View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 08:45 PM       
"If you call in-breeding a method of cultivation that would make those genes "superior"."

Most hybrid plants are a cross between two inbred plants that boast superior vigor and disease resistance.
Dogs in the wild inbreed, hence packs.

Not all domesticated dogs are inbred, and generally they have two animals fuck that are of good genes(this usually means different litters). That's why the dogs that are more valued are the ones with supposed perfect genes(i can't remember the name for it, it might be phenotype?). Inbred dogs don't have perfect genes, hence, in the dog breeding world they are practically worthless.
As far as breeding anything goes, varied superior genetics are the way to go if you want to create something "new and amazing".

If you say they are inbreeding because they breed similar types of dogs with similar types of dogs to get the best of that type of dog, you are sort of saying every time a human fucks another human they are inbreeding because they have some shared genes. If all the different breeds of dogs were genetically identical to themselves they would be clones.

The idea with breeding anything is that you mix two animals together that have traits you want(usually completely different traits, for example with plants you might breed a high yield plant with a fast maturing plant), I understand you're assuming that once they make the type of animal/plant they want they clone it repetitively and inbreed them, and somehow there's no varied genetics in there and that's why every dog born is a horrible mutant. This is hilarious.

P.S. next time you go to buy a new dog or cat from a cattery or doggery please pay mind to notice that often times they will have what they call, "Breeder quality". These are those "Superior genes" that they mix with other "Superior genes" to make "Superior gened offspring". Technically this would mean that an inbred male animal would be unlikely to be used as a "Stud". If you breed shitty genes with shitty genes you get shitty animals that die easily from diseases and other problems, if they come out alive at all.
I'm trying to be as objective as possible with the way i phrased some things and used quotations at other parts, so please don't ride my ass on semantics unless you look for those...