Thread: New to metal
View Single Post
Mütiilation is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 11:11 PM       
black metal:

1349, abigor, abyssic hate, aeternus, acturus, aruspex (if you can find it, they're from orlando and i know the guys), bathory, belphegor, bilskirnir, burzum, blut aus nord, dark funeral, darkthrone, dimmu borgir (for all tid, the only one i recomend, or stormblast if you're daring), Dissection, einsatz kommando, emperor, eucharist, exhumed (they're not really black metal but goremetal.... but sub-genres are silly), forgotten woods, gorgoroth, graveland, grom, harvist, immortal, isengard, judas iscariot, mayhem, moonblood, mork gryning, Mütiilation, naglfar, nargaroth, nazgul (spain), nokturnal mortum, old funeral, old wainds, pantheon, samael, satanic warmaster, satyricon (dark medieval times is the best), Seigneur Voland, selbstmord, summoning, taake, Tairach, thy infernal, thy serpent, totenburg, ulver, uruk-hai, windir, wyrd, xasthur.

death metal:

Ablaze my sorrow, and oceans, altar, at the gates, carcass, death, darkest hour, dying fetus, god dethroned, grave, hate eternal, immolation, impious, krabathor, krisiun, nile, paths of possession, usurper

doom metal:

opeth, october tide, novembers doom, paradise lost

viking/folk metal:

Amon amarth, borknagar, cruachan, einherjer, ensiferum, enslaved, falkenbach, fall of the leafe, kraina bez wiatru, lord wind, otyg, therion, thyrfing, vintersorg

power metal:

blindg gaurdian, demons & wizards, iced earth, kalmah (sort of power metal... the vocals aren't though), nick beato, rhapsody, skyfire (the vocals are black metal but the music sounds like power metal to me still... i dont know i've killed my ears with black metal over the years, you decide)

the bands i colored are my first choice for the genre for a beginer -- i hope i helped