was the woman of the story. You don't know how to truly empathize with her and it shows. That comes with experience. You try to give it this big rambo-izing. She's a person, Vince. That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Thank you for helping to keep this county free and safe.
Thank you ... but you're still not getting my Bud Light.

Quote:
So, I should STFU because I am only relaying my own experiences with using weapons, talking and listening to my family who served in the military in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and GWI? I shouldn't listen to my co-workers who were in the military and in combat? I shouldnt talk even thought I have had experiences with using weapons to defend myself? I guess I should just not talk about what I have experienced, seen and heard. I have never been in combat, but I know about protecting myself. Sorry if that upsets you about my "Hollywood" influenced life, but the truth is truth.
Yeah, well I used to go deer hunting a lot as a teenager. Trust me, it's different. Funny, I don't like to pick up weapons or hunt anymore. It's not that I've become some big syrupy liberal or anything. I just take it a lot more seriously than I used to. Somehow I imagine you playing paintball on the weekends with your buddies. Trust me, though. I still know how to use a weapon but you can bet that if I pick up a weapon I won't be "playing war" and it won't be paint. That's the difference.

Wherever you go, there you are.