View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
if that's all you get from my posts. But no, I think you've missed the point every time you've read something I've written because you apparently have some sort of strange filter built up in your mind to translate "what I say" into "what I really mean".
Let's look at what you've really said then. This was in response to my statement that terrorism is deeply rooted in modern Islam:

" That just seems so wishy-washy.

"I'm not saying every Muslim is a terrorist, but if there weren't any Muslims, there wouldn't be any Muslim terrorists *wink wink nudge nudge* I'm not a bigot at all!"

There are prevailing themes and links, and to try and lay it all at Islam is shortsighted, ignorant, and maybe just a tad disingenuous, though it is incredibly easy and convenient to think of it in those terms.

If you're wondering what else there is to blame, try power. Plain and simple. Religion may be a tool, but power is the goal. Zarqawi was just a thug in a Jordanian prison until he met a cleric who showed him a better route to power. Before he died, he was urging Sunnis to step up the fight against Shiites. Can you tell me where in the Koran it says you're supposed to judge or kill other Muslims, or is this conflict maybe not really about Islam at all?"

See, this is why I made the "immature" comment below, primarily because you can't deal with Islam's relationship to modern terrorism.

Nobody, NOBODY, not me, abc, or anybody, has ever said that all of Islam is to blame for terrorism. But when Al Qaeda in Iraq took credit fr torturing and executing those two soldiers, who did they sayit was for???

The "*" is very necessary while talking to you, not because I'm disguising my own bigotry (which I don't believe I am, but whatever), but rather your inability to ook the problem in the eye.

i'll say it again-- nobody here has said that all Muslims are evil or responsible for terrorism. However, much as your good friend abc has already mentioned, Islam could use a good old protestant reformation. (which, btw, I truly believe we're seeing in some circles and nations).

Quote:
I can't even tell what the fuck you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say the Dresdens and Hiroshimas and My Lais are just a necessary part of warfare and I should just get the fuck over it?
Per....nevermind.

I'm asking that you take an oath of loyalty.

Quote:
Also, why do you keep saying we are "at war with a very real enemy"? We are at war with ideologies here at home, but our troops are really at war with serveral factions of insurgent fighters, not all of whom are motivated purely by "Islamic extremism" let alone "basically Islam as a whole".
Really? Well what is their cause, Ziggy??? Is it nationalism??? I honestly wish that were the case. Is it "Pan-arabism"??? What is motivating other muslims from Yemen, Syria, and Algeria to leave their homes and go to Iraq???

Why is it that the insurgents target mosques??? Why, again, is it that these insurgents kill in the name of Allah instead of iraq, or Arabism, or whatever..?

"Or maybe this isn't about Islam blah blah blah...."

Quote:
but this war should be invisible. Like 95% black ops. You dismantle terroist organizations with superior intel and targetted killings.
Really? And who would you kill in these blackops, Ziggy? Would uou just go after people who say they are a part of "Al Qaeda," and call it a day???

Al Qaeda is a product of the problem. Focusing on "black ops" that would "dismantle terrorist organizations" would be good, but would it end jihadism*, Ziggy?