View Single Post
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
Day two!

We arrived in time to see Disfear first. They played high-speed rock n' roll, with the original singer, not thom lindberg (as far as i know, you tell me) and they were pretty cool. The guitarist on the right swatted away some photographer and looked pretty angry afterward, which was kind of annoying because even if they photographer was getting up in his grill, he wasn't playing anything but simple powerchords anyway, so it seemed kind of dickish. Funny enough, everyone else in the band seemed very swedish in their politeness and composure.

Next up was Severe Torture, who were actually way better than i originally expected. The riffs they wrote were actually kind of suffocationy, but the sound in general actually was like a less treble-filled Autopsy. They were definitely way better live than when i heard them on CD. Some guy brought his kid to the show, and the third picture there was supposed to be a picture of the little fellow throwing the horns when the singer announced the song (something or other about Jesus Christ and fucking him), but i think he only did it cuz everyone else did. Either way, it was cool. We also met up with my friend Cindy and her friend from NY, which i mention, just coincidentally, because that will be her kid in another 7 years. How fucking cool would it be to tell people at school that you went to see Severe Torture and Pungent Stench when you were like 8?

Unholy Grave played third, and they were as close to Discordance Axis as we're ever gonna get. Lightning fast politico-grind from 3 insance jappers. They fucking annihilated.

Cattle Decapitation went on after Unholy Grave and took forever to set up, but no one minded when they started to play. Except the drummer, anyway, who for some reason, was unable to play his drums until forced to by his other bandmates. The different in sound could not possibly have been so great as to throw off the jams, and no one in the crowd seemed to notice, so whatever. The singer went absolutely berserk, and it was awesome. The last picture is from the site EWS linked to and it depicts me making a goofy face behind and to the right of the guy with the Death shirt.

Necrophagist played next, and the wait for them was like 40 fucking minutes, but absolutely worth it. They obliterated, and the crowd went entirely insane. The house was packed wall-to-wall for them, and everyone really seemed to dig them. I kept plowing into some chick up front and eating some guy's hair, but i didn't give a shit, it was totally worth it. Their set drained me of every last bit of energy i had to be up front. Sorry the pics are so disappointing.

Pungent Stench! They were awesome, but most of my pictures didn't come out cuz we were back by the merch tables for their set. They played everything i wanted to hear except Shrunken and Mummified Bitch, which is by far my absolute favorite. The singer calling their music 400% Rape Rock was a definite highlight, though.

We left before Dismember played, which kind of sucked because Skin Her Alive is one of my favorite songs of all time, but we didn't have the energy to stay through their whole set just to hear that one. Now i kind of wish we had, but Cindy and her buddy needed a ride home anyway, so we left.

So, yeah. It was boss, and i walked out of there with some good photos of Demilich on their last tour ever, and a bootleg of the Discordane Axis DVD. Adpet walked out with, among other things, a demo CD called DEFECATION IS INEVITABLE, by far the best album name ever.