View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
Silent Hill!

Holy shit, this game is ridiculous. The dialogue is even more badly written and delivered than in Silent Hill 2, and now I know that everyone thinks SH2 is fantastic in the storytelling aspect because they were comparing it to the first one. I can't skip cutscenes, either, and for some reason pressing escape immediately kills the game, no questions asked, so I get to sit through Harry meeting Cybil again, which I am pretty sure is the most horrendous thing I've ever witnessed.

Also, the PC port removes the PSX grainyness from the graphics, but for some reason they didn't do anything with the character models, so everyone looks like they're made out of jell-o.

The atmosphere is really topnotchly brickshitting, though. I'm willing to forgive any game's absolutely tear-inducing cutscenes if it manages to make my heart race like crazy before I've even played it for 5 minutes.

I also still haven't been able to play 3 because my video card isn't hardcore enough, but that's looking better and better every second :<