View Single Post
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM       
I heard this last night while watching Letterman and I instantly mouthed the words 'Oh Gawd!'.

Drew Carey is fine as a quirky character on a television show, but as a person he's annoying as hell. The 'Whose Line Is It' series was tolerable because of everything that went on around him.

He's a goof and his tenure on Price will certainly come across as either lazy, corny or cheesy. This is the '100 Big Dick Jokes Guy'. Highbrow is not his thing and I can hear his idiotic laugh right now. Price was cheesy before, mine you, but a good comfortable sort of cheese. Barker always sort of kept this distinguished air about him despite the corny sets and jiggling contestants. Drew will make the show even more lowbrow.

They should have gone with an unknown. They should have cast a more classic-type host. One of the entertaining aspects of the show was it's classic era feel and Barker added a lot to that.

I bet they are going to 'update' the whole show.