View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM       
Well, as long as there's a trial I don't really see how there's a lack of oversight.
Giving up rights is bad, I don't like it either. I just find it hard to believe sensationalist media that is going to shit on anything that's republican anyway. So far I've seen no rights for any american or even alien citizen changed at all. The only difference I see is that now enemy combatants can be tried as unlawful enemy combatants. Wasn't there war crimes before? Haven't military courts always been outside of the normal judical system?
What's the difference as to how we can hold a terrorist now? Before would people file habeus corpus for them and get them released?

"perhaps my biggest problem with all of this is the people who are already in custody"

I thought it was retroactive? Does that mean they won't get their free trial card?