View Single Post
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 11:14 AM       
i've got a funny story, but i don't tell stories funny. so i'll just relay the information, and you can revise it funny. :O

i got "the wizard of oz" on dvd for christmas. it's one of my all-time favorites; i remember being a kid and getting so excited weeks before it made its annual appearance on network tv.

my two-year-old son has apparently been bitten by the same bug. he wants to watch it again and again. he'll ask to see certain scenes, like where dorothy throws water on the witch. or where the flying monkeys take dorothy away. or where the munchins dance. or whatever.

well, the other day when my husband stopped to pump gas, the kids were with him. so he pulled up to a gas pump right next to an african american man, and our precious two-year-old said, "look, daddy, a flying monkey! the flying monkey pump gas? yah. that's right. the flying monkey pump gas."

luckily, the man didn't hear him, but still. it's one of those many times when you want to laugh but you just can't laugh because what kind of parent would you be then...