View Single Post
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM       
I've been watching this one from the sidelines for a while, and I think Geggy is getting more of a ball-busting from you guys than he deserves.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist. I consider myself a cynic. I question pretty much anything the government tells me, and assume they are virtually always lying, at least in part, with every public utterance.

Was the government behind 9/11? I don't know, and frankly, I don't give a shit. We will never, ever know, just like we'll never know for sure who killed Kennedy, etc., etc. But it's really not as absurd an idea as some of you like to make it sound.

I'm sure at least some of you have heard of Project Northwoods. For those of you who haven't, it was a plan put together by the Pentagon back in the early 60s. The idea was to engineer "terrorist" attacks- completely inside jobs, perpetrated against Americans by their own government- to garner support for an invasion of Cuba.

This is not conspiracy nonsense. This is well-documented, irrefutable fact, and easy to find on the web. It made it all the way to the Joint Chiefs of Staff before it was finally shot down.

The point is, if they were seriously formulating plans for this sort of thing 45 years ago, why is it such a silly notion now?