View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM       
Well, you might not agree with my argument, but it's hardly an invite to start bashing Israel with non-sequitor accusations. Anyway, you view this as a Republican vs. Dems issue, when it was the Republicans and Fox Broadcasting who made this a front page issue.

Quote:
Zogby's a towelhead... You probably shouldn't quote his polls. His brother used to run CAIR, y'know..
Speaking of CAIR - their Washington offices are located in a property owned by Sheik Maktoum, who also owns a controlling equity in Dubai Ports World. He's also the UAE Defense Minister. In 1999 he provided cargo planes to Al-Qaeda camps for hunting trips, and a UAE plane when a portion of the Royal family went to visit Bin Laden in Kandahar. This happened 2 months after Bin Laden attacked our Embassy in Africa, using Emerate banks for financing.

Do I think Arabs can modernize? Depending on what you mean by modernize, I think they already have for the most part...in places like the US, Israel, and the EU. They do just fine in Westernized culture when they want to, but you're talking about modernizing, not westernizing. Globalization isn't going to modernize third world countries. So what if they can buy a can of coke and go to their job at outsourced ATT call centers giving technical. Arab States have financial interests in all areas of the US economy, and it doesn't make them any more loyal, comprimising, etc. Modernization does not breed tolerance, or assimilation. The heretics will only use these tools against us, because they see them as products of evil. The problem in countries like the UAE is that they are Islamic loyalists, that run their nations like a business. Why should I care how modernized these Muslims countries become while they treat women as second class. How modernized can you be in a country that enslaves young boys to the camel jockey trade? Economic growth really isn't the the issue or the solution.