View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:21 AM       
I am likely going to be researching and making a project of this page over the next few days (i've worked on the Coney Island links and this is a natural progression). I have been plagued by slow response time on Wikipedia, which has been driving me crazy. I don't believe regional variations needs its own page, it works where it's at as long as the rest of the stuff comports. The Ketchup debate -- however -- belongs on the discussion page. Jtmichcock

I reintroduced the ketchup debate to the article. "The Ketchup Debate" is not itself a discussion, but rather documentation of a debate that exists in much of the US (no doubt the world's largest consumer of hotdogs). Jtmichcock, please let me know if you disagree (and if so, why). As a sidenote, though, I wouldn't mind seeing the Royko and Dirty Harry bits moved to Wikiquote perhaps. --Nuffle 20:30, 7 October 2005 (UTC)

I previously moved the ketchup on hot dog debate to the Talk page (I notic it's miussing but can obviously be retrieved). While the quotes were amusing, they were discursive from the general topic. It may well be that the debate deserves its own topic, "Ketchup on Hot Dogs," perhaps, with a link under "The Ketchup Debate" header. I'm certain that there are other communities besides Chicago that have opinions on the topic. Jtmichcock 21:47, 16 October 2005 (UTC)

Done. The Ketchup Debate now has its own page Ketchup on Hot Dogs

Thanks! --Nuffle 20:38, 17 October 2005 (UTC)